+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by D4rius View Post
    I share the same opinion with you and in the first season I lost a lot because of this and I mean because of inadequate time. In terms of playing in the PA as you just said dhans are the winners or rather the priest (in the case of Isen) classes based on basic attack they don't even have a chance to win 1st. Now what we do we all reset in Dhans and who is lucky will win? Also a big mistake made by they is dhnas patch which is totally unbalanced with the other classes and I mean to the part of invenom too high, the invenom is far too high considering the fact that their crit is more highter.
    Well yeah we all know that dhans are unbalanced and OP on the 'anus server - that is a separate issue.

Denying players rewards because they are located in a particular time zone is quite another issue. I literally have no other option. If I want badges then I have to afk remote log. I can't buy them anywhere and PW is basically forcing me to risk either my health (waking up between 2am-4am) or employment (remote logging at work) with the times as they are ( trololol ) XD
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    TERA actually kept you in the battleground when you were disconnected. Your char would disapear but would be placed at the starting point.
    Ah, but it still made you log in manually. There never was an auto-reconnect. Besides Tera is half as old as Rohan

To get back where you were, there's always the old venge trick.

Power Arena has two major issues currently:

1. It's (beside GM hosted Events) the only way to gain Victory Badges, before you had CV and SA as well but those are both closed
    2. Time of PA's suck for a lot of people (Same for TSB, I have maybe gone to 10 TSB's in the 9-10 years I play because it's at like 4 or 5 AM for me)

To resolve this issue it's easy:

1. Bring back CV and SA. CV should be twice a week, each one 12h later than the other and they should both be hosted during the weekends the rewards should be 3x victory badge and 1x Cert. SA should be 3 or 4 times a week and only for 115+0 to 115+50 characters. The rewards should be similar to the old rewards except first second and third get 1, 2 and 3 certs, and the same amount of victory badges. The 4x SA should be at 4x different times so that at least every time zone has at least 1x SA a week that starts at 10PM for them.

2. currently we have 2 shifts of 4 Pa's a day which results in 8 Pa's a day, 6 days a week. First of all, PA should remain 6 days a week but the ''PA off day'' should be on monday, not on sunday (the weekend is where most people play). Secondly, there should be 3 shifts of 3 Pa's every day, resulting in 9 PA's a day. Shift one should be in the timezone of USA/Canada/South America, Shift two should be favourable for europe and shift 3 should be favourable for Asia (mostly indo and such).

This way everyone gets to do PA, CV and SA while the main focus of those ''events'' is during the weekends which has the highest player playing density.

Ofcourse GM's know better and will not apply it in such a way, people have whined about a change in TSB for years and nothing has happened.
    Last edited by shannon11; 07-06-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Ah, but it still made you log in manually. There never was an auto-reconnect. Besides Tera is half as old as Rohan

To get back where you were, there's always the old venge trick.
    What you mean you have to log in manually, if the launcher was still open you just click play and it brings you back to char select where you pick your char with its last location as "Champions Skyring" or "Fraywind Canyon" then you will appear in the startarea of that battleground if its still going on.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    Depends on the launcher. Not all of them retain your login creds and connection to the login server. Also the reconnection is not automatic. You have to select your character manually and you have to manually click play to connect to the server manually. Most of that happens in Rohan too, except for a few restricted places. As I said, Rohan is 10 years old. In some of the newer dungeons and instances it won't drop you into the starting point for that dungeon/instance. You will be dropped at the last registered bind - if you bothered to set it close to where you DC'ed. But there is no auto-reconnect in any MMO that I know of.