+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Power Arena

I mean you could just make it 2 CV on saturday and 2 on sunday thats 4 in total, on the subject of being full random I think that is important. Its too easy to rig the system if it was random which would definetly make it not fun. This is not like the event server where in every clashing valley event I tried to screw everyone over by filling up the team slots where my guild was going, this is an event on the real server.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by Reapmaster View Post
    Personally, I don't want it extended as I know the GMs won't start applying fixes to PA until the season has ended... and I want this sh1tty PA season over so that we can start anew and have this all fixed.

In my opinion, this is how we fix PA:

1. Revert the P.DEF/defense of mobs to pre-first PA season where other types of characters (aside from Dhans and magic types) are able to get points. With the start of the first season, we took one step forward by strengthening PA patrol, but took two steps back by making the ability to kill mobs completely unfavorable for non-crit builds. Dhans still kill as fast as they used to pre-first PA season, most other classes kill mobs 3x as slow. In terms of who gets points during PA, the update to the mobs/bosses have made PA so unfair (compared to before) in such that now, 9 times out of 10, it is either a Predator or a Noir/Rumir (via spawn kills) that gets first place.

2. Increase the amount of safezone patrol (from 3 to 5), make them invincible, and double their damage. They'll still be able to be stunned/binded/etc, but not killed. Controlling them will take a much more increased effort. The only way to stop them is by disabling them (temporarily). This will keep the battle in the middle area and limit safezone spawn kills.

3. While we're addressing spawn kills, I guess it wouldn't be fair to take an hour to be able to steal all the possible buffs in-game right before PA. People ported into PA should be completely debuffed (except scrolls, of course).

4. Perhaps find a way so that it isn't only DPS characters that gain 1st place. What about OP priests, supports, and other characters that support damage dealers? Do they not deserve any wins, especially when a side won specifically because the supports were able to effectively disable the other side?

5. Right now PA is split into 2 batches of 4 each. Make it 4 batches of 2 each. This spreads out players into four 6hr intervals (instead of two 12hr intervals), and promotes coming back into the game at multiple times (i.e. if three losses is one win, and you've lost twice during one batch, you need to come back in another batch to participate). This spreads out players more around the clock, and (theoretically) reduces the amount of lag every PA. It also makes PA more accessible from more places around the world.

6. Make it so that the action of winning a PA is tied to pressing the "confirm" button to receive prizes, instead of the win automatically being applied when the timer runs to 0. So many times have I and friends disconnected/game crashed right before the win, but the win was applied (I'm guessing my client got disconnected BEFORE the timer ran to 0, but the server registered the disconnect as AFTER the timer ran out). If I dc'd before PA ended - even from the winning side - fine. I'd be cool with the win not counting and being able to play again. I would NOT be cool with the win registering, but since I wasn't able to press on confirm (due to dc), I didn't get any prizes.

While I'm here, here are a few other things:

- Boost the TSB prizes please, make the champion uniform at least be worth getting. What's the point when I can just get a socketed costume from IM and that'll be better?
    - Bring back clashing valley.
    I think the only problems in PA are the mobs in the middle with very high in physical def and low in magic def, that's why critical damage can kill them because it bypasses no matter how high the pdef is, and magic damage can kill them easily too. In my suggestion lower the physical def equal to magic def and increase the HP 3-5 times the mobs in the middle and increase also the HP of the boss 2-3 times. And you mentioned safezone but actually there is no safezone inside the PA because you can be killed whatever your location is. Maybe we can suggest in next season that the starting base and respawn area will become safezone but put some condition that once the battle begin you can't stay there in more than 30 secs or else you will be kicked in PA. Another problem is PA time and I agree in your suggestion that make it 4 batches of PA per 24 hrs. Maybe these suggestions will resolve all the problems in terms of different time zone of PPL and damage of every class inside the PA.
    Last edited by dayday31416; 08-09-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayday31416 View Post
    I think the only problems in PA are the mobs in the middle with very high in physical def and low in magic def, that's why critical damage can kill them because it bypasses no matter how high the pdef is, and magic damage can kill them easily too. In my suggestion lower the physical def equal to magic def and increase the HP 3-5 times the mobs in the middle and increase also the HP of the boss 2-3 times. And you mentioned safezone but actually there is no safezone inside the PA because you can be killed whatever your location is. Maybe we can suggest in next season that the starting base and respawn area will become safezone but put some condition that once the battle begin you can't stay there in more than 30 secs or else you will be kicked in PA. Another problem is PA time and I agree in your suggestion that make it 4 batches of PA per 24 hrs. Maybe these suggestions will resolve all the problems in terms of different time zone of PPL and damage of every class inside the PA.
    When I say safezone I actually just mean the respawn area, make it larger so if a rumir or a noir tries to attack afkers in safezone they get hit with the debuff instantly. A scout might still be able to reach but at least the scout doesnt have reflect/status effect immunity whatever.

Im double posting but heres a picture of last night's last round PA. It was such a ghost town that even KD coulda got 1st place.