+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[ATTN GMs] Can we please talk about spam?

For a long time ive ignored spam posts on the forum but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so and it is irresponsible for playwith to ignore this much spam.

For starters it makes it look like you dont give a F!@# about your company or its reputation. This is an official forum not some community run sh!@ show you like garbage in your forum?

Secondly there are many cyber-security concerns surrounding spam. Almost all endpoint security attacks start with spam. How do you know that URL isnt some base64 encoded garbage URL that sends you to a phishing site? or that it isnt a download link which contains malware?

By ignoring the spam you have put a target on your back, your forum is now in a list of other forums where they can send their spam out for free. Only takes one stupid person to click the URL to have that minimal effort pay off.

How can you solve this spam problem? You made the right first step by preventing direct link-redirection on the forum but theres more.

1: Have somebody come and delete spam once a day
    -srsly theres less than 20 posts per day at this point it will take you less than 5 mins to see all the new posts and delete the spam.

2: Set up forum moderators
    -maybe somebody is willing to volunteer to delete the spam (I know I could do that)

There is no substitute for human intervention I wont even recommend any automated system because its useless with such a low amount of posts per day.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    For a long time ive ignored spam posts on the forum but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so and it is irresponsible for playwith to ignore this much spam.

For starters it makes it look like you dont give a F!@# about your company or its reputation. This is an official forum not some community run sh!@ show you like garbage in your forum?

Secondly there are many cyber-security concerns surrounding spam. Almost all endpoint security attacks start with spam. How do you know that URL isnt some base64 encoded garbage URL that sends you to a phishing site? or that it isnt a download link which contains malware?

By ignoring the spam you have put a target on your back, your forum is now in a list of other forums where they can send their spam out for free. Only takes one stupid person to click the URL to have that minimal effort pay off.

How can you solve this spam problem? You made the right first step by preventing direct link-redirection on the forum but theres more.

-srsly theres less than 20 posts per day at this point it will take you less than 5 mins to see all the new posts and delete the spam.

-maybe somebody is willing to volunteer to delete the spam (I know I could do that)

There is no substitute for human intervention I wont even recommend any automated system because its useless with such a low amount of posts per day.
    I thinked i was the only one to get bored with that spams :P
    Isen - Lais SweetBaby Carol

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post

The dont care about this forum

We Will Hunt You Down

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTuramus View Post
    The dont care about this forum
    feels like that dont it? id start another forum but I need my post count :P

There are over 200 posts about ****ing jerseys this is straight up wrong playwith what the actual **** are you doing?

Banned
    yeah no kidding! Jesus H Keerist! I can mark everything as read 5 times a day and still get nailed with them. Their captcha is not working - at all.

It is easy enough to fix - if they cared.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 12-26-2018 at 02:15 PM.

im just gonna bump this thread any time new posts is not in the forum because its going to ****!

my thread gets burried so fast that the only way to find it is by going to my profile L U L

Lmao xD...

We Will Hunt You Down

The war against spam continues!