+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power Arena

Power Arena

I think that this Season 2 Power Arena should be extended until the first week of October a lot of players could not attend it because of summer time what do you guys think? Many players missed PA because of the hours schedules etc.
    Vouch to Extend PA for at least 3 weeks after it ends on 11th of September.

Hopefully this time GM's will do something about it !

although I don't have max or even close I don't want to expand this misery, still be the difference between those with big badges and others who have not been able to play.
    Not summer is the problem at PA it's the wrong time that for some have dissolved their right to play, the time that favors only those who spend all the time in front of PC.
    Undecided by the changes that have taken place lately.

I mean I dont see anything wrong with the PA time going for a few weeks more but at the same time I think its better to just bounce back in the next season with perfect attendance.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

extended? What we do with all this players who work and sleep when PA running?

yes, what about the players from EU!!! no one give a **** for them!!! that's the reality and the only reality! most of us doesn't compete for the main event of the game "TSB" cause it's at 3AM - 6 AM! EU TIME.
    ALL EU doesn't comepte for bosses after maintenece cause it ends between 4-6 AM EU TIME!
    ALL EU PLAYERS ON THIS GAME loose to much cause of the scheduales of this game. AND COUNT EU PLAYERS ARE AT LEAST 20%-30% of the server Jainus. eho cares right?!?
    keep feeding all the same players for years!

Quote Originally Posted by 4nick8er View Post
    yes, what about the players from EU!!! no one give a **** for them!!! that's the reality and the only reality! most of us doesn't compete for the main event of the game "TSB" cause it's at 3AM - 6 AM! EU TIME.
    ALL EU doesn't comepte for bosses after maintenece cause it ends between 4-6 AM EU TIME!
    ALL EU PLAYERS ON THIS GAME loose to much cause of the scheduales of this game. AND COUNT EU PLAYERS ARE AT LEAST 20%-30% of the server Jainus. eho cares right?!?
    keep feeding all the same players for years!
    +1
    /10 chars

Personally, I don't want it extended as I know the GMs won't start applying fixes to PA until the season has ended... and I want this sh1tty PA season over so that we can start anew and have this all fixed.

In my opinion, this is how we fix PA:

1. Revert the P.DEF/defense of mobs to pre-first PA season where other types of characters (aside from Dhans and magic types) are able to get points. With the start of the first season, we took one step forward by strengthening PA patrol, but took two steps back by making the ability to kill mobs completely unfavorable for non-crit builds. Dhans still kill as fast as they used to pre-first PA season, most other classes kill mobs 3x as slow. In terms of who gets points during PA, the update to the mobs/bosses have made PA so unfair (compared to before) in such that now, 9 times out of 10, it is either a Predator or a Noir/Rumir (via spawn kills) that gets first place.

2. Increase the amount of safezone patrol (from 3 to 5), make them invincible, and double their damage. They'll still be able to be stunned/binded/etc, but not killed. Controlling them will take a much more increased effort. The only way to stop them is by disabling them (temporarily). This will keep the battle in the middle area and limit safezone spawn kills.

3. While we're addressing spawn kills, I guess it wouldn't be fair to take an hour to be able to steal all the possible buffs in-game right before PA. People ported into PA should be completely debuffed (except scrolls, of course).

4. Perhaps find a way so that it isn't only DPS characters that gain 1st place. What about OP priests, supports, and other characters that support damage dealers? Do they not deserve any wins, especially when a side won specifically because the supports were able to effectively disable the other side?

5. Right now PA is split into 2 batches of 4 each. Make it 4 batches of 2 each. This spreads out players into four 6hr intervals (instead of two 12hr intervals), and promotes coming back into the game at multiple times (i.e. if three losses is one win, and you've lost twice during one batch, you need to come back in another batch to participate). This spreads out players more around the clock, and (theoretically) reduces the amount of lag every PA. It also makes PA more accessible from more places around the world.

6. Make it so that the action of winning a PA is tied to pressing the "confirm" button to receive prizes, instead of the win automatically being applied when the timer runs to 0. So many times have I and friends disconnected/game crashed right before the win, but the win was applied (I'm guessing my client got disconnected BEFORE the timer ran to 0, but the server registered the disconnect as AFTER the timer ran out). If I dc'd before PA ended - even from the winning side - fine. I'd be cool with the win not counting and being able to play again. I would NOT be cool with the win registering, but since I wasn't able to press on confirm (due to dc), I didn't get any prizes.

While I'm here, here are a few other things:

- Boost the TSB prizes please, make the champion uniform at least be worth getting. What's the point when I can just get a socketed costume from IM and that'll be better?
    - Bring back clashing valley.
    Last edited by Reapmaster; 08-09-2018 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Grammar and clarity

I don’t carry grudges, I carry flowers to funerals.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapmaster View Post
    Personally, I don't want it extended as I know the GMs won't start applying fixes to PA until the season has ended... and I want this sh1tty PA season over so that we can start anew and have this all fixed.

1. Revert the P.DEF/defense of mobs to pre-first PA season where other types of characters (aside from Dhans and magic types) are able to get points. With the start of the first season, we took one step forward by strengthening PA patrol, but took two steps back by making the ability to kill mobs completely unfavorable for non-crit builds. Dhans still kill as fast as they used to pre-first PA season, most other classes kill mobs 3x as slow. In terms of who gets points during PA, the update to the mobs/bosses have made PA so unfair (compared to before) in such that now, 9 times out of 10, it is either a Predator or a Noir/Rumir (via spawn kills) that gets first place.

2. Increase the amount of safezone patrol (from 3 to 5), make them invincible, and double their damage. They'll still be able to be stunned/binded/etc, but not killed. Controlling them will take a much more increased effort. The only way to stop them is by disabling them (temporarily). This will keep the battle in the middle area and limit safezone spawn kills.

3. While we're addressing spawn kills, I guess it wouldn't be fair to take an hour to be able to steal all the possible buffs in-game right before PA. People ported into PA should be completely debuffed (except scrolls, of course).

4. Perhaps find a way so that it isn't only DPS characters that gain 1st place. What about OP priests, supports, and other characters that support damage dealers? Do they not deserve any wins, especially when a side won specifically because the supports were able to effectively disable the other side?

5. Right now PA is split into 2 batches of 4 each. Make it 4 batches of 2 each. This spreads out players into four 6hr intervals (instead of two 12hr intervals), and promotes coming back into the game at multiple times (i.e. if three losses is one win, and you've lost twice during one batch, you need to come back in another batch to participate). This spreads out players more around the clock, and (theoretically) reduces the amount of lag every PA. It also makes PA more accessible from more places around the world.

6. Make it so that the action of winning a PA is tied to pressing the "confirm" button to receive, instead of the win automatically being applied when the timer runs to 0. So many times have I disconnected/game has crashed right before the win, but the win was applied (because I disconnected BEFORE the timer ran to 0, but the server registered it as AFTER the timer ran out). If I dc'd before PA ended - even from the winning side - fine. I'd be cool with the win not counting and being able to play again. I would NOT be cool with the win registering, but since I wasn't able to press on confirm (due to dc), I didn't get any prizes.

- Boost the TSB prizes please, make the champion uniform at least be worth getting. What's the point when I can just get a socket a costume from IM and that'll be better?
    Yes! But you didn't specify one thing the TSB time that isn't in favor of all and those from Europe can't play at Tsb at all (our Tsb runs between 5 am and 6 am Europe time), otherwise I'm largely agree with what you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapmaster View Post

Support this, its stupid that you could play godlike on whatever class and it doesnt matter because if any single dhan gets 2 bosses you lose 1st place every time.

They should just make the safezone larger so those rumirs and noirs get debuffed if they even try to farm people in spawn. If you have immunity/reflect you shouldnt be able to farm the spawn for free.

A hector hater I see.... I dont support this one because it would literally kill off savages completely. Ever look at giant's buffs? theres no 60% crazy str theres not even 40% its 10% savages rely on stealing buffs to be successful what you are asking is that a savage gather buffs in PA without getting killed and losing them all. The reason hector's strategy works is because he already has the buffs he can already hold his own instead of running around trying to steal from people. Also hector is not invincible although teams try to keep him alive at all costs one coordinated attack on his party and you can take him down.

IMO I would like to see top player for the class you are playing instead of just top player in the whole arena. As far as priests go PA is one dimensional its monster kills and player kills so I guess that one priest that gets a kill or kills some mobs can get 1st place. Might be able to see more variety instead of mass predators and rumirs.

I only 1/2 support this, 4 batches of 2 doesnt work for me because that means if I dont win my nightly PA im ****ed. At least when its 4 together I lose 3 I still get the badge.

6. Make it so that the action of winning a PA is tied to pressing the "confirm" button to receive, instead of the win automatically being applied when the timer runs to 0. So many times have I disconnected/game has crashed right before the win, but the win was applied (because I disconnected BEFORE the timer ran to 0, but the server registered it as AFTER the timer ran out). If I dc'd before PA ended - even from the winning side - fine. I'd be cool with the win not counting and being able to play again. I would NOT be cool with the win registering, but since I wasn't able to press on confirm (due to dc), I didn't get any prizes.
    This sounds like an anomaly issue, never had this happen to me.

- Boost the TSB prizes please, make the champion uniform at least be worth getting. What's the point when I can just get a socket a costume from IM and that'll be better?
    Alternatively they could just get rid of champions uniform and replace it with a 7 days 75 all stats costume pattern. Or even better than that would be to award the winning guild with a champions ticket which you can then exchange for either a 7d pattern or the champions uniform based on personal preference.
    IMO id like to have a redesign of clashing valley into some other pvp activity not related to TSB at all. Basically like power arena 2.0 players are assigned random teams one has to attack the other has to defend.

The problem with the old clashing valley is that it was not built with the current TSB meta in mind. If an alt cap guild wins TSB because of a last minute snipe attempt then CV ends in 1 second, if the actual strongest guild in the game wins CV then its a slugfest and god help you if that guild has an ally. I remember some one sided CVs where it was like 40+ defenders vs 15 attackers and you had to suicide over and over and over to try to win.

TLDR turn CV into power arena 2.0 now you got an activity for Saturdays.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Support this, its stupid that you could play godlike on whatever class and it doesnt matter because if any single dhan gets 2 bosses you lose 1st place every time.

They should just make the safezone larger so those rumirs and noirs get debuffed if they even try to farm people in spawn. If you have immunity/reflect you shouldnt be able to farm the spawn for free.
    Sounds like a better solution than what I had in mind. Agreed.

A hector hater I see.... I dont support this one because it would literally kill off savages completely. Ever look at giant's buffs? theres no 60% crazy str theres not even 40% its 10% savages rely on stealing buffs to be successful what you are asking is that a savage gather buffs in PA without getting killed and losing them all. The reason hector's strategy works is because he already has the buffs he can already hold his own instead of running around trying to steal from people. Also hector is not invincible although teams try to keep him alive at all costs one coordinated attack on his party and you can take him down.
    Nah, not a Hector hater at all. I'd go as far as saying we're on good terms/friends. Tbh, just tired of hearing the same QQs and back and forth sh1t-talking every PA, between the spawn kills and Hector stealing all the buffs. I figured you take one away, why not take the other too. After all, it's Hector - I'm sure he'd manage. lol. But in hindsight, you're probably right. He is taken down fairly often anyway. This point probably doesn't need to happen.

IMO I would like to see top player for the class you are playing instead of just top player in the whole arena. As far as priests go PA is one dimensional its monster kills and player kills so I guess that one priest that gets a kill or kills some mobs can get 1st place. Might be able to see more variety instead of mass predators and rumirs.
    Yep, it's quite noticeable in PA. Back in December, you used to be able to see a wider spread of chars being used in PA.

I only 1/2 support this, 4 batches of 2 doesnt work for me because that means if I dont win my nightly PA im ****ed. At least when its 4 together I lose 3 I still get the badge.

6. Make it so that the action of winning a PA is tied to pressing the "confirm" button to receive prizes, instead of the win automatically being applied when the timer runs to 0. So many times have I and friends disconnected/game crashed right before the win, but the win was applied (I'm guessing my client got disconnected BEFORE the timer ran to 0, but the server registered the disconnect as AFTER the timer ran out). If I dc'd before PA ended - even from the winning side - fine. I'd be cool with the win not counting and being able to play again. I would NOT be cool with the win registering, but since I wasn't able to press on confirm (due to dc), I didn't get any prizes.
    This sounds like an anomaly issue, never had this happen to me.
    I swear, it's a known issue... a win being counted without getting prizes. What's worse, GMs lately seem to not restore the prizes via tickets anymore.

Alternatively they could just get rid of champions uniform and replace it with a 7 days 75 all stats costume pattern. Or even better than that would be to award the winning guild with a champions ticket which you can then exchange for either a 7d pattern or the champions uniform based on personal preference.
    Agreed. Heck, add a little bit of extra incentive and make it boosted to a 7D 120 all-stat costume pattern so that it really is TSB exclusive (or even make a boosted one like that for every stat and you get a ticket so you can pick which one you want - be it allstat, attack, hp, etc).

TLDR turn CV into power arena 2.0 now you got an activity for Saturdays.
    Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. A new CV with mixed players, though there should be a better way to decide the teams instead of it just being random. Look at how lopsided random sorting can make PA. Given it's only once a week, you might get a few lopsided CVs in a row. Idk how this should be done though.
    ///10chars
    Last edited by Reapmaster; 08-09-2018 at 03:31 PM. Reason: formatting

I don’t carry grudges, I carry flowers to funerals.