+ Reply to Thread

Experiencing Frequent Monster Bug

I didn't think I'll be posting something like this in the discussion tab but I really need to know if others are experiencing the same thing.

This has been happening more often than not. I mean when a character just stops attacking a monster but not vice versa. This has happened during HK, and even when I exit HK I still can't attack the monster.

This has absolutely defeated the purpose of HK especially when grinding new maps.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing??

just port out and back. moob will disapear

It is a visual bug that can occure from time to time. Where the mob received either just enough damage to die over time, for example due to any posion effects or where there is a graphical delay where your pc doesn't update that is has been killed.
    As for a solution indeed porting in and out will make it dissapear, but that is largely impossible. An easier solution is to manually target a different mob or pres f1 to target yourself to reset HK so it will reset hk and select a new target.
    In party you'll see it happen more often that your character will stare at a mob with little hp but doesn't attack it, this might occure due to other party members dealing it enough damage to kill. Why it isn't show yet is the extreem high attack speed, some animations aren't able to keep up and cause a delay over time. If you watch long enough the mob will dissapear and you start attacking again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flensermite View Post
    It is a visual bug that can occure from time to time. Where the mob received either just enough damage to die over time, for example due to any posion effects or where there is a graphical delay where your pc doesn't update that is has been killed.
    As for a solution indeed porting in and out will make it dissapear, but that is largely impossible. An easier solution is to manually target a different mob or pres f1 to target yourself to reset HK so it will reset hk and select a new target.
    In party you'll see it happen more often that your character will stare at a mob with little hp but doesn't attack it, this might occure due to other party members dealing it enough damage to kill. Why it isn't show yet is the extreem high attack speed, some animations aren't able to keep up and cause a delay over time. If you watch long enough the mob will dissapear and you start attacking again.
    Thanks for your reply. Re-selecting a new mob does indeed fix the problem giving enough time for either the bugged mob to be attackable again or disappear all together. However, this does not fix HK problems or for long periods of afk. I am hoping there is maybe a fix for this or even an advice? Many thanks

as far as i can tell there is no fix... the mob is just misreporting location.. i have several screenshots of this myself... on your screen you see it far away ... but as far as the game is concerned it is standing right next to you basically... just fail development