+ Reply to Thread

Feathers or Upgrade SDV Rings? Can inflated attack overcome pure attack?

I know there's a whole discussion about pure attack/melee vs inflated melee, but I mean if you equipped 4 upgrade rings, that's a 20% melee attack boost. That sound huge!

On a guard with 50k melee, that yields another 10k on top, whereas feathers +18 would add about 2k pure attack. With pure/inflated attack in mind, wouldn't a five-fold increase in comparison be enough to overcome the advantages of pure melee? Has anyone tested this?

TL;DR which one makes me hit harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Reapmaster View Post
    I know there's a whole discussion about pure attack/melee vs inflated melee, but I mean if you equipped 4 upgrade rings, that's a 20% melee attack boost. That sound huge!

On a guard with 50k melee, that yields another 10k on top, whereas feathers +18 would add about 2k pure attack. With pure/inflated attack in mind, wouldn't a five-fold increase in comparison be enough to overcome the advantages of pure melee? Has anyone tested this?

TL;DR which one makes me hit harder?
    it's not 10k if you have 50k melee. Every % based buff only buffs stats from the BASE. You probably have 50k melee with crit aura on (25% melee) 2.0 dagger (70% melee) etc. You need to take your melee attack with no melee boosters on and then add 20%.

PVE: Upg Rings > Feth +18
    PVP: Upg Rings < Feth +18

even if it were 10k melee, almost all of it is inflated melee, which is reduced by PDF by a huge amount. I wouldn't have much effect in pvp, flat/raw melee/attack will almost always win.
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

Quote Originally Posted by shannon11 View Post
    it's not 10k if you have 50k melee. Every % based buff only buffs stats from the BASE. You probably have 50k melee with crit aura on (25% melee) 2.0 dagger (70% melee) etc. You need to take your melee attack with no melee boosters on and then add 20%.

PVE: Upg Rings > Feth +18
    PVP: Upg Rings < Feth +18

even if it were 10k melee, almost all of it is inflated melee, which is reduced by PDF by a huge amount. I wouldn't have much effect in pvp, flat/raw melee/attack will almost always win.
    Didn't think that it would only buff base melee. This is just the answer I needed. Thank you for the clear and concise explanation.

funny but i tested rullers +18 and upg sdv +18 and on str tittle i have more melee on upgrade rings ;] dmg is little better or the same. But ofc on upgrades i have 12% crit rate more and pdef/mdef

Quote Originally Posted by Radzias View Post
    funny but i tested rullers +18 and upg sdv +18 and on str tittle i have more melee on upgrade rings ;] dmg is little better or the same. But ofc on upgrades i have 12% crit rate more and pdef/mdef
    The class you play is.....?

Also with title is the important part here so what are you looking at 12k str? did you do that with group alm alm scroll crown etc?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

For pvp I do not want more critrate honestly. With so much crit on weapon/buffs (depending on your class). It only makes it harder to kill people in pvp on loop. For inter and such upg rings are OP. Also pvp wise for most classes ruler+18 > upg ring +18 just because of the flat attack. if you have 1k title I agree the difference with rulers+18 gets smaller since 1k base str is a lot but even then, rulers+18 are fine.
    Main: Arctic - AnnetteLouise - Resident

A taste of the divine

i tested +18 rullers and +18 upg sdv on my noir +50 str tittle self buff and dmg was the same even little better on upgrades

i tested +18 rullers and +18 upg sdv on my noir +50 str tittle self buff and dmg was the same even little better on upgrades
    Cảm ơn bạn!

Pok pok lmao? Is that you XD

nah Noise here pok pok dont read forum :P