+ Reply to Thread

Back In The Game (almost 8 years)

I've heard and seen so many changes in the game since I stopped playing because of college work. I was "devastated" when YNK changed and LEVEL UP games was bought by a different company, it caused most of my investment to my character gone and all merged/IM items I bought were deleted. I noticed that the PH server died almost a couple years after. Rohan Online PH has been one of the best game experiences I had then.

Last December, I decided to download R:BF and played at ISEN, which, I wasn't happy. Some players told me that Jainus is the server if I'm looking for a "hardwork" play-style server (Isen has been too much freebies and TRANS/OPA upgrades that I couldn't even keep up).

Now, I just started my main in Jainus-Jin and it feels like home. Even though most of them are in the US and international players, the people in this union server seems kind, populated even.

Thus, I'd really want to seek friendly advises about the game. I started with a Wizard when I saw that her skills were boosted up. I would, one day, want to reach Transcended level - and I feel excited about the thought of it.

(1) Would like to know where can I farm serpent fragments and weapon? I also noticed a great chance of option drops, which is my second question. (2) Where can I farm for possible option stone drops for enchanted armors?

I'll really appreciate you guys for your answers and help. xoxo
    JAINUS|Jin - ParkBom (Wizard)

"The night is dark and full of terrors."

Hi and welcome back!

You didn't mention what level your character was, but I would say that:

(1) The best place to farm Serpent gear is in Upper Gratt. Due to the super fast respawn of the monsters, its pretty easy to get a load of max stat drops in the space of a few hours. The exp is also great, pre 115. The only downside is the amount rpk that happens there. Although, last time I played, even that was manageable.

(2) Farm Enchanted Tonkins and Orc Kings. These monsters are between lvl40-55 respectively and drop option stones for weapons and armors. Easiest way is to just Google their locations. They are pretty easy to find. If you find you are too high a level to get them to drop anything then just party with a level 1 character. The level 1 doesn't even have to be in the same map as you, so long as it is in your party.

If you have a more powerful character then you can farm boxes in R5 (If you're higher than lvl115) which have a chance to give you a green Improved option stone. Certain bosses also drop option stones and SES.

Not sure why you want to farm these weapons but the easiest way is to just bypass it all by buying a trans exp pouch and then equipping Darkness armors and weapons. Total cost for an average weapon, armor set and exp pouch and a set of Pendants will be no more than 6-7K rps. Less than you would spend on making the same serpent set and a whole lot more powerful. Obviously, if you're a free to play player then get ready for a whole lot of hard work and frustration!

GL
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it.

Currently I'm level 85, probably by now I'm @ 90 if you're reading this. I would really want to purchase the Trans Exp Pouch, but I don't know exactly how much they sell it in game.

(1) The reason I'm currently aiming for Serpent gear is because this is my first char in the server, basically I don't have much crone savings atm. And I'm sure can survive with a serpent/glacial set (with max pdef, hopefully) when I'll do onyx farming. (Although I'm planning to purchase the onyx set anytime soon)

(2) I'm currently noticing a good percentage of option stone drops from popular spots when grinding (only when there's a rate increase event), though with R5 that you mention, I'd definitely give it a try when I'm at the level I can survive the mobs.

Yes, I would gladly buy a trans exp pouch and buy good darkness set, weapon, and pendants in EM. For now, I can give it a try with Serpent/Glacial. I will also check EM for possible trans exp pouch, and I might purchase it.
    JAINUS|Jin - ParkBom (Wizard)

"The night is dark and full of terrors."

To farm onyx armor parts you will need a lot more than glacial gear. The dungeon is very difficult for new players and you have to pay 25 mil every 8 hours just to farm there. It’s a pretty trash set up.

Easiest way to make onyx is to get IP from Inter(required lvl115) and buy parts from IP mall in craft center. Or just buy IP with crones or buy the parts themself with crones.

This is only if you are hellbent on forging it. You can get a set already refined for a fraction of what it would cost to make it.

Onyx weapon parts are a different story bc they drop in all the normal mirror dungeons which are free to farm in, but you’ll need a good party and decent DD/abs to stay alive.

Edit: Best way for a noobie to make crones is stay farming and collecting time jewels. Never open a time box, always sell them, they are a waste for you until you have decent gear.
    Don’t waste too much time making max glacial. You will not be in it long and it won’t have any value to sell once you are done with it.
    Last edited by thatniqqa41; 03-24-2019 at 12:04 PM.