+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Albreiker View Post
    Ok, I do not know why you assume that this is a definitive solution. We only taken this action by the people who are extorting other players.

Obviously, this topic goes further than just banning. We have to make changes in the system, but this post was not focused on that but on people who are spreading rumors and threatening with ban. That was what we wanted to clarify, I will take note of the comments you made.

And with all due respect, you know how many people were banned for that? I can tell you, 7. This decision did not affect almost anyone, all these players abused the system extorting players. The problem arose because these players did not want to tell the true to their guilds and started to lie about it. They said we banned them for doing PK. PK extorting people? They needed to add that little detail.

We do not mention the names of these players out of respect for their privacy, but we will not allow GMs to be defamed.

I hope this will make the subject clearer.
    I'm not trying to defame you or any other gm nor spread rumors. Not everyone who was banned was specifically banned for extorting/blackmailing players. I know for a fact GMs (like Mikaa) have sent tickets back to players with to tell them they would/could get banned for pking too much, same goes for your statement about ''pk abuse''.

If you do not want players to attack you like this on the forums, you should make a clear statement, you keep things vague instead so you can come back on your word later, this pisses me off because I feel I'm not being taken seriously thus I respond accordingly.

If you truely ONLY get banned if you extort players by pking them for money/items, I have no problem with that. But don't take the spam venging of people out on the players, it's a faulty design and as long as it exists, the focus should be at fixing the design error, not the players using it (pretty much using it as it's intended).

I try to be more active in the forum but there are other tasks to be fulfilled and sometimes a topic is very much distorted. I will assign a GM to only attend the forum soon, thanks for your feedback. I just hope you have patience with him and explain things to him.
    I know there is a lot of grudge against the old GMs, but they are no longer here. Treat the new ones with respect so they can give you what you need.
    You know the whole problem lies with having a new GM every time. I've been playing for 10 years and I know more about this game than any GM in your team, game mechanics wise you can probably count the players who know as much as I know on one hand. I spend years of testing all the classes, skills, ingame systems, maps, pvp, rpk etc etc etc. Do you really think a new GM is gonna know how things work around here and which info to use that's being thrown at them? I'm pretty sure they don't.

Now I've had collaboration with the GMs and a few players in the past but that did not work out, GMs simply don't understand the things that are explained to them. For example when trying to explain how the layered system of damage reducing effects work, you guys just don't get it. Since you do not understand the game mechanics you cannot make appropriate decisions about balance, which items to sell, what stats to give those items, how to release skill balance updates and so on.

If you really want to make a change you should have a group of different veteran players that advices to your whole GM team. You should orginise it in such a way that those players can:
    1. Easily talk to GM's (like facebook live help) Some form of direct communication to ask questions
    2. All have a uniform format in which they can deliver their report(s) so it's easy to process for your team
    3. Have clear Assignments, handed out by your team, with a clear research question
    4. Have all people work on a question simultaniously so they can discuss amonst eachother and speak with one voice
    5. Pay those people a monthly fee in RPs for their effort (I'm not doing sh1t for free since in the past you guys literally sh1t on my free advice, which I spent a lot of time on writing)
    6. Let the group of people in on what you decide and WHY it was decided, create a feedback loop that works both ways (GM to player and player to GM)

Probably highly unlikely something like this would be introduced, worth to mention it though.

Bringing another GM to this forum that has to start from scratch and learn everything, is not gonna do anything. It's just a waste of $ that could otherwise be used to program more content or create new/more events.
    Last edited by shannon11; 09-04-2018 at 06:07 AM.
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon11 View Post
    I'm not trying to defame you or any other gm nor spread rumors. Not everyone who was banned was specifically banned for extorting/blackmailing players. I know for a fact GMs (like Mikaa) have sent tickets back to players with to tell them they would/could get banned for pking too much, same goes for your statement about ''pk abuse''.

If you do not want players to attack you like this on the forums, you should make a clear statement, you keep things vague instead so you can come back on your word later, this pisses me off because I feel I'm not being taken seriously thus I respond accordingly.

If you truely ONLY get banned if you extort players by pking them for money/items, I have no problem with that. But don't take the spam venging of people out on the players, it's a faulty design and as long as it exists, the focus should be at fixing the design error, not the players using it (pretty much using it as it's intended).

You know the whole problem lies with having a new GM every time. I've been playing for 10 years and I know more about this game than any GM in your team, game mechanics wise you can probably count the players who know as much as I know on one hand. I spend years of testing all the classes, skills, ingame systems, maps, pvp, rpk etc etc etc. Do you really think a new GM is gonna know how things work around here and which info to use that's being thrown at them? I'm pretty sure they don't.

Now I've had collaboration with the GMs and a few players in the past but that did not work out, GMs simply don't understand the things that are explained to them. For example when trying to explain how the layered system of damage reducing effects work, you guys just don't get it. Since you do not understand the game mechanics you cannot make appropriate decisions about balance, which items to sell, what stats to give those items, how to release skill balance updates and so on.

If you really want to make a change you should have a group of different veteran players that advices to your whole GM team. You should orginise it in such a way that those players can:
    1. Easily talk to GM's (like facebook live help) Some form of direct communication to ask questions
    2. All have a uniform format in which they can deliver their report(s) so it's easy to process for your team
    3. Have clear Assignments, handed out by your team, with a clear research question
    4. Have all people work on a question simultaniously so they can discuss amonst eachother and speak with one voice
    5. Pay those people a monthly fee in RPs for their effort (I'm not doing sh1t for free since in the past you guys literally sh1t on my free advice, which I spent a lot of time on writing)
    6. Let the group of people in on what you decide and WHY it was decided, create a feedback loop that works both ways (GM to player and player to GM)

Probably highly unlikely something like this would be introduced, worth to mention it though.

Bringing another GM to this forum that has to start from scratch and learn everything, is not gonna do anything. It's just a waste of $ that could otherwise be used to program more content or create new/more events.
    Myself and a few others tried the whole collaborative thing. We put together a "think tank" (no kidding - we had a skype group called that) where we would work with one of the GMs to introduce ideas and pass on things that needed to be addressed. That didn't get far because the GM left (was fired or whatever) and nobody from PlayWithi cared enough to step up & fill the gap, or the rest of the staff simply didn't have any idea this was going on. The "think tank" stopped bothering to think because we saw exactly where our input went - into a big black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Myself and a few others tried the whole collaborative thing. We put together a "think tank" (no kidding - we had a skype group called that) where we would work with one of the GMs to introduce ideas and pass on things that needed to be addressed. That didn't get far because the GM left (was fired or whatever) and nobody from PlayWithi cared enough to step up & fill the gap, or the rest of the staff simply didn't have any idea this was going on. The "think tank" stopped bothering to think because we saw exactly where our input went - into a big black hole.
    I know, I was the one who organised it and named it lol. snipers334 is my other forum account, just switched to this one coz it's saved in my cookies.

The problem back then was that we did not have enough people participating (from both sides), we did not get clear info from the GMs (no feedbackloop) we did not get clear questions from the GM team and we did not have any way to contact Karazy beside fkn tickets or forum messages.

Also being in touch with 1 GM is stupid, should report to the whole team and get feedback on what they discuss.

A taste of the divine

The GMs report according to the information they have, and are always open to answer any questions from the players. Some interpret the tickets wrongly, the correct thing would be to ask the GM more details if he did not understand what he meant.
    Regarding the other point, it is something we already do. Currently we have 5 veterans collaborating with us. They do not receive any kind of payment, although what they do want is to see a change in Rohan. If you are interested, let me know.

They still did not give me a clear opinion about the world bosses but I suppose they should have an opinion similar to yours. One of them is very interested in changing the system of vengeance, another is helping to track items that could be duped or illegal and other helps a lot with Power Arena and gives us interesting details about it. They have work and responsibilities but always use some of their time to talk to us. We are very grateful.

They themselves wanted to help, we did not make any kind of recruitment.

The GMs report according to the information they have, and are always open to answer any questions from the players. Some interpret the tickets wrongly, the correct thing would be to ask the GM more details if he did not understand what he meant.
    Regarding the other point, it is something we already do. Currently we have 5 veterans collaborating with us. They do not receive any kind of payment, although what they do want is to see a change in Rohan. If you are interested, let me know.

They still did not give me a clear opinion about the world bosses but I suppose they should have an opinion similar to yours. One of them is very interested in changing the system of vengeance, another is helping to track items that could be duped or illegal and other helps a lot with Power Arena and gives us interesting details about it. They have work and responsibilities but always use some of their time to talk to us. We are very grateful.

I am interested in who these "veterans" are and more importantly why these discussions are hidden. When I give feedback or suggest a change its public everybody here can read it and critique it which then leads to it being revised. For all I know these "collaborators" are a bunch of self-interested people who try to play you like a fiddle. Based on your description I already have a hunch on who one of them is and id like you to know that person is greedy and a control freak. Good luck getting something that is fair out of that person 100% truth. Id also love to know how you have someone investigating illegal items but a certain somebody has a glacial shield with invalid stats that did not come from an irohan or phrohan event. But yeah committee is unbiased im sure.

These are the kinds of underhanded garbage that made me quit the game the first time and looks like its still going on.

There should be no committee it should just be on the forums here for the masses to read, comment and critique. Thats the only way you will get the truth, thats the only way you will know that the kinks have been ironed out.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

If you mean you currently have people sending in information via the ticket system. I would stop this since most players are only intrested in upgrading things in favour of their own classes, characters, items and what not. What I want is the collaboration of multiple veteran players with knowledge of this game that discuss things together, helping out with active questions the GM team has.

I'm pretty sure one of your players giving out information is Hector, specially about the Power Arena. I can tell you now that he just want to make it better for HIM and not for the whole community. Also he doesn't understand the game mechanics. Power arena used to be okay, currently it's so bad I refrain from playing just like 80% of the players and just stand semi afk till you get rewards. The reason for this is the way it's designed.

I wrote whole reports for your GM team in the past, some of the stuff was implemented but most was ignored I've also never gotten feedback. I've got plenty of things to do irl and I don't plan on spending so much time writing/explaining if it doesn't bear fruit. I'm intrested in helping out but only if there is a reward for doing so, so either way if you do something with my info or you don't at least I get something out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    I am interested in who these "veterans" are and more importantly why these discussions are hidden. When I give feedback or suggest a change its public everybody here can read it and critique it which then leads to it being revised. For all I know these "collaborators" are a bunch of self-interested people who try to play you like a fiddle. Based on your description I already have a hunch on who one of them is and id like you to know that person is greedy and a control freak. Good luck getting something that is fair out of that person 100% truth. Id also love to know how you have someone investigating illegal items but a certain somebody has a glacial shield with invalid stats that did not come from an irohan or phrohan event. But yeah committee is unbiased im sure.

These are the kinds of underhanded garbage that made me quit the game the first time and looks like its still going on.

There should be no committee it should just be on the forums here for the masses to read, comment and critique. Thats the only way you will get the truth, thats the only way you will know that the kinks have been ironed out.
    The problem with the forums is that everyone can say whatever they want, spread out over topics. GM's simply don't know enough about this game to select the good from the bad. It would be so much better to have a selection of players who know pretty much everything there is to know about rohan and have those help out with active problems/issues the GMs have.

A taste of the divine

If you mean you currently have people sending in information via the ticket system. I would stop this since most players are only intrested in upgrading things in favour of their own classes, characters, items and what not. What I want is the collaboration of multiple veteran players with knowledge of this game that discuss things together, helping out with active questions the GM team has.

I'm pretty sure one of your players giving out information is Hector, specially about the Power Arena. I can tell you now that he just want to make it better for HIM and not for the whole community. Also he doesn't understand the game mechanics. Power arena used to be okay, currently it's so bad I refrain from playing just like 80% of the players and just stand semi afk till you get rewards. The reason for this is the way it's designed.

I wrote whole reports for your GM team in the past, some of the stuff was implemented but most was ignored I've also never gotten feedback. I've got plenty of things to do irl and I don't plan on spending so much time writing/explaining if it doesn't bear fruit. I'm intrested in helping out but only if there is a reward for doing so, so either way if you do something with my info or you don't at least I get something out of it.

The problem with the forums is that everyone can say whatever they want, spread out over topics. GM's simply don't know enough about this game to select the good from the bad. It would be so much better to have a selection of players who know pretty much everything there is to know about rohan and have those help out with active problems/issues the GMs have.
    Set some objective persons (like this old man or karren for example) to forum mod position and let them delete all the derailed posts. Id nominate myself but I know some people would say thats bias.

Set some objective persons (like this old man or karren for example) to forum mod position and let them delete all the derailed posts. Id nominate myself but I know some people would say thats bias.
    I'll do it and delete all the posts from this forum. I'm kiding I'm not gonna do that, I can't stop myself from abusing that power and trolling people lol. I'm good at solving problems, not dealing with r3tards on this forum spamming sh1t.

Could work to make a veteran player a forum mod but meh, it'd still be one GM checking up on what's said here, who has to compile his own report without a full understanding of how the game works.

I like my suggestion better since the outcome is 1 report which goes directly to the GM team to discuss in their meeting without any middle man to interpret everything in the wrong way....

A taste of the divine

I like the idea of 1 report but the discussion and fact finding behind that report should be public.

Ok, again you start saying things without foundation. Nobody controls anything here, only feedbacks and suggestions. In the case of the ilegal items they only inform me about suspicious people, the research is done with our game tools. Everything is obviously investigated, no player has the power to accuse and harm someone directly.

But try to overcome the past, those times will not come back. There will be no GMs acting suspiciously or anything, while I stay here will defend the players. I would never give an advantage to anyone. And if any of those who contact me try, It would be a disappointment to me and I simply would not give him the opportunity to contact me again.

I hope that helps you understand. But if you want to continue arguing about things that you assume, I can not do anything.