Y'all need to work on ur 'murikan, heah?

I spent some of my more formative years in around Little Rock Arkansas (looooong time ago). Dad got transferred to to the S.A.C base in Grand Forks North Dakota. I gotta tell ya, I never got so trolled in school as i did when all those northies picked on my hillbilly "Suthen Drawl". They had a ball with it/me. Ever hear someone raised and living in Boston speak?

Doesn't mean Canada doesn't have its spread of accents as well. Spent a few months in a really small town on the Eastern side of Newfoundland, not to mention my social group consisted primarily of Newfies. I was cursed with a newfie accent and inflection until I hit my early 20s. Thankfully my current accent has settled down to pretty much general Canuck.

At the end of the day I would expect any good-sized country has its accents, in whatever language they are speaking.When the same language spans countries, those differences make the language in on country almost unintelligible in the other (i.e. Portuguese in Portugal or Brazil, Dutch between Holland and South Africa, or French between France, Canada and New Orleans).