+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: STR Defender?

Quote Originally Posted by Reapmaster View Post
    Seriously though, Defenders aren't all that great at the moment.

You want to be a tank? Play a rumir, predator, or DS.

You want the stuns and support? Play a rumir, priest, or guardian.

You want to dps with a club? Play a templar.

Literally the only reason people make defenders nowadays is as an alt to follow their mains around with empower while farming - in which case it's better off being vit.
    If you only gonna go on the numbers then yeah sure but defender's true value is in the support skills it brings to the table.

WHIRLWIND
    SHIELD PUSH
    SHIELD BURDEN (gets resisted oooooooooof)
    20 something second root from lvl 115 skill but that one I dont think can be resisted.
    A shelter that keeps your obli up (unless you get pushed around by a skilled defender or death called by an avenger)

A good defender sets up kills by pushing people away from their party and overall disrupting the flow of things. Warlocks fit in the same category but YMMV.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    If you only gonna go on the numbers then yeah sure but defender's true value is in the support skills it brings to the table.

WHIRLWIND
    SHIELD PUSH
    SHIELD BURDEN (gets resisted oooooooooof)
    20 something second root from lvl 115 skill but that one I dont think can be resisted.
    A shelter that keeps your obli up (unless you get pushed around by a skilled defender or death called by an avenger)

A good defender sets up kills by pushing people away from their party and overall disrupting the flow of things. Warlocks fit in the same category but YMMV.
    Maybe 10 years ago players used to play defenders like this, I agree it's THE way to play defender. You forgot DN when shelter ends (prevent shotta temp from DPP lol) but beside that I agree. yep it's sad to see only a few classes played. I really hope the balance patches will turn the tide (one can hope).

Warlock magic push works as a flow-disruption but the rest of warlock (CC) skillset is mainly single target focused (be it that the CD's are low so you can vs. 2-3 players because CC skill duration >>> skill cooldown. Defender has more AOE focused CC but shorter duration, Both skillsets are very good though.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by White Arctic Fox View Post
    Maybe 10 years ago players used to play defenders like this, I agree it's THE way to play defender. You forgot DN when shelter ends (prevent shotta temp from DPP lol) but beside that I agree. yep it's sad to see only a few classes played. I really hope the balance patches will turn the tide (one can hope).

Warlock magic push works as a flow-disruption but the rest of warlock (CC) skillset is mainly single target focused (be it that the CD's are low so you can vs. 2-3 players because CC skill duration >>> skill cooldown. Defender has more AOE focused CC but shorter duration, Both skillsets are very good though.
    It wasnt 10 years ago I literally was doing this in PA while back and you can even see me in that maha hunterkit pvp video (obv they cut out the good parts)

It wasnt 10 years ago I literally was doing this in PA while back and you can even see me in that maha hunterkit pvp video (obv they cut out the good parts)
    yea, but name 1 more player who uses defender for that lol, it's just an empower pet for 99% of the players.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

yea, but name 1 more player who uses defender for that lol, it's just an empower pet for 99% of the players.
    Exactly my point.

Well, we'll see how this all shapes out to be in the next month considering Humans are being patched next.

Info: http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...391#post364391

Hopefully GMs will do a better job at managing expectations with the info they give out (nerf/buff chart released before the dhan patch was a clusterfck).

I don’t carry grudges, I carry flowers to funerals.

Thats like asking me to name 1 other player that isnt braindead.

Hi, i started a month ago, i was full vitality untill a week ago because i had no gears i could rely on..
    I swapped this morning into full strenght (For a week i was looking just for the gears), i am able to mirror with the others, they don't hit me much and to solo Inter untill stage 5 (To whom is so new to the game i believe is a good achievement)

I find being defender funny and mirrorin' who i am in real life.
    I like to help others but also being self dependant, so god made Defender's!

Feel free to whisper me for any chat, i'd like to learn as much as i can.. So i will question back a lot!

Thank you for the time, you have taken into reading my thoughts!
    The Grandpa Everyone Wants, That Only Enigma Has!

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraMagic View Post
    Hi, i started a month ago, i was full vitality untill a week ago because i had no gears i could rely on..
    I swapped this morning into full strenght (For a week i was looking just for the gears), i am able to mirror with the others, they don't hit me much and to solo Inter untill stage 5 (To whom is so new to the game i believe is a good achievement)

Feel free to whisper me for any chat, i'd like to learn as much as i can.. So i will question back a lot!

You making me proud but that picture shows a defender with a dagger offhand! thats not in the spirit of a defender you need to bust out that shield!

spoken from the utmost authority on everything defender.

You making me proud but that picture shows a defender with a dagger offhand! thats not in the spirit of a defender you need to bust out that shield!

spoken from the utmost authority on everything defender.
    Hello there sunnyangel, thank you for the kind comment, the dagger is only used due to the lack on my main hand of absorption.
    When i play important parties or do bossess i always wear my shield!
    The Grandpa Everyone Wants, That Only Enigma Has!

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraMagic View Post

Good to see some nice folks around here, enjoy the game m8
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster