+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rohan Farm Feud (Any GM feel free to read this and comment)

So as far as I understand, there are currently some restrictions on pking players which means if you ''spam pk'' someone it might be a bannable offense.

Now first of all I want to state that the current ''venge system'' has been broken for years. I'm not gonna explain how it works because I have done so a too many times. This needs to be fixed and most issues will be resolved. Since this has been said a Thousand times, in tickets and on the forum I don't assume this will happen or it would have already.

If any GM decides to read this:

On origin you tried to limit the amount of RPK and PVP by reducing the possibles from 10 to 5 and the regeneration time for 1 possible from 1 hour to 2 hours. Beside that you did not release Murder Remission untill the server was at least a few months old and when you did it was only available at limited times.

About 1-2 weeks after the server opened I have sent tickets as well as multiple forums posts regarding these PVP/RPK/MR issues. Obviously I got ignored but I was right all along, after a few months, many players reached endgame lvl. Even though there was enough new content to play with (new items, trans stats etc. etc.) the server lost players rapidly and finally closed down. One of the main reasons being that PVP was simply sh1t which scared people (including me) away.

I predicted this would happen and nobody from the staff listened. Why should you I mean. I've been playing this game for 10 years, I know the game mechanics better than most staff memebers and have a widespread network of veteran players in this community with whom I speak to gain their feedback. I gave concrete solutions, suggestions, backed up with evidence and logical reasoning. Sadly, to no avail.

Now I know you got your department focusing on your revenue models, your microtransactions and all the other boring economics. Beside that you have set out a clear focus what Rohan should stand for, how the community should behave (no toxic players, no racism etc. etc.). You have your weekly meetings and discuss what has to be improved and how past patches influence player growth and what not. Your new events (facebook events for publicity and player recruitment). I could continue this list with lots of other stuff you guys are doing but....

It feels like something's missing though, how about a proper player feedback loop? Nah throwing out a survey maybe once every 6 months with some small reward that attracts all the trisomic idiots to smear their sh1t (pardon my French) out on a google form will get you the information you need to improve this game doesn't it. From your point of view one ''annonymous'' survey is no different from the other, you do not know enough about this game to judge the quality of the information that gets sent to you. Almost all players will only fill in what they directly, on a short time basis require in game for their specific class to be even stronger than they were. This is NOT information that will keep this game running.

I don't only want to be negative, you guys did manage to keep rohan running for this long a time, you released a lot of new content that worked out very well and I'm verry enthousiastic about. But please don't f*ck it all up by restricting PVP in pretty much any way.

The main reason you have a 80% veteran player base with players that play longer than 5 years is because those players ar heavily invested in the game and can compete in PVP, nearly daily and measure their strengths. Literally the only reason this game is still running is due to the open world pvp with barerly any restrictions which no other game I know of has. If you tweak this or put restrictions on it, you will kill the server in a matter of months.

Fix the goddamn venge system and let the players kill whoever they want, where-ever they want, how many times they want. There are enough spots to xp/farm at and if someone wants to spend 24/7 searching for you to kill you, let them be.

Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

This problem is really dumb. Players are starting to report other players for killing them. I am in royals, we kos e2n and syndicate and now they are spamming tickets when we kill them. GMs are banning players who kill people while they farm? what happened to this game. This is a pvp based game. The problem is that GM has not announced anything official declaring an stop to pking people or enemies. Since there is no official notice, there should be no bans or punishments to the players who decide to kill other players. So for all those Syndicates and E2N crying they are getting wiped we will keep wipeing you as long as GMs post an official notice to stop the pking of players while farming. Wether it is hunting or getting venge to you, there is no rules saying that it is illegal to venge to somone and kill them multiple times. If there is a rule or GMs bring it up we will stop till then we will put the "Blood" in Rohan Blood Fued.

For What I See U Are Super Noob U Said U play Since 10 Years I Play This Game Since 2008 When Was Only Open Beta Here The Only Run Is Money If U Have it U Have It All GM`S Dont Care About Us They Do What They Want They Just Care About The Money We Spend MR Is Bug Since I Play This Game And I Send A Lot Of Tickets And Is Dont Fix Yet So Dont Waiste Ur Time They Dont Listen Member Since 2008 Open Beta Torian Server RetardMafia For Life

Quote Originally Posted by Tylenol4U View Post
    Retard
    nuff said, ty bye

A taste of the divine

Quote Originally Posted by idziebabadolekar View Post
    This problem is really dumb. Players are starting to report other players for killing them. I am in royals, we kos e2n and syndicate and now they are spamming tickets when we kill them. GMs are banning players who kill people while they farm? what happened to this game. This is a pvp based game. The problem is that GM has not announced anything official declaring an stop to pking people or enemies. Since there is no official notice, there should be no bans or punishments to the players who decide to kill other players. So for all those Syndicates and E2N crying they are getting wiped we will keep wipeing you as long as GMs post an official notice to stop the pking of players while farming. Wether it is hunting or getting venge to you, there is no rules saying that it is illegal to venge to somone and kill them multiple times. If there is a rule or GMs bring it up we will stop till then we will put the "Blood" in Rohan Blood Fued.
    There is a TOS which you agreed with when you created your account that states you can't bully players nor ''destroy/misuse/exploit/harm'' PWI property. These rules are open to interpretation as the GMs see fit (exactly why they made em vague like this, I'd have done the same).

Even if they announce something official regarding PVP rules, it will f*ck up the game since PVP is the main thing that keeps this rig running. The only thing they have to do is fix the venge system so that you can only register a venge at another player if that person is either murderer/assassination mode or purple named. This way you prevent people from taking venges on hunterkits or pve players. Beside this the cost for venging players could go up with every try, up to a 100 million crones (which is a nice crone sink, which allows for more events that release crones, which is healthy for the ingame crone economy bla bla bla).
    Last edited by shannon11; 08-19-2018 at 03:00 PM.

A taste of the divine

Quote Originally Posted by Tylenol4U View Post
    For What I See U Are Super Noob U Said U play Since 10 Years I Play This Game Since 2008 When Was Only Open Beta Here The Only Run Is Money If U Have it U Have It All GM`S Dont Care About Us They Do What They Want They Just Care About The Money We Spend MR Is Bug Since I Play This Game And I Send A Lot Of Tickets And Is Dont Fix Yet So Dont Waiste Ur Time They Dont Listen Member Since 2008 Open Beta Torian Server RetardMafia For Life
    RetardMafia L U L so you played with dante and vaseliko and ****? then you allied with viet botter guild sweet kkkkkkkkkkk you coulda at least tried to lie and say you are from Obsession and scored some internet points :P

Also I want to commend you for capitalizing the first letter of every word that takes some effort!

@Original post:

I agree wholeheartedly with OP, vengance system has been bugged since the 110 patch.

Here are some fixes:

1: Remove the ability to recharge venges
    2: Vengance has one charge that goes away once casted (regardless of kill or not)

Here is a new idea:

Mirror Dungeon: 1 hour Murder Remission buff for every 10000 mkills
    Other Areas: 30 minute Murder Remission buff for every 10000 mkills

Also I will say there is also some systematic issues that are wrong with the game now.

For starters there is a lack of unique guilds in the game. This crumbled under the old boss drop system which saw the formation of what I will call "Superguilds" back when we used to have 6+ parties for ruler or 4 parties with a bunch of solo heroes running around. In krohan and jrohan there were tons of smaller guilds because while rulers were good it wasnt as good as the twin sister aura and the people wanted their piece of the pie especially when it came to TSB.

In todays rohan we have the remnants of the "superguild" system but with almost total independence. Dont need rulers you just need to buy 4 flame diamonds for 300 rps each and enhance away until you got them chakras. Dont need to contest the high tier farm spots because we have upg weapons, trans opaniel weapons and opaniel armor.

If we ever want to fix this game we need to start by cutting guild sizes down and I mean that in a mental way. You cant just have smaller guilds but all be playing the same side, you need to be equally as hungry to take those TSB crones away from your enemies as you are from your former friends. You need to be equally as hungry to kill your old friends in the flame god dungeon as you would do your enemies.

Here is my overall suggestion:

1: Township battle allowed entrants: 10
    2: Champions Uniform stats updated: 150 all stats 500 attack 10000 HP
    3: Township battle winning guild receives 10x badge of victory for a win, all participants earn 25x power badges
    4: Top 3 killers in winning guild receive 150m crones and 25x extra power badges

Minor Township Battle Re-Introduced:
    1: Winning guild receives: Champions Crown, 50x power badges, all participants earn 1 badge of victory
    2: Champions Crown Stats: 100 all stats 100 attack 5000 HP
    3: Top 3 killers in winning guild receive 25m crones and 25x power badges
    4: Township battle winner cannot participate in Minor Township Battle
    5: Minor Township battle winner cannot participate in Minor Township Battle for the rest of the week

Notice a recurring theme here: Nothing is tradeable except crones.

I will probably be making an extended version of this suggestion with some other things.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 08-19-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

shanon11 totally agree with you, but PVP system need to be changed and fast-

1. point
    All the pvp system need to be change , I play this game for so long to, back then on begin you only would get venge by other player if you killed a player while your were purple without MR. (that is what makes more sense since ever)

2.point
    When you say that players have a lote of maps to farm…. that is total wrong, best drops, best prices not every map drops! Also when you get random venge just cause you are in Party and someone comes in purple and get direct venge on you and you didn't kill him on porpuse, that is not pvp! that is not correct!. when you see players creating "secundary chars" just to farm cause they have problems with their main character against other players that not "smart" I call that stupidity! and why that happen? cause it's so easy for you to bully others cause u just need to go around get venge and then BHAM! 24h/7 venge.
    Back on the day . you would waste time searching fot the players and then you would killed them, that was the utility of the rangers in first place back then! (now non-sense)

3.point
    if you have ppl sending tickets cause of that it's total fair, for instance I'm new on game, I mess with someone big on game, he comes to me while I'm on HUNTER KIT he get venges on me and then he pass 24/7 venging me, what I supose to do in your opinion? I only see 3.Options
    1option, you bag for him to stop (non sense) 2option, you make another character (non sense), 3 option, you get disapoint you get desmotivated and then you quit the game (non sense) "well it's always a 4 option , you sell everything u have in your life and you spent in OP gear on rohan (pathetic)"

4.Point
    Totaly agree on the part that no one should get banned cause of that , cause the players only keeping up the system like it is now.

almost totally agree with all rest.
    Last edited by 4nick8er; 08-20-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    RetardMafia L U L so you played with dante and vaseliko and ****? then you allied with viet botter guild sweet kkkkkkkkkkk you coulda at least tried to lie and say you are from Obsession and scored some internet points :P

Also I want to commend you for capitalizing the first letter of every word that takes some effort!

@Original post:

I agree wholeheartedly with OP, vengance system has been bugged since the 110 patch.

Here are some fixes:

1: Remove the ability to recharge venges
    2: Vengance has one charge that goes away once casted (regardless of kill or not)

Here is a new idea:

Mirror Dungeon: 1 hour Murder Remission buff for every 10000 mkills
    Other Areas: 30 minute Murder Remission buff for every 10000 mkills

Also I will say there is also some systematic issues that are wrong with the game now.

For starters there is a lack of unique guilds in the game. This crumbled under the old boss drop system which saw the formation of what I will call "Superguilds" back when we used to have 6+ parties for ruler or 4 parties with a bunch of solo heroes running around. In krohan and jrohan there were tons of smaller guilds because while rulers were good it wasnt as good as the twin sister aura and the people wanted their piece of the pie especially when it came to TSB.

In todays rohan we have the remnants of the "superguild" system but with almost total independence. Dont need rulers you just need to buy 4 flame diamonds for 300 rps each and enhance away until you got them chakras. Dont need to contest the high tier farm spots because we have upg weapons, trans opaniel weapons and opaniel armor.

If we ever want to fix this game we need to start by cutting guild sizes down and I mean that in a mental way. You cant just have smaller guilds but all be playing the same side, you need to be equally as hungry to take those TSB crones away from your enemies as you are from your former friends. You need to be equally as hungry to kill your old friends in the flame god dungeon as you would do your enemies.

Here is my overall suggestion:

1: Township battle allowed entrants: 10
    2: Champions Uniform stats updated: 150 all stats 500 attack 10000 HP
    3: Township battle winning guild receives 10x badge of victory for a win, all participants earn 25x power badges
    4: Top 3 killers in winning guild receive 150m crones and 25x extra power badges

Minor Township Battle Re-Introduced:
    1: Winning guild receives: Champions Crown, 50x power badges, all participants earn 1 badge of victory
    2: Champions Crown Stats: 100 all stats 100 attack 5000 HP
    3: Top 3 killers in winning guild receive 25m crones and 25x power badges
    4: Township battle winner cannot participate in Minor Township Battle
    5: Minor Township battle winner cannot participate in Minor Township Battle for the rest of the week

Notice a recurring theme here: Nothing is tradeable except crones.

I will probably be making an extended version of this suggestion with some other things.
    They are not currently trying to do anything about MR (for god sake don't touch MR) but rather ban people if they kill someone multiple times a day or if you spam venges (how many times a day or how many venges is up to the gms). This was my reason to write my posts.

Getting people to create smaller guilds is gonna be hard, like in general changing the mindset of people is nearly impossible unless you can dangle a direct reward in front of them to make them change it.

Getting more competative PVP wise is always good, currently most of the pvp is RPK and sometimes some guild war vs the 2-4 main guilds in the server but beside that life's kind of dull. Now this also has to do with the fact that so much new content got released so everyone's still farming their way up to chakras, opaniels items, guarders and what not. But in the future we need more things that require competative PVP to obtain.

A taste of the divine

Quote Originally Posted by 4nick8er View Post
    shanon11 totally agree with you, but PVP system need to be changed and fast-

1. point
    All the pvp system need to be change , I play this game for so long to, back then on begin you only would get venge by other player if you killed a player while your were purple without MR. (that is what makes more sense since ever)

2.point
    When you say that players have a lote of maps to farm…. that is total wrong, best drops, best prices not every map drops! Also when you get random venge just cause you are in Party and someone comes in purple and get direct venge on you and you didn't kill him on porpuse, that is not pvp! that is not correct!. when you see players creating "secundary chars" just to farm cause they have problems with their main character against other players that not "smart" I call that stupidity! and why that happen? cause it's so easy for you to bully others cause u just need to go around get venge and then BHAM! 24h/7 venge.
    Back on the day . you would waste time searching fot the players and then you would killed them, that was the utility of the rangers in first place back then! (now non-sense)

3.point
    if you have ppl sending tickets cause of that it's total fair, for instance I'm new on game, I mess with someone big on game, he comes to me while I'm on HUNTER KIT he get venges on me and then he pass 24/7 venging me, what I supose to do in your opinion? I only see 3.Options
    1option, you bag for him to stop (non sense) 2option, you make another character (non sense), 3 option, you get disapoint you get desmotivated and then you quit the game (non sense) "well it's always a 4 option , you sell everything u have in your life and you spent in OP gear on rohan (pathetic)"

4.Point
    Totaly agree on the part that no one should get banned cause of that , cause the players only keeping up the system like it is now.

almost totally agree with all rest.
    I think your point 1 and point 2 are pretty much the same thing and like I said, I do think they need to change this. It's stupid you can attack someone, become purple named and then that person (you attacked) kills you from AOE on HK after which you can venge them non stop for 2 weeks. This can never be the point of ''venging''

As for point 3. If people currently get venge on you, there is nothing you can do, you can only go to maps or dungeons where you can't get venged (inter, ashkeena, blazing temple) or you can prevent getting venges on you by grinding with MR 24/7. Both options are kinda stupid and aren't real solutions to the problem but rather bandaids to mend it.

What I meant with ''there are enough maps to xp at'' is when they'd actually FIX the system, there is enough space for everyone to play and xp/farm. You could move around and make people search for you 24/7. Like you said, this was the job of rangers. Currently this doesn't go because of the venge system.

A taste of the divine

Totally agree, also for not counting the time needed to be in front of PC just to re-put Parties on maps to get venge again 2 min after, just cause you have 5-6 kids that doesn't have life beside Rohan,

Even the time u need to spent to do something on game it's totally unfair for those who only have 2-3 hours time per day to play sometimes not even that it's basicly 24/7 safe zone!
    They really need to change this issues from pvp, cause ban players just cause they are going with the system and venge 24/7 it's totally unfair thou,
    Last edited by 4nick8er; 08-20-2018 at 06:18 AM.