+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    So let me put it this way:
    If somebody scams or steals from you, how do you respond? Do you get mad, get even, do both or simply shrug and ignore the issue? I have never scammed or stolen anything from anybody. Ever. In fact I am better known for giving stuff away. However if somebody abuses that generosity and steals from/scams me, I would most likely pretend it didn't happen and quietly get even with the person in a very painful way that could never be proven as coming from me.

If you think Shawn respects me or sunny for that matter you need wonder why that is so. Why would someone who everyone and their dog is calling a scammer respect anyone? Especially people who have long histories of being more generous than dishonest? I would think that would be the last people someone like Shawn would even associate with.

Over the years Shawn has been known for his own generosity. He has helped more people in this game than anyone else that I have heard of - including myself. Well, some of those people he has helped by loaning his valuable gear decided to steal it from him. What would you have done in his shoes? I know what I would have done. Personally I think Shawn's handling of the matter was far more inventive than I could have come up with. He appealed to the crooked nature of the guys that stole from him to return the favor. They got exactly what they deserved.

But hey, Rohan is not a popularity contest (well maybe it is ). You don't have to like him. I'm not the guy's biggest fan either, but I do open my mouth when all you hear repeated in these forums is one side of a dispute. One person's dishonesty is another person's vengeance. And Vengeance is an Option

Cheers!
    It's fine to hear the other side of the story. I fully agree that if someone would scam me, I would have no problem scamming them back (it's basically returning what was yours in the first place right). However I find it very hard to believe that everyone who got scammed by shawn, scammed him first. What I think happend is that it started out that way but since it's quite a ''lucrative'' business he continued scamming people that didn't do anything wrong to him (this I can ofcourse only speculate). But it's sure what it looks like and certainly not uncommen, bullied becomes bully, scammed becomes scammer, abused becomes abuser. Simple cycle you see happen to damn often, hell even I'm in one in which I started out nice and polite, helping everyone out, getting sh1t on by the community. Now I start by sh1tting on everyone untill they give me a reason not to. This isn't very nice (it's however the most efficient approach since I'm dealing with moneys in here daily) but it's quite different from throwing ur moral compass overboard and start scamming the sh1t out of innocents, something I wouldn't do no matter what happened.
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

My uncle dekon got scammed and I knew there were 2 people who had his info: shawnc1186 and this lufy fgt.

Guess who scammed uncle dekon one of the nicest ppl to ever play the game. Monkey fgt face lufy.

But in all seriousness this game is full of bad actors but the one that I am least worried about is shawnc1186.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon11 View Post
    It's fine to hear the other side of the story. I fully agree that if someone would scam me, I would have no problem scamming them back (it's basically returning what was yours in the first place right). However I find it very hard to believe that everyone who got scammed by shawn, scammed him first. What I think happend is that it started out that way but since it's quite a ''lucrative'' business he continued scamming people that didn't do anything wrong to him (this I can ofcourse only speculate). But it's sure what it looks like and certainly not uncommen, bullied becomes bully, scammed becomes scammer, abused becomes abuser. Simple cycle you see happen to damn often, hell even I'm in one in which I started out nice and polite, helping everyone out, getting sh1t on by the community. Now I start by sh1tting on everyone untill they give me a reason not to. This isn't very nice (it's however the most efficient approach since I'm dealing with moneys in here daily) but it's quite different from throwing ur moral compass overboard and start scamming the sh1t out of innocents, something I wouldn't do no matter what happened.
    Keep in mind though that there really was only a couple people that Shawn supposedly scammed. In none of the cases where someone pops up and says "Shawn scammed me!!" was it ever proven really proven? And most of the Shawn the scammer stories are spread second hand - not particularly from the person who got scammed. Only one situation that I know of exists where Shawn actually told the people he paid back what he did to them, but again that is only what I hears, not something that has ever really been proven. Everything else is unproven false testimony from third parties. Shawn was much like myself in that he would lend out valuable stuff to people in E2N's core. When the people who he lent said virtual goods to refused to give them back, well, What would you do with someone that did that to you. I know what I would do. I know what Shawn did do. All I have to say left on this matter is that if the people yelling loudly that they were cheated by Shawn in an RMT were themselves honest, they would not have been doing that RMT in the first place. And if they got scammed in an RMT, how truthful is the accusation such people would make?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    My uncle dekon got scammed and I knew there were 2 people who had his info: shawnc1186 and this lufy fgt.

Guess who scammed uncle dekon one of the nicest ppl to ever play the game. Monkey fgt face lufy.

But in all seriousness this game is full of bad actors but the one that I am least worried about is shawnc1186.
    You and me both. I actually lent a Heroic SD shield to him - one that I actually bought in a Heroic set from him to begin with. I didn't need the shield since I was using the set on my dual-wield guardian so I let him use it on his temp. After a while I (again) lost interest in the game and told him to keep it after he offered to give it back. As far as I know he still has, or maybe even resold it. I gave the rest of the set to knuffl a while back when she came back to play and told her to hit up Shawn for the shield. Not sure if she did or not.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 07-13-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Keep in mind though that there really was only a couple people that Shawn supposedly scammed. In none of the cases where someone pops up and says "Shawn scammed me!!" was it ever proven really proven? And most of the Shawn the scammer stories are spread second hand - not particularly from the person who got scammed. Only one situation that I know of exists where Shawn actually told the people he paid back what he did to them, but again that is only what I hears, not something that has ever really been proven. Everything else is unproven false testimony from third parties. Shawn was much like myself in that he would lend out valuable stuff to people in E2N's core. When the people who he lent said virtual goods to refused to give them back, well, What would you do with someone that did that to you. I know what I would do. I know what Shawn did do. All I have to say left on this matter is that if the people yelling loudly that they were cheated by Shawn in an RMT were themselves honest, they would not have been doing that RMT in the first place. And if they got scammed in an RMT, how truthful is the accusation such people would make?

You and me both. I actually lent a Heroic SD shield to him - one that I actually bought in a Heroic set from him to begin with. I didn't need the shield since I was using the set on my dual-wield guardian so I let him use it on his temp. After a while I (again) lost interest in the game and told him to keep it after he offered to give it back. As far as I know he still has, or maybe even resold it. I gave the rest of the set to knuffl a while back when she came back to play and told her to hit up Shawn for the shield. Not sure if she did or not.
    I know we share a difference in opinion on this matter (which won't change :P), and we'll probably never figgure out the whole truth since we don't have access to the game logs.

About that SD set, Knuffl quit the game and with that didn't need the SD set anymore, I've asked you if I could use it and you said yes, to this day I still have your set lol (no shield tho).

A taste of the divine

Banned
    Ah lol. I really don't need it since I don't even bother to log my account anymore these days. I doubt it has much value these days of 115 +50 and trancendence. At least somebody's getting some use out of it

Ah lol. I really don't need it since I don't even bother to log my account anymore these days. I doubt it has much value these days of 115 +50 and trancendence. At least somebody's getting some use out of it
    Yea they lost most of their value after they changed the way SD works. Now it doesn't reduce damage in inter/sup dungeons and mirror maps anymore nor does it reduce elemental dmg in pvp such as frozen/blazing etc. It only functions as a reduction of direct skill damage such as murder shot or breath (for example), being reduced by the said % on the armour.

A taste of the divine

i noticed another change. str no longer gives pdf. in the old days str gave pdf but less than what vit would give.

Quote Originally Posted by sumguy421 View Post
    i noticed another change. str no longer gives pdf. in the old days str gave pdf but less than what vit would give.
    I just tested it. STR still provides pdef.

1 str = 1 pdef
    1 vit = 2 pdef

oh does it? i was mistaken then lol another change though i think is Dhans have darkness element now? before they had no element

Quote Originally Posted by sumguy421 View Post
    oh does it? i was mistaken then lol another change though i think is Dhans have darkness element now? before they had no element
    you're not trolling, right?

They always have invenom as their elemental damage. Damage display for invenom does not exist before. Damage display color is almost the same (if not exactly the same) as darkness' dark purple.