+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Try different classes if you have time
    I am currently playing full psy priest which is garbage compared to all the other classes and i time my skills right to survive PA and end game dungs just fine it requires some game knowledge to go there >.>
    Currently gearing and lvling a psy wizz just cause i am cheap as #!@& and don't want to spend $$$ on this volatile game.
    Check the rohan wiki for some suggestions on how to get to play your char or how to counter other classes and know your weaknesses before engaging any other class.
    Farm Elemental Dung after lvl90+ the prices and exp should get you good enough for end game.
    After one year it should be somewhat up to date still.

BTW
    Still waiting for that last balance patch i saw on korea rohan last year.
    More love to Int Sage and Wizz
    They took a little bit more than a year to add the fallen hero dungeon.
    Expect the same or more -_-

There you go...
    Can confirm wizz is cheap but I was never able to do mirror dungeon tried with 4 different weapons (upg staff, upg dagger, AD abs staff, 50% DD abs staff) when I tried I was using twin auras +12 and psy twins so I had around 3k psy still not enough apparently.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Can confirm wizz is cheap but I was never able to do mirror dungeon tried with 4 different weapons (upg staff, upg dagger, AD abs staff, 50% DD abs staff) when I tried I was using twin auras +12 and psy twins so I had around 3k psy still not enough apparently.
    Wizzard is sh1t simply because they have cooldowns. If you want to kill stuff in mirror dungeons you gonna need something that has proper AOE DPS AA wise (Predator/Templar/Scout/Noir/Sage/Savage etc). I've tried wizz awhile ago on old mirror dungs with rulers +15-18, abs set +15, all 7s, 3.0 staff with 6x dd (missing abs but was just to test their damage output really). They simply don't deal damage even tho I could reach up to like 5-6k psy. I don't even want to imagine how bad they would be now with upgraded mob damage and hp….

The only thing I like about wizards is their group pvp potential, which, if played well is really OP. Beside that it's a pretty much useless class in my eyes (sadly)
    Last edited by shannon11; 07-09-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

ANY game that relies solely on cool down management is not skill based. for example World of Warcraft also is a skill less game. examples of skill based Mmos are guild wars 2, Tera, The Elder scrolls online, basically any action combat Mmo or hybrid like gw2 which has a dodge roll mechanic. Waiting for something to cool down so you can push the button again is not skill sorry to tell you kiddo.

In the games I listed above a lower geared/lower lvl player can actually OUTPLAY another person because of the functionality of the dodge mechanic. Rohan and games like it (WoW) its all based on who has the better gear.

And I love how everyone else in this forum are so polite and getting along but you come in with your dick in your hand trying wave it around lulz.
    You didnt even attempt at a civil convo you immediately called me a Noob when I made a very valid argument about rangers being over tuned which everyone I speak to in game agrees.(They all then say right after that, that Dhans are worse which I never argued)
    Yea Dhans also are overtuned. I'm not saying rangers are the only problem, whoever decided to buff Dhans they way they did is also nuts. They were always one of the best classes in the game.

Also to my sage. I made it before the changes so when I returned I didn't want to delete it. So of course I'm gonna try to lvl it and test the waters I'm lvl 111 and reverse scale will be good when I get it. only one problem with it vs ranger, ranger has a 60 sec cool down whereas Reverse Scale has 180 so unless I just want to hug the SZ and dip in and out then it will be useful against that silence, but out in the field while I'm training and a silence arrow comes from off screen then I'm absolutely screwed

(example)
    I also play Over watch and I'm diamond. Since I'm not grand master does that mean any thoughts on balance I have are invalid? I dont think so cause anyone who plays a game can understand it very quickly. At least when it comes to me.

btw your wasting your time on a Noob with a brain so why bother ^___^
    Last edited by sumguy421; 07-14-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumguy421 View Post
    ANY game that relies solely on cool down management is not skill based Nob. for example World of Warcraft also is a skill less game. examples of skill based Mmos are guild wars 2, Tera, The Elder scrolls online, basically any action combat Mmo or hybrid like gw2 which has a dodge roll mechanic. Waiting for something to cool down so you can push the button again is not skill sorry to tell you kiddo.

In the games I listed above a lower geared/lower lvl player can actually OUTPLAY another person because of the functionality of the dodge mechanic. Rohan and games like it (WoW) its all based on who has the better gear.

And I love how everyone else in this forum are so polite and getting along but you come in with your dick in your hand trying wave it around lulz.
    You didnt even attempt at a civil convo you immediately called me a Noob when I made a very valid argument about rangers being over tuned which everyone I speak to in game agrees.(They all then say right after that, that Dhans are worse which I never argued)
    Yea Dhans also are overtuned. I'm not saying rangers are the only problem, whoever decided to buff Dhans they way they did is also nuts. They were always one of the best classes in the game.

Also to my sage. I made it before the changes so when I returned I didn't want to delete it. So of course I'm gonna try to lvl it and test the waters I'm lvl 111 and reverse scale will be good when I get it. only one problem with it vs ranger, ranger has a 60 sec cool down whereas Reverse Scale has 180 so unless I just want to hug the SZ and dip in and out then it will be useful against that silence, but out in the field while I'm training and a silence arrow comes from off screen then I'm absolutely screwed

(example)
    I also play Over watch and I'm diamond. Since I'm not grand master does that mean any thoughts on balance I have are invalid? I dont think so cause anyone who plays a game can understand it very quickly. At least when it comes to me.

Hi there so im not only a rohan veteran with thousands of hours in this game I was also a top tier pvp warrior in tera regular top 10 champions skyring player. I am here to tell you that you are mostly wrong.

To some extent you are correct I can sandbag using lvl 60 gear vs someone with the latest lvl 65 gear because I was good at the game. However thats where the line is drawn, if you dont have a baseline of gear you have little to no expectation of survival. If I tried using lvl 58 gear? Wouldnt work doesnt have 9% attack speed roll or even 4.5% base roll with an option for another 4.5%. Even then when I am sandbagging I would have to use salivating crystal because I would run out of mana before killing someone and even then the duel might time out if I am for example facing a lancer who keeps using iron will.

The issue with this frame? I am assuming both players are lvl 65 with the appropriate glyphs vs another lvl 65 player its just one player is using lower tier gear. If you are not 65 however you stand 0 chance, if you are not lvl 60 you dont even have backstab so you are super hopeless. Even if I was to duel a lvl 30 archer as a warrior I would have a hard time because I am missing the core pvp skills (Backstab, Cascade, Scythe) sure I might be able to KD chain if the person had no brain cells but a player with equal skillcap to me would just kick me into trap into pen shot and im dead.

Rohan by comparison is the exact same way. If you do not have the baseline equipment you lose all expectation of pvping. The only difference is that since rohan doesnt have the action combat system (cmon this game is ancient wtf do you expect?) these stats become more important. The people here who know me will know that I never had over the top equipment, I had insurgents when people had boss drops, I had boss drops when people had +18 insurgents and I had +18 insurgents when ppl had +18 boss drops. But I always stayed within 1 generation of the equipment and I was able to hold my own against the best of the best. The one leg up that I had over those other guys is that I got lucky and had a 71% dd upg mace which meant that I could soak up damage better than anyone (exception: FFS ignores DD). If you were around to see the state of the game when I played over time you would see how the pvp tactics have evolved and the char metagame as well for example dekans countering high DD players or offhand 50% update bringing in players with dual upgrades that dealed decent damage and couldnt be killed without a mind ex into FFS. One of the most interesting times for me however was the suicide meta which was pure luck but if you didnt have the numbers or the firepower to take down this OP 2 priest 3 temp 1 def party you could always get lucky and suicide 1 priest and turn the tides quick.

TLDR there is always some counterplay but you will need to put a decent amount of effort into this game to pull that off. It just sucks that unlike TERA where you can do any dungeon with the mid tier set in rohan you really need to work hard and efficiently to get up to that baseline of equipment.

I still think the developers should create an ingame upg-esque weapon so players can farm something strong enough to do mirror dungeons and pvp each other.

The most important stats being the HP, All stats, Extra DD and the attack force %.

Or just split the attack force spirit stones into one type across 3 grades which allows you to get the HP stone as well on that tali/opaniel weapon.

Example:

Premium Weapon Spirit Stone (Attack)

Grade IV: Magic Attack +65%
    Grade V: Range Attack +65%
    Grade VI: Melee Attack +65%

Spirit stones of the same type dont stack regardless of grade so you cant have 65% melee and 65% magic.

Lets say for example you have a Talis Club +15 (only one I could find stats for on google images)

Int: 196
    Psy 196
    Vit 186
    Attack: 268

The important stats of the upg weapons were the attack %, DD, HP and Crit/MS/AS.

You have 5 stones so we can add to this weapon:

+65% melee attack
    +65% HP
    +65% DD
    +10% crit
    +32% attack speed

Bam right there you have a weapon strong enough to hold your own in pvp. Its not as good as the upgs 120% hp and higher DD but its better than getting one hit. And most importantly its strong enough to hit people with assuming you have decent enough stats on the rest of your equipment.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 07-09-2018 at 02:51 PM.

ANY game that relies solely on cool down management is not skill based Nob. for example World of Warcraft also is a skill less game. examples of skill based Mmos are guild wars 2, Tera, The Elder scrolls online, basically any action combat Mmo or hybrid like gw2 which has a dodge roll mechanic. Waiting for something to cool down so you can push the button again is not skill sorry to tell you kiddo.

(example)

1. I'm not polite and I'll never be until people prove to me they are worth it to be spoken to with respect (if you hang around on the rohan forum for awhile longer you'll get how and why)

2. When I argue I use ''logical reasoning'' and ''facts'', something you do not seem to be familliar with. Saying a phrase like ''QQ rangers are OP their silence is 30 seconds and they always kill me and this opinion is shared by everyone else in the game'' is not logical reasoning nor facts, it's just a phrase based on your personal emotional frustration for getting rekt in rohan (something I really do not give a f*ck about). After getting a lot of facts back from me, you simply shift the topic to something more convenient because you can't really deny the things I said because you simply don't know enough to make your point (which is the defenition of a ''noob'') and thus why I called you one.

TL;DR
    3. So if I get it straight your return to rohan after not playing for a long time, you have oldskool gear and an underlvled character, you have little to no knowledge about the new balance patches and re-made skills and the first thing you do is claim a certain class is OP because it smacks your pure PVE noob char. Then once someone gives you legit feedback about what you can do about this and how the mechanics of this game work for most classes, you reply with some bullsh1t story about guildwars and other games you played and how rohan is only p2w and requires no skill (shifting away from the origional problem because I slapped you numb with facts you can't deny).

4. This is the rohan forum I don't care who you are and what you did in other games, nor that you only considder pure keyboard mechanics as ''skillfull gameplay''. You're entitled to your opinion and I to mine, and I find you a r3tard, sir. So write me another rant in which you supply me with detailed info about how good you are in CS:GO and DOTA and League of Legends and how bad you got analed by every ranger silence in game

Hi there so im not only a rohan veteran with thousands of hours in this game I was also a top tier pvp warrior in tera regular top 10 champions skyring player. I am here to tell you that you are mostly wrong.

To some extent you are correct I can sandbag using lvl 60 gear vs someone with the latest lvl 65 gear because I was good at the game. However thats where the line is drawn, if you dont have a baseline of gear you have little to no expectation of survival. If I tried using lvl 58 gear? Wouldnt work doesnt have 9% attack speed roll or even 4.5% base roll with an option for another 4.5%. Even then when I am sandbagging I would have to use salivating crystal because I would run out of mana before killing someone and even then the duel might time out if I am for example facing a lancer who keeps using iron will.

The issue with this frame? I am assuming both players are lvl 65 with the appropriate glyphs vs another lvl 65 player its just one player is using lower tier gear. If you are not 65 however you stand 0 chance, if you are not lvl 60 you dont even have backstab so you are super hopeless. Even if I was to duel a lvl 30 archer as a warrior I would have a hard time because I am missing the core pvp skills (Backstab, Cascade, Scythe) sure I might be able to KD chain if the person had no brain cells but a player with equal skillcap to me would just kick me into trap into pen shot and im dead.

Rohan by comparison is the exact same way. If you do not have the baseline equipment you lose all expectation of pvping. The only difference is that since rohan doesnt have the action combat system (cmon this game is ancient wtf do you expect?) these stats become more important. The people here who know me will know that I never had over the top equipment, I had insurgents when people had boss drops, I had boss drops when people had +18 insurgents and I had +18 insurgents when ppl had +18 boss drops. But I always stayed within 1 generation of the equipment and I was able to hold my own against the best of the best. The one leg up that I had over those other guys is that I got lucky and had a 71% dd upg mace which meant that I could soak up damage better than anyone (exception: FFS ignores DD). If you were around to see the state of the game when I played over time you would see how the pvp tactics have evolved and the char metagame as well for example dekans countering high DD players or offhand 50% update bringing in players with dual upgrades that dealed decent damage and couldnt be killed without a mind ex into FFS. One of the most interesting times for me however was the suicide meta which was pure luck but if you didnt have the numbers or the firepower to take down this OP 2 priest 3 temp 1 def party you could always get lucky and suicide 1 priest and turn the tides quick.

TLDR there is always some counterplay but you will need to put a decent amount of effort into this game to pull that off. It just sucks that unlike TERA where you can do any dungeon with the mid tier set in rohan you really need to work hard and efficiently to get up to that baseline of equipment.

I still think the developers should create an ingame upg-esque weapon so players can farm something strong enough to do mirror dungeons and pvp each other.

The most important stats being the HP, All stats, Extra DD and the attack force %.

Or just split the attack force spirit stones into one type across 3 grades which allows you to get the HP stone as well on that tali/opaniel weapon.

Example:

Spirit stones of the same type dont stack regardless of grade so you cant have 65% melee and 65% magic.

Lets say for example you have a Talis Club +15 (only one I could find stats for on google images)

Psy 196
    Vit 186

The important stats of the upg weapons were the attack %, DD, HP and Crit/MS/AS.

+65% melee attack
    +65% HP
    +65% DD
    +10% crit
    +32% attack speed

Bam right there you have a weapon strong enough to hold your own in pvp. Its not as good as the upgs 120% hp and higher DD but its better than getting one hit. And most importantly its strong enough to hit people with assuming you have decent enough stats on the rest of your equipment.
    Upgrading spirit stones would defo be a good thing to do to cut the gap between upg weapons and opaniels (or other crafted weps for that matter). I for one am still up for making 4x upg parts available in game as bossdrops and from (blessed/premium)Time boxes with a certain amount of specific and randomized stats, including PVP and PVE attack and defense.

Considering the amount of time you and others have already tried to simply get new costumes into this game, I highly doubt they'll implement any other fancy suggestion.

PS: splitting of attack stones into the 3 attack kinds was my idea, it was however pretty much implemented AFTER the whole templar era (wich was why I wanted it changed so templars wouldn't double dip anymore). They put so much time between people giving suggestions and the KR devs implementing them, the meta was already shifted and the whole idea became pointless…..
    Last edited by shannon11; 07-10-2018 at 08:35 AM.
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

Example:

Psy 196
    Vit 186

+65% melee attack
    +65% HP
    +65% DD
    +10% crit
    +32% attack speed

this was a well thought out response and you did it without trying to demean me or anything. this is the kind of response i was looking for when i created this thread not immediate dismissal and name calling.
    thank you for taking your time to respond.
    I was around from 2009(my first account) till 2011 so i went through a few meta's that's why i can speak with abit of certainty regarding balance.
    I was in the guilds Obsession, Censored and Forever all at different points
    i have 1 pic of me when i was in censored here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Also I have Shannon blocked so i just see a nice big white square where you tried to respond. I dont care about your opinion just know that your opinion will go unseen ^_^ bet that's infuriating to you have a fun time
    Last edited by sumguy421; 07-09-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Mmmmmmmmmm

Example:

Psy 196
    Vit 186

+65% melee attack
    +65% HP
    +65% DD
    +10% crit
    +32% attack speed

this is my current gear

Int Onyx +5 all with 19x pdf
    Pendant of plantx4 all +5
    Darkness Onyx Zhen +8/ Attack +325/ Str +6/ Dex+24/ Int +44/ Magic Attack +85%/ Melee attak+10%/DD+50%
    Rohanian title and lvl 111
    Wearing Egyptian costume that was in my merged inventory all this time as well as eye and earing which gives an additional 48 int

I returned to the game only 3 weeks ago and also have a lvl 104 savage and 68 defender I think I'm doing pretty well considering how short a time i have been back lol
    when i cam back to the game my Dekan was lvl 56 which i lvled to 88 then pouched to 101. My savage I haven't pouched at all and I haven't spent a dime of real money.

lvling is so much easier now days my highest in the old days was my Warlock Tela and it took like 2 years to get him to lvl 92 (mostly cause there were tons of rpkers back then and now there is like maybe 10)
    Last edited by sumguy421; 07-09-2018 at 11:35 PM.

this was a well thought out response and you did it without trying to demean me or anything. this is the kind of response i was looking for when i created this thread not immediate dismissal and name calling.
    thank you for taking your time to respond.
    I was around from 2009(my first account) till 2011 so i went through a few meta's that's why i can speak with abit of certainty regarding balance.
    I was in the guilds Obsession, Censored and Forever all at different points
    i have 1 pic of me when i was in censored here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Also I have Shannon blocked so i just see a nice big white square where you tried to respond. I dont care about your opinion just know that your opinion will go unseen ^_^ bet that's infuriating to you have a fun time
    Char names? I was in Obsession and Forever. (Unless you are talking about the old Torian era Obsession with SallyBr0wn)

Tarria Dekan and Tela Warlock and i remember sallybrown
    So probably the torian version of Obsession with phi, sally, shawnc1186 and others.