Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
So let me put it this way:
If somebody scams or steals from you, how do you respond? Do you get mad, get even, do both or simply shrug and ignore the issue? I have never scammed or stolen anything from anybody. Ever. In fact I am better known for giving stuff away. However if somebody abuses that generosity and steals from/scams me, I would most likely pretend it didn't happen and quietly get even with the person in a very painful way that could never be proven as coming from me.

If you think Shawn respects me or sunny for that matter you need wonder why that is so. Why would someone who everyone and their dog is calling a scammer respect anyone? Especially people who have long histories of being more generous than dishonest? I would think that would be the last people someone like Shawn would even associate with.

Over the years Shawn has been known for his own generosity. He has helped more people in this game than anyone else that I have heard of - including myself. Well, some of those people he has helped by loaning his valuable gear decided to steal it from him. What would you have done in his shoes? I know what I would have done. Personally I think Shawn's handling of the matter was far more inventive than I could have come up with. He appealed to the crooked nature of the guys that stole from him to return the favor. They got exactly what they deserved.

But hey, Rohan is not a popularity contest (well maybe it is ). You don't have to like him. I'm not the guy's biggest fan either, but I do open my mouth when all you hear repeated in these forums is one side of a dispute. One person's dishonesty is another person's vengeance. And Vengeance is an Option

Cheers!
It's fine to hear the other side of the story. I fully agree that if someone would scam me, I would have no problem scamming them back (it's basically returning what was yours in the first place right). However I find it very hard to believe that everyone who got scammed by shawn, scammed him first. What I think happend is that it started out that way but since it's quite a ''lucrative'' business he continued scamming people that didn't do anything wrong to him (this I can ofcourse only speculate). But it's sure what it looks like and certainly not uncommen, bullied becomes bully, scammed becomes scammer, abused becomes abuser. Simple cycle you see happen to damn often, hell even I'm in one in which I started out nice and polite, helping everyone out, getting sh1t on by the community. Now I start by sh1tting on everyone untill they give me a reason not to. This isn't very nice (it's however the most efficient approach since I'm dealing with moneys in here daily) but it's quite different from throwing ur moral compass overboard and start scamming the sh1t out of innocents, something I wouldn't do no matter what happened.