+ Reply to Thread

question about daily gift pattern

i got pattern as daily gift and i know i need perma costume to use it.
    is the only way to get that costume buying it with real money?
    or is the only way to use that pattern?..

Quote Originally Posted by bambam56 View Post
    i got pattern as daily gift and i know i need perma costume to use it.
    is the only way to get that costume buying it with real money?
    or is the only way to use that pattern?..
    I'm going to guess you are a new player that hasn't yet spent any money in the game, so I'll try to break down the Rohan economics for you.

There are 2 currencies that you can use on the Item Mall and Exchange Market: RPS and ecash. RPS is currency that is loaded using real money via the "Add RPS" tab. Ecash is currency that is acquired by selling items (obtained in-game) in the Exchange Market.

RPS and ecash hold the same value when used in the Exchange Market, but you'll find that items in the Item Mall cost about 2 times as much when using ecash compared to RPS. This is Playwith's incentive to make you use real money in the game because most items on the Item Mall, such as permanent costumes, are 2-3 times cheaper when using RPS.

This isn't necessary though (but certainly more convenient). It is possible to be self-sustaining with just ecash through farming and selling items on the Exchange Market. Lots of players do it.

Though, in my opinion if you do decide to go that option, you will want to invest the small $10 fee for an Exchange Market membership. Without it, you are only able to list 3 items every 2 weeks which limits your selling opportunities. With the membership though, you're able to sell up to 30 items (per 2 weeks).

I know quite a few people with so much gear, yet have spent less than $100 in this game. Though if you want to go the self-sustaining minimum-expense route, I'd suggest investing at least the $10 on the Exchange Market membership to maximize your selling capacity.

And finally, to answer your question: yes, permanent costumes are the only way to use those patterns. You can only obtain a permanent costume by purchasing one with RPS or ecash from the Item Mall, or alternatively getting a Supreme Commander costume through Power Arena.

I don’t carry grudges, I carry flowers to funerals.

Jeff is correct, alternatively for the past few years you were also able to obtain free X-Mass costumes with 3 patterns in the head & bodypieces. This was only temporary during X-mass events though so no telling if they will apply it again this year.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

i played rohan for a few weeks many years ago,i dont know much about it.
    ty for answer,u enlightened me.

I was able to purchase myself 2 costumes after 15 days of playing.. So i'm sure you can too, if you play Isen i can give you some economy tips i learned myself or Jeff taught me on the way!

Server : Isen
    Character : Vit Defender (Clint) 115 + (?)