+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Cool Sortcut To change server

    please create a shortcut to move the server from within the game to facilitate the change of server of different server characters like from jainus jin to jainus marea or from server jin to isen. thanks

  2. #2
    rofl.. are you drunk?


    We Will Hunt You Down

  3. #3
    I don't see how this is an invalid question though. If I have chars on Marea and on Jin, I should be able to switch without closing the game and re-opening it again. There should be a simpler way to switch servers really.


    I donít carry grudges, I carry flowers to funerals.

  4. #4
    If only the USA department had the devs to actually program these kind of things, they have to ask KR devs for help and as we all know, they kind of despise the USA department. Great teamwork for a global company!
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident


    A taste of the divine

  5. #5
    Commander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Betcha can't find me
    Posts
    4,516
    This same question comes up every 2-3 years. Each time it has been answered but nobody bothers to do a quick search to find them before asking agaikn.

    Here is this year's answers:
    1. It is a minor function that takes a lot of work, which also means a lot of money, to make happen.
    2. Before PlayWith (both Korea H.O. and the US Branch) invests $$$ in anything it must undergo a cost/benefit analysis where expenditures are weighed against tangible benefits.
    3. Since there is nothing about having a select alternate server function that does not require a logout that would cause more players to come here and spend money, this is something that will never happen.
    4. Finally at 10 years old (for the international release), Rohan is an old game. The original client devs are long gone along with the architects that designed it. The guys left behind have no real clue how to change the architecture of the client from a monolithic mess to a modular application that can easily support that kind of function. I point at the Trinity race as proof of that lack of architectural understanding.

    tl;dr version: Don't hold your breath. You will die waiting for it.

    Jesus was my love child.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    This same question comes up every 2-3 years. Each time it has been answered but nobody bothers to do a quick search to find them before asking agaikn.

    Here is this year's answers:
    1. It is a minor function that takes a lot of work, which also means a lot of money, to make happen.
    2. Before PlayWith (both Korea H.O. and the US Branch) invests $$$ in anything it must undergo a cost/benefit analysis where expenditures are weighed against tangible benefits.
    3. Since there is nothing about having a select alternate server function that does not require a logout that would cause more players to come here and spend money, this is something that will never happen.
    4. Finally at 10 years old (for the international release), Rohan is an old game. The original client devs are long gone along with the architects that designed it. The guys left behind have no real clue how to change the architecture of the client from a monolithic mess to a modular application that can easily support that kind of function. I point at the Trinity race as proof of that lack of architectural understanding.

    tl;dr version: Don't hold your breath. You will die waiting for it.
    I doubt in general if any gm/dev that came after epics really had/have a clue of what they're/were doing lmao
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident


    A taste of the divine

  7. #7
    Commander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Betcha can't find me
    Posts
    4,516
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon11 View Post
    I doubt in general if any gm/dev that came after epics really had/have a clue of what they're/were doing lmao
    there was a big split that happened when the parent company went from YNK to PlayWith. A lot of their top tech talent went away around that time when they decided to cash in their shares and get out while the getting was good.

    Jesus was my love child.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    there was a big split that happened when the parent company went from YNK to PlayWith. A lot of their top tech talent went away around that time when they decided to cash in their shares and get out while the getting was good.
    All the smart ones left.....what remains....well...no need to say more xD
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident


    A taste of the divine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
modify