+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    im sure the negative value is an overflow the character window is mostly inaccurate with all the stat inflation in the game.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by knuffl88 View Post
    Hellas! It's about time for another question

Any idea how attack speed is calculated? We were chatting in guild how it works out since there are 2 different numbers for it.

Mine for example say 571 and -429. Is there any logic behind this?
    Like 571 - 429 = gives an attack speed of 142 at the end?

Hulp :3
    curious about this too since long.
    I am guessing 571 + 429 = 1000 which is your normal weapon att speed without any att speed boost(from buff, pet, etc). You're an archer using bow i believe?

The decreament system is quite good because it wont get overflowing no matter how many att speed boost you have atm.
    Im not really sure how it works, but I imagine a guard with max att speed in Crazy standing + buff + etc won't never reach 0 att speed.
    The decrement gets lower and lower.

As for more details I cant help you, I'm also wondering about it, maybe veteran can explain better especially if we get multiple att speed boost

Quote Originally Posted by knuffl88 View Post
    Hellas! It's about time for another question

Any idea how attack speed is calculated? We were chatting in guild how it works out since there are 2 different numbers for it.

Mine for example say 571 and -429. Is there any logic behind this?
    Like 571 - 429 = gives an attack speed of 142 at the end?

Hulp :3
    The numbers you see in Character window is the attack delay. It is the number of milliseconds counted between every two attacks.

Attack Delay = D / (1 + Total Attack Speed)
    Where: D = weapon base attack delay in milliseconds (bow is 1000, dagger is 700, etc...)

So Erdi, you're equipped with upg bow (60%) and trans guarder (15%)
    Total Attack Speed = 75% = 0.75

Attack Delay = 1000 / (1 + 0.75) = 571.43 = 571 (rounded down)

The Attack Delay will never reach 0 because, as we all know, rational functions of this form, 0 is an asymptote. You need infinite attack speed for it to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by petebebz View Post
    The numbers you see in Character window is the attack delay. It is the number of milliseconds counted between every two attacks.

Where: D = weapon base attack delay in milliseconds (bow is 1000, dagger is 700, etc...)

The Attack Delay will never reach 0 because, as we all know, rational functions of this form, 0 is an asymptote. You need infinite attack speed for it to be done.
    Thank you, you are legend

You, I like you, your explanation is on point. And here I thought I was the only one using math to understand this game
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by White Arctic Fox View Post
    You, I like you, your explanation is on point. And here I thought I was the only one using math to understand this game
    When did you ever use math to understand this game?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    When did you ever use math to understand this game?
    Mostly statistics (I don't call that math but it is lol) you can calculate successrates of ses/forging etc or calculate the rate on tickets +12/18/21 or opaniel tickets etc etc.

Also the attackspeed, blunt/zhen mastery, scaling of stats through different amplifiers (attack + all stats + melee).

estimate damage given/received with specific sets of debuffs and so on lol
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Ohooo, okay. Sounds quite logic, thanks for the explanation. So using Silva + buffs lowers the delay between attacks further, currently on 448. Mystery from the first field is solved now

The second field is still weird though, not really sure what it's supposed to say. If it even says something useful x)

PW: woops, used the wrong forum account
    Last edited by RadnomOne; 06-18-2019 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadnomOne View Post
    Ohooo, okay. Sounds quite logic, thanks for the explanation. So using Silva + buffs lowers the delay between attacks further, currently on 448. Mystery from the first field is solved now

The second field is still weird though, not really sure what it's supposed to say. If it even says something useful x)

PW: woops, used the wrong forum account
    You mean the negative value?

AchanClub answers that already so its not really a mystery at all.

The negative value is the decrease in Attack Delay due to the increase in attack speed.

If you add the absolute value of numbers in two fields, you'll always get the value D (base Attack Delay of the weapon you use) which is 1000 in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by White Arctic Fox View Post
    Mostly statistics (I don't call that math but it is lol) you can calculate successrates of ses/forging etc or calculate the rate on tickets +12/18/21 or opaniel tickets etc etc.

Also the attackspeed, blunt/zhen mastery, scaling of stats through different amplifiers (attack + all stats + melee).

estimate damage given/received with specific sets of debuffs and so on lol
    You're correct sir. Both you and Sunny influence my way of playing this game.

You're calculations are way ahead. We haven't figure out the formula for zhen mastery (we can't produce the same numbers we can see in the character window). We're also trying to figure out PVE/PVP def as its effect is not as linear as Damage Drop. I'll gather data again if I have a huge free time.

Knowing this things does not make me OP but it intrigues me to no end. Helping fellow players in their questions is just an added bonus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast