+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctwattybollox View Post
    Glad I'm not playing atm!

Once someone annoys/kills you in game the whole point is to make their lives a misery! I've done it a **** ton of times to people and its been done back to me also!

I became Shannon11s KOS a while back, after I had repeatedly killed his characters. He killed me every time while I was afk grinding lol. Did I give a ****? absolutely not. Did he give a ****? Well, enough to KOS me, but other than that, probably not. Its a part of the game. Its why they have a character name change option. If you fk up and end up annoying the wrong person, its usually your fault. The redemption is that you can change your name and start fresh if you need to.

Bitching to the GM's about it is just weak asf and anyone doing it should just be plain embarrassed.
    I've vented myself on asshats that come along and kill my lowbies in places like Akhma as well. I'd just jump on a main and keep dirt-napping the prick until I feel better. They aleays say they will get their main and make me worry... Of course if he actually has one to bring into the fray, then it really gets fun.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 08-25-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    I've vented myself on asshats that come along and kill my lowbies in places like Akhma as well. I'd just jump on a main and keep dirt-napping the prick until I feel better. They aleays say they will get their main and make me worry... Of course if he actually has one to bring into the fray, then it really gets fun.
    Yeah lol at this point in the games evolution, its pretty much the most fun one can have!
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Ok, I just have to put my 2 cents worth in here...

The situation can never happen if you guys have a properly working vengeance system. If the vengeance system were working properly and set up to work fairly for everyone, that level of abuse would not be possible. As it stands today, it is a flaw in the game and people can abuse it. There are 2 ways PWYNKi can deal with this:
    1. Now correct me if I am wrong here, YNK/PlayWith Interactive has had in the past a policy of punishing those players that abuse known flaws with Temporary and permanent bans for habitual offenders. Why is that not being put into action here? Players are abusing a limitation of your vengeance system to extort and cause players to stop playing your game. Ban people abusing the vengeance system.
    2. Fix the damned vengeance system! All you have to to is modify the processor for that skill to simply not able to invoke MR more than once in a set number of hours (8? 12? 24?). It is not that difficult to pop in a cooldown of x number of hours.
    Biggest issue with the vengeance system is that you only lose the hitlist entry when you establish pvp/honor relations with that person. You can farm venges with some noob alt then proceed to venge endlessly and as long as you quit party you will never lose the venge.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Ok, I just have to put my 2 cents worth in here...

The situation can never happen if you guys have a properly working vengeance system. If the vengeance system were working properly and set up to work fairly for everyone, that level of abuse would not be possible. As it stands today, it is a flaw in the game and people can abuse it. There are 2 ways PWYNKi can deal with this:
    1. Now correct me if I am wrong here, YNK/PlayWith Interactive has had in the past a policy of punishing those players that abuse known flaws with Temporary and permanent bans for habitual offenders. Why is that not being put into action here? Players are abusing a limitation of your vengeance system to extort and cause players to stop playing your game. Ban people abusing the vengeance system.
    2. Fix the damned vengeance system! All you have to to is modify the processor for that skill to simply not able to invoke MR more than once in a set number of hours (8? 12? 24?). It is not that difficult to pop in a cooldown of x number of hours.
    No offense PJ but both solutions are horrible. Banning people for pking is absolutely r3tarded since being able to make someone's life miserable by KOS is the main thing people do and the main reason why people spend money (to get better than the person that KOS them) take out that element of competition and you'll lose players.

Putting a cooldown on MR is even worse, if this happens I will sell everything I have and leave this game for good, the day they patch it. I have seen this on Origin, it's one of the main reason that server was a total disaster. I'm not gonna wait and see the same thing happen to Jainus

The solution is much more simple than most people imagine:

1. increase the cost of accumulating venges by A LOT of crone.
    example:
    venge 1: 500k
    venge 2: 2kk
    venge 3: 5kk
    venge 4: 10kk
    venge 5: 20kk
    ….
    venge 10: 100kk (after which every recharge is 100kk)

You could venge somoene about 10x after which every venge costs you 100 mill, I can ensure you that even with the current crone economy, people will run out of crone real fast.

Beside stopping spam venge, it also creates the opportunity for the GMs to release more crone into the server by temporary events and such since you cap the amount of inflation by creating more crone sinks.

2. Simly changing the way the venge system works. Currently it doesn't matter if you are white (normal) pink (pvp'ing) or red (murder/assassin) mode. If someone kills you you can ALWAYS venge them. By simply only giving the opportunity to venge at someone who is A. Pink or B. Red/Assassin status you prevent people taking venges on HK, white named/PVE'rs and thus prevent people from being able to spam venge on those.

You could also combine solution 1 & 2 for maximum effect + extra crone sink.

PS: If the cost of venges is increased one should release ''Matching Warp Rings'' for crones in the general store npc, so that people can easily team up and get back at spots (currently people use venges for this as well)
    Last edited by shannon11; 08-25-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

I dont support upping the cost of venges I would much rather support the removal of vengeance recharge. You get a kill you get to venge once and it goes away regardless if you killed that person or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    I dont support upping the cost of venges I would much rather support the removal of vengeance recharge. You get a kill you get to venge once and it goes away regardless if you killed that person or not.
    That kind of beats the whole purpose of venging tho, the point is you can venge till you kill someone. If you can just venge once you might get mobbed/AOE down before you can do something and then it's gone. Why don't you like to use it as crone sink? people will stop venging pretty fast once it costs 100m a try.

A taste of the divine

Quote Originally Posted by shannon11 View Post
    That kind of beats the whole purpose of venging tho, the point is you can venge till you kill someone. If you can just venge once you might get mobbed/AOE down before you can do something and then it's gone. Why don't you like to use it as crone sink? people will stop venging pretty fast once it costs 100m a try.
    So? venge is a party thing so you got the venge you build your posse and you go for it! who knows in the process of venging in some of your friends might die and now you got even more venges but that venge farming wizz with reraise lvl 7 is out for now.

When someone is using a alt to collect venge on you and constantly venging it's exploiting an already crappy vengeance system. It's also harassment. 1, You are not cool PKing hunter kits. 2, You are not good at this game where you 1 click on people AFK. I understand their is many low self-esteem mouth breathing basement dwellers that need this game to make themselves feel like their life has value. BUT again, you ARE NOT COOL. I've sent tickets for harassment gotten already 1 player 3 day banned and just sent in another for someone killing my party literally 9x in 10 minute period. These mouth breathers that just want to PK 24/7 and ruin peoples gameplay need to go, PERIOD. It's literally disgusting and pathetic how some of these people need to feel superior in a small mmo by harassing people to keep themselves from not ending it all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon11 View Post
    No offense PJ but both solutions are horrible. Banning people for pking is absolutely r3tarded since being able to make someone's life miserable by KOS is the main thing people do and the main reason why people spend money (to get better than the person that KOS them) take out that element of competition and you'll lose players.

Putting a cooldown on MR is even worse, if this happens I will sell everything I have and leave this game for good, the day they patch it. I have seen this on Origin, it's one of the main reason that server was a total disaster. I'm not gonna wait and see the same thing happen to Jainus

The solution is much more simple than most people imagine:

1. increase the cost of accumulating venges by A LOT of crone.
    example:
    venge 1: 500k
    venge 2: 2kk
    venge 3: 5kk
    venge 4: 10kk
    venge 5: 20kk
    ….
    venge 10: 100kk (after which every recharge is 100kk)

You could venge somoene about 10x after which every venge costs you 100 mill, I can ensure you that even with the current crone economy, people will run out of crone real fast.

Beside stopping spam venge, it also creates the opportunity for the GMs to release more crone into the server by temporary events and such since you cap the amount of inflation by creating more crone sinks.

2. Simly changing the way the venge system works. Currently it doesn't matter if you are white (normal) pink (pvp'ing) or red (murder/assassin) mode. If someone kills you you can ALWAYS venge them. By simply only giving the opportunity to venge at someone who is A. Pink or B. Red/Assassin status you prevent people taking venges on HK, white named/PVE'rs and thus prevent people from being able to spam venge on those.

You could also combine solution 1 & 2 for maximum effect + extra crone sink.

PS: If the cost of venges is increased one should release ''Matching Warp Rings'' for crones in the general store npc, so that people can easily team up and get back at spots (currently people use venges for this as well)
    I'm kinda curious why you see a problem with a cooldown on MR. It is not like Origin when MR was available only during events (a really stupid way to handle it!). Putting a cooldown stops those that make themselves GMs from spamming MR to go on killing sprees with no consequences. Yes, making venge recharges (why the frig to those exist anyway??!!) expensive helps. Why not just simply get rid of them altogether?

Thing is you can pop MR and get around all that for the whole guild. If you are killed by someone on MR, you don't see them in your hitlist so there is no venge available. But as said the system is broken when people can abuse it. My suggestion is only one out of all the possibilities available to them.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 08-26-2018 at 12:19 PM.

I'm kinda curious why you see a problem with a cooldown on MR. It is not like Origin when MR was available only during events (a really stupid way to handle it!). Putting a cooldown stops those that make themselves GMs from spamming MR to go on killing sprees with no consequences. Yes, making venge recharges (why the frig to those exist anyway??!!) expensive helps. Why not just simply get rid of them altogether?

Thing is you can pop MR and get around all that for the whole guild. If you are killed by someone on MR, you don't see them in your hitlist so there is no venge available. But as said the system is broken when people can abuse it. My suggestion is only one out of all the possibilities available to them.
    If you put a cooldown on MR the little PVP that is left (limestone pvp or at other spots) will stop. 1 guild might have MR on cooldown while the other one just used it, making it impossible to bash eachothers heads in. Same goes for rpking, someone in your guild buffed MR when you were offline, you log in and you cant pvp/rpk for the next few hours because you don't have MR and you can't rebuff it.

The main reason people play is simply to bash other players heads in withouth turning red in the first 3 minutes of your killing spree. Change this and most of the veteran community that plays for PVP (those are the best geared and most $ spending players) will quit since half of the times they log, they can't do sh1t coz MR is on cooldown.

What you will have left is a very small community that only farms AFK on hk, which is probably not enough to sustain the server from generating enough $ to keep running.

Like I said before, I have played for 10 years and I've never quit (took a few breaks inbetween tho but always with the intend to return), not when they killed my beloved fishing maple xbow bug, not when epics came out, not when they released more upgs, server merges and what not, I played through it all. But as soon as Origin decided they wanted to cap the amount of PK/use of MR I quit that server and I will do exactly the same in Jainus, together with A LOT of others if they decide to change MR. I'm not playing this game to sit around and wait till you can pk for 2 hours and then wait again, I play to smack ass whenever I want, whereever I want and as many times a day as I want!
    Last edited by shannon11; 08-26-2018 at 12:31 PM.

A taste of the divine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast