+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    I'm giving a try right now
    Name's Grog(Guardian)
    Bought the Epic Sword, farming with a edwin and str pendants, as far as i could get for now.
    With a trans pouch to wear it, so 101 already.
    Got to work on the dagger-better armor and pretty much everything.
    Drop your IGN here or if u can't cause of haters, then just PM ME in game

Server : Isen
    Character : Vit Defender (Clint) 115 + (?)

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoRenault View Post
    Name's Grog(Guardian)
    Bought the Epic Sword, farming with a edwin and str pendants, as far as i could get for now.
    Buy IP tickets with crone and then make yourself an onyx str set (you can buy parts from the IP mall and forge yourself a set(focus on PDF only each unique part should have 100-190PDF), use Protection of Marea from player kiosks (50-100m each) to ench your set all on HP.

Save up the rest of all your money and buy an epic dagger as well. Epic sword + Epic dagger will enable you to farm in mirror dungeons (in a party)
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Name's Grog(Guardian)
    Welcome to jainus and set your hk on for farming 24/7. Oh wait! Make sure to have a 1 billion pdf to survive

Quote Originally Posted by MAYAPUTOMAYA View Post
    Welcome to jainus and set your hk on for farming 24/7. Oh wait! Make sure to have a 1 billion pdf to survive
    Lmao and dont forget to get killt evry 5 mins xD

We Will Hunt You Down

I would suggest you try to trade that epic sword for an epic dagger, then get a shield instead. The extra attack speed using a dagger will more than make up the damage from going dual wield - especially when comboing. 50% block rate at lvl 7 bless shield (40% at 6) can't be understated.

Try getting an opaniel shield if you can. You can add 20% melee / 20% damage drop into it. You can do this with a transcended darkness onyx shield too but the extra 5% pvp 10%+ skill defense an opaniel shield gives helps loads - take this from me, one of the most tanky people in the game.

I've tried dual wield. I used to be dual wield. Trust me, it isn't worth it. Bonus points you don't have to spend extra RP for 2 weapons. If you have enough money for both an epic sword and dagger, get an upgrade 2.0 dagger instead. They go for 30-40k. You might have to dual log a rumir to help you survive in maps though. But all the benefits of using a sword (extra damage, extra DD from dual-wielding) go out the window the second you add melee and DD into an opaniel shield.

If you have any guardian-related questions, feel free to pm me in-game.
    Last edited by Reapmaster; 11-01-2018 at 03:33 AM.

I don’t carry grudges, I carry flowers to funerals.

when you play a guard for starter i thought you are screwed, but when you bought epic sword, im sure you are.

guard isnt a farm char, its a PvP char and so will only be good if you max it, as white has said, you need to farm a lot more and then after you are steady and have good farmers, pick a class for main(PvP class such as guard) and max it.

guard cant farm solo in mirror or even with support it still has trouble to do steady dps(its a combo class and you cant 24/7 that), it's also bad for farming system event box/dust/bones because its a melee class.
    It is good for PvP if you have max gear on it, super annoying and can kill almost anything. The class somewhat immortal too with that block rate 50%, SS.

but you can always try more things, i cant reallly give much advices as white already said it all the best advice for farmers, pred+rumir+priest for more safety. I just can say good luck. I think I saw you on GH Bindstone yesterday.

btw what reapmaster said is all true, that 50% block rate will make you delighted. Pray, someone will buy/trade your epic sword.

NOTE : I heard GM will do balance patch or such, im not sure what will happen to guard, including the viability of dual-wielding, hold your sword?.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapmaster View Post
    I would suggest you try to trade that epic sword for an epic dagger, then get a shield instead. The extra attack speed using a dagger will more than make up the damage from going dual wield - especially when comboing. 50% block rate at lvl 7 bless shield (40% at 6) can't be understated.

Try getting an opaniel shield if you can. You can add 20% melee / 20% damage drop into it. You can do this with a transcended darkness onyx shield too but the extra 5% pvp 10%+ skill defense an opaniel shield gives helps loads - take this from me, one of the most tanky people in the game.

I've tried dual wield. I used to be dual wield. Trust me, it isn't worth it. Bonus points you don't have to spend extra RP for 2 weapons. If you have enough money for both an epic sword and dagger, get an upgrade 2.0 dagger instead. They go for 30-40k. You might have to dual log a rumir to help you survive in maps though. But all the benefits of using a sword (extra damage, extra DD from dual-wielding) go out the window the second you add melee and DD into an opaniel shield.

If you have any guardian-related questions, feel free to pm me in-game.
    It would have been better to just buy a dagger from the start but he already bought an epic sword (with all the RP he had). Did not want to discourage him saying he did it wrong but rather give him the option to continue on the path he already chose since there is most likely no turning back.

Anyway what Jeff said is technically correct, it's better to use shield and dagger, however opaniel shield is gonna be 12-14k rps and you won't find anyone to trade your epic sword with (nobody really uses sword). Thus why I suggested to get an epic dagger next to dual wield. you'll have whilst dual wielding 20% hp/mp abs and 60% DD, this is enough for mirro dungeons.

What I'd do (personally) is make a noir, put the epic sword in the noir and use noir to farm, much better than guardians. Guard doesn't combo again untill a monster is dead, since your normal AA sucks d!ck without max gears (and even with it's so-so) you rely on combo, which doesn't go off untill you plowed through 3-5M hp from a mirror mob using noting but regulars. Also with the 200% melee cap they do not reach their full potential at lvl 115+50 (or even before that).
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Quote Originally Posted by AchanClub View Post
    when you play a guard for starter i thought you are screwed, but when you bought epic sword, im sure you are.

guard isnt a farm char, its a PvP char and so will only be good if you max it, as white has said, you need to farm a lot more and then after you are steady and have good farmers, pick a class for main(PvP class such as guard) and max it.

guard cant farm solo in mirror or even with support it still has trouble to do steady dps(its a combo class and you cant 24/7 that), it's also bad for farming system event box/dust/bones because its a melee class.
    It is good for PvP if you have max gear on it, super annoying and can kill almost anything. The class somewhat immortal too with that block rate 50%, SS.

but you can always try more things, i cant reallly give much advices as white already said it all the best advice for farmers, pred+rumir+priest for more safety. I just can say good luck. I think I saw you on GH Bindstone yesterday.

btw what reapmaster said is all true, that 50% block rate will make you delighted. Pray, someone will buy/trade your epic sword.

NOTE : I heard GM will do balance patch or such, im not sure what will happen to guard, including the viability of dual-wielding, hold your sword?.
    Diego is new and impatient xD, wanting to start with a PVP class straight away, it works but it's gonna require you to charge quite some $ as well as be more patient because you'll make progress much slower than when you create your own farm party. I played Avenger & Ranger when I started 10 years ago, let's say I didn't really make it very far (I didn't charge $).

As for the balance patch, probably no big changes will be applied during that patch since changing classes a lot is risky and could enrage players. With the small community we have I'm not sure if they are willing to take that risk again.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTuramus View Post
    Lmao and dont forget to get killt evry 5 mins xD
    With 1 billion pdf im gonna waste my time to kill you

Name's Grog(Guardian)

See you in Jainus, Clint! I'm moving now to Jainus from Isen. - Barbosa

And thanks to White and other people in Jainus, I'm actually learning alot from you guys. Keep sharing your advices. :3