+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    I am ok with the class balance as it is with the exception of a few things:

1: Loop lasts too long and is way too overpowered in a server where everybody has a crit rate boost from upgrades and epics. Should be able to break loop with broken barrier
    2: Predator katar mastery giving extra crit rate for no bloody reason.
    3: Mages cast time and cooldowns are too long which make it impossible to do endgame PVE and challenging to do PVP.
    4: Templar's Intelligence Blow is garbage now the scaling between 6 and 7 is like 5%
    5: Defenders get no additional STR outside of rising might and their skills scale like ****!

But more importantly this stupid PA badge gives RAW HP which is F!@#$%$ as the PA season goes on it makes some classes simply unkillable with the stacking damage reduction and the absurd amount of HP. That should be changed to points of vit instead scaling from 20/40/60/80/100 150/175/200/225/250/300 vit (300 vit= 6000 HP by comparison)
    Agree with all the above, esp with a nerf to the PA badges. On this subject, I'd like to add that:

6. Guardians and Rangers/Scouts have their attack stat capped/their ulti is bugged. On guards for example, once you pop ulti other buffs/auras that increase melee don't work any longer. Easy way to test this: pop ulti THEN use crazy swing. Melee will not increase with the use of CS. This also applies to buffs, auras, etc, (like literally having crit aura off then turning it on during ulti won't boost melee) making their main damage combo (ulti+OS+CS) nerfed in a big way. For reference, I could easily reach 200k+ melee before whereas I cap at about half that now - with a +attack pet, better stats from armor, better title, etc when I didn't have any before.

I hear the Half Elf class is also experiencing a very similar bug causing their RA to cap out.

This has been ticketed by so many people since June/July and I don't know why this isn't fixed yet. It worked perfectly earlier this year, meaning a cap/change had been introduced in one of the patches... so the solution is as simple as undoing the line/few lines of code that put the change/cap in. What gives?

7. Fix the damn attackspeed bug. This has existed for years. Classes that have a high enough attack speed can't reliably use skills as it takes sometimes 2-5 seconds before it is activated. I suspect this is due to a discrepancy between the actual attack speed and how fast a character attack can be animated (i.e. in a 5 second window your character dishes out 10 hits but the client has only animated 8, causing a discrepancy where the animation needs to catch up). There is a reliable way to stop character animation though - sitting. It immediately stops the character attack animation and causes a "sit" action. So why doesn't pressing on a skill do the same and stop the attack animation so that the skill can be activated immediately?

Just 2 things that need urgent fixing without requiring a skill balance patch off the top of my mind.

I don’t carry grudges, I carry flowers to funerals.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    ahaha no. I wouldn't put my hand up even if it was paid work lol I'm happy just to lurk around here, post the odd post and music vid until such time as I return to the game.
    I was trying to get you on the forums more often :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reapmaster View Post
    Agree with all the above, esp with a nerf to the PA badges. On this subject, I'd like to add that:

6. Guardians and Rangers/Scouts have their attack stat capped/their ulti is bugged. On guards for example, once you pop ulti other buffs/auras that increase melee don't work any longer. Easy way to test this: pop ulti THEN use crazy swing. Melee will not increase with the use of CS. This also applies to buffs, auras, etc, (like literally having crit aura off then turning it on during ulti won't boost melee) making their main damage combo (ulti+OS+CS) nerfed in a big way. For reference, I could easily reach 200k+ melee before whereas I cap at about half that now - with a +attack pet, better stats from armor, better title, etc when I didn't have any before.

I hear the Half Elf class is also experiencing a very similar bug causing their RA to cap out.

This has been ticketed by so many people since June/July and I don't know why this isn't fixed yet. It worked perfectly earlier this year, meaning a cap/change had been introduced in one of the patches... so the solution is as simple as undoing the line/few lines of code that put the change/cap in. What gives?

7. Fix the damn attackspeed bug. This has existed for years. Classes that have a high enough attack speed can't reliably use skills as it takes sometimes 2-5 seconds before it is activated. I suspect this is due to a discrepancy between the actual attack speed and how fast a character attack can be animated (i.e. in a 5 second window your character dishes out 10 hits but the client has only animated 8, causing a discrepancy where the animation needs to catch up). There is a reliable way to stop character animation though - sitting. It immediately stops the character attack animation and causes a "sit" action. So why doesn't pressing on a skill do the same and stop the attack animation so that the skill can be activated immediately?

Just 2 things that need urgent fixing without requiring a skill balance patch off the top of my mind.
    At the end of the day I think the best move when it comes to class balance is to go 1 class at a time. Make a thread > discuss shortcomings > people post suggestions > report submitted to GM to be fixed.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

I am ok with the class balance as it is with the exception of a few things:

1: Loop lasts too long and is way too overpowered in a server where everybody has a crit rate boost from upgrades and epics. Should be able to break loop with broken barrier
    I don't agree with this, dhan damage is too high you shouldn't be able to break loop. There are 2 things I'd change about loop, 1 being the heal that it gives, should be only 33% of crit dmg received on lvl 7, 10% lvl 6 and the rest no heal. The duration is fine but at lvl 7 the cd becomes 20 sec whilst the duration is 30. The cd should Always be 30 sec as well as 30 sec duration.
    2: Predator katar mastery giving extra crit rate for no bloody reason.
    Instead of critrate they should add attackspeed. 10-20-30% at lvls 5-6-7
    3: Mages cast time and cooldowns are too long which make it impossible to do endgame PVE and challenging to do PVP.
    I agree and disagree. Mages cast times are too long for PVE for PVP however they are fine, the problem is by reducing cast times you'd make PVE more viable but it would be totally broken in PVP, unless you change wizzard completely and let them scale on intel instead of psy, giving them magic attack on their regular AA with destroy (they'd be like scout), this wouldn't make it OP for PVP but it would be a huge boost in PVE
    4: Templar's Intelligence Blow is garbage now the scaling between 6 and 7 is like 5%
    30 and 35% is not enough, I agree, it should be 30% at lvl 6 and 50% at lvl 7. They also need to remove the 20% DD on reflect
    5: Defenders get no additional STR outside of rising might and their skills scale like ****!
    Depends what you want, support or damage? Defender always been kind of a hybrid class it's hard to balance it for both, should make a choice what they should be before you can change their skills

But more importantly this stupid PA badge gives RAW HP which is F!@#$%$ as the PA season goes on it makes some classes simply unkillable with the stacking damage reduction and the absurd amount of HP. That should be changed to points of vit instead scaling from 20/40/60/80/100 150/175/200/225/250/300 vit (300 vit= 6000 HP by comparison)

This I can't agree more with the 200k hp on PA badges is ridiculous, I've already complained in tickets as well as on this forum to change this and lower it by a huge amount. The only issue with this is that once you remove all the HP, it becomes a lot harder to do Mirror dungeons or inter/sup/new map for many players. This is why I would suggest to cap the flat HP or change it with VIT like you suggest but instead add PVE defense and PVE attack (same scaling as the PVP def) to compensate for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre8 View Post
    not only that more vit equals more pdf for mirror i agree with that sunny
    Vit doesn't really do that much for you in mirror dungeons, unless you get 16-22k PDF, it won't help you there (300 vit isn't really gonna do anything for you pdf wise)

Quote Originally Posted by MAYAPUTOMAYA View Post
    I know it’s gonna huge to ask it would be nice also if put an option to dhans buffs to use daggers.
    Mages pvp skills cast time and cool down so long just like you’re waiting vain to use it again.
    I totally agree, it would be great to have a more versatile playstyle. I honestly prefer dagger over katar on dhans for multiple reasons (no miss, looks better, feels better when playing with it). But with the current katar mastery, you can't really play without a katar...

Quote Originally Posted by Reapmaster View Post

I've not fully tested this bug yet but if it indeed works like you discribe it's bad and should be fixed

The attackspeed bug has been an issue for a very long time, I'm not entirely sure how they could fix this. It's not as easy as you think it is. the game is designed in such a way that the more attackspeed boosts you get the less effective they are. Meaning the number of attackspeed is your interval between consecutive hits, with a percentage wise boost this number becomes less, thus preventing an overflow of attackspeed with a lot of boosts.(example you have 1000 AS, you get 50% boost you reach 500, you get another 50% boost you reach 250, now it doesn't exactly work like that, they have a formula for it, but it does stack in a negative way). The people who designed this game did not expect people to get 40-60% AS wep, 30% AS pet 150%-300% temporary AS buffs 10-40% permanent AS buffs and so on. This causes the system to freak out

I was trying to get you on the forums more often :P

At the end of the day I think the best move when it comes to class balance is to go 1 class at a time. Make a thread > discuss shortcomings > people post suggestions > report submitted to GM to be fixed.
    You won't get anywhere with everyone just giving their opinion about 1 or 2 skills from the class they play with a complain about either some bug or something they want to be more OP. There are very few people (like me) who have played every class (at high lvl and with (semi) max gears and are currently pretty much up-to date with the state of all classes in this game.

What I want to do is write out a complete class balance for all the classes and their skills that need to be reworked/changed, while comparing it with what the Koreans suggested in their last patch. I will post this here and give it to Albreiker. The only issue I'm currently dealing with is that I have limited time to do this due to my study. I could probably produce most of the classes/skills but I don't have time to write out why I make every specific change, every desicion I make will be based on experience and game knolwedge but explaining it all will take too much time...
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

Quote Originally Posted by shannon11 View Post
    The only issue I'm currently dealing with is that I have limited time to do this due to my study. I could probably produce most of the classes/skills but I don't have time to write out why I make every specific change, every desicion I make will be based on experience and game knolwedge but explaining it all will take too much time...
    To the above person.

Hi, excuse me *person who blocked me* hello, just throwing in my input here, yea times an issue we all face, but who says what you're talking about needs to be done in a hurry? You could take your time with it over a few weeks or even a couple of months. Like a "work in progress" because, let's face it, nothings going to change around here any time soon with or w/o ur issues/ suggestions anyways. What's a few more weeks or months going to matter? You know how these guys work. Work on it when you have free time.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

To the above person.

Hi, excuse me *person who blocked me* hello, just throwing in my input here, yea times an issue we all face, but who says what you're talking about needs to be done in a hurry? You could take your time with it over a few weeks or even a couple of months. Like a "work in progress" because, let's face it, nothings going to change around here any time soon with or w/o ur issues/ suggestions anyways. What's a few more weeks or months going to matter? You know how these guys work. Work on it when you have free time.
    I have never blocked you anywhere, I only block people who spam me. I simply deleted you from FL and never spoke to you again because you made drama and behaved like a b1tch to me while I didn't do anything wrong. Anyway idc about that.

We are actually on a tight scedule because the GMs want the balance patch implemented soon. They are planning to implement the last balance patch Korea had and with that we'll get a lot of f*cked up skills, like AOE critshot on rangers with 4 second cooldown (that applies their ulti AOE).

So unless the GMs want to prospone it I do see a problem with the current timeframe.
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

Quote Originally Posted by shannon11 View Post
    I have never blocked you anywhere, I only block people who spam me. I simply deleted you from FL and never spoke to you again because you made drama and behaved like a b1tch to me while I didn't do anything wrong. Anyway idc about that.

We are actually on a tight scedule because the GMs want the balance patch implemented soon. They are planning to implement the last balance patch Korea had and with that we'll get a lot of f*cked up skills, like AOE critshot on rangers with 4 second cooldown (that applies their ulti AOE).

So unless the GMs want to prospone it I do see a problem with the current timeframe.
    I didn't make Drama. I simply played PA the way I wanted to play it. What happened after that was out of my control, I don't speak for other people, and it was other people that started the whole dam thing in the first place because I wouldnt bow down to what they wanted.

But anyways, got cha, didnt know there was a hurry on this whole thing.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Banned
    ahaha no. I wouldn't put my hand up even if it was paid work lol I'm happy just to lurk around here, post the odd post and music vid until such time as I return to the game.
    Ditto from dis old man. Live's just way too short and getting frigging shorter each day!!

Damn, people STILL play this dead game ?

Lmao.

wake up guys, we're playing RTX games now.

/szstilgar

Quote Originally Posted by arthurderohan2 View Post
    Damn, people STILL play this dead game ?

Lmao.

wake up guys, we're playing RTX games now.

/szstilgar
    Take your macrons somewhere else and shouldnt you be helping g2 win a lan on csgo?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Take your macrons somewhere else and shouldnt you be helping g2 win a lan on csgo?
    Nope.

/10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast