+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question When have Halflings race??!!

Some year ago i read story and know it.
    Now Trinity was born lol nice race. Surprised.

But i still wait a Halflings , i think it will have ancientrees or wildamimals fire together and skills like they doing together or magic dont know

GM u doing it ??? I wait wait it at 2020??? Halflings race

Banned
    Trinity is your halflings race.

Some history: Halflings were supposed to be introduced later after the giants. Everything including the town of Rembeck was created for them. Here is a few pictures of the inside of Rembeck if anybody is interested (you can't normally enter Rembeck - it is closed off)...

The only thing missing was the race itself. Halflings would have been fully integrated, used the same weapons and armor as any other race. What happened to them? An internal break up of YNK Happened. The most of the main devs and architects originally involved with Rohan cashed out, jumped ship and with took them any hope of bringing Halflings to the game.

The part of YNK that remained behind changed the company name to PlayWith. Those folks had a lot less of an architectural background in Rohan and had to hire new people to handle the low level stuff. It seems they were a little challenged when it came time to bring that new race out so instead of using most of the stuff already in place they decided to create something outside the box and patch it on with chewing gum and duck tape. Hell, they didn't even reuse Rembeck. This is why you see trinity does not use the same dual sexes, training grounds, armor or weapons that any other race uses. The hacked together weapon system is also why you can't sell your Trinity toon or weapons to other players like any other toon (even though they made promises to address that -- another failure). In short they completely failed in their integration. One of the few things they did reuse is the race ID. The trinity internal race id is the same as what was to be used by the halflings.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 02-17-2018 at 07:45 AM.

haha I remember being able to enter Rambeck years ago using the old "Bunny trick," good times!!

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Nice pics PJ! What was the bunny trick Karren? Does it still work?
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwattybollox View Post
    Nice pics PJ! What was the bunny trick Karren? Does it still work?
    Hi Rob.
    Well years ago when the game was still pretty newish, when ever you set your bunny timer and then ported away, when you returned to your spot, you wouldnt land in exactly the same spot. You would be a few steps ahead of your saved spot. This ment you could move through walls, water, buildings and so on by repeating the process over and over until you got to where you wanted to be. It was time consuming, but fun getting into places that you couldnt normally get into. They fixed that bug a long time ago because it was being abused haha

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Cheers Karren.

I don't remember that glitch, so yeah must have been before I started playing (just before they introduced Giants race).

I don't ever see you in game any more, so hope all is well and that you are enjoying life
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwattybollox View Post
    Cheers Karren.

I don't remember that glitch, so yeah must have been before I started playing (just before they introduced Giants race).

I don't ever see you in game any more, so hope all is well and that you are enjoying life
    I dont ever see you in game or karren but then again alt bot grind life.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

I dont play, I just lurk on the forums from time to time

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.