+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Banned
    Y'all need to work on ur 'murikan, heah?

I spent some of my more formative years in around Little Rock Arkansas (looooong time ago). Dad got transferred to to the S.A.C base in Grand Forks North Dakota. I gotta tell ya, I never got so trolled in school as i did when all those northies picked on my hillbilly "Suthen Drawl". They had a ball with it/me. Ever hear someone raised and living in Boston speak?

Doesn't mean Canada doesn't have its spread of accents as well. Spent a few months in a really small town on the Eastern side of Newfoundland, not to mention my social group consisted primarily of Newfies. I was cursed with a newfie accent and inflection until I hit my early 20s. Thankfully my current accent has settled down to pretty much general Canuck.

At the end of the day I would expect any good-sized country has its accents, in whatever language they are speaking.When the same language spans countries, those differences make the language in on country almost unintelligible in the other (i.e. Portuguese in Portugal or Brazil, Dutch between Holland and South Africa, or French between France, Canada and New Orleans).

lol..... I think its symptomatic of the world these days............ Many Brits language skills have degenerated to the point where foreign people who live here are easier to understand than a lot of the natives.

I like a Southern US accent on a woman it sounds pretty nice (to me anyway) - On guys it sounds inbred / old fashioned. I love a stereotype tbh........

I don't know if you have such a thing as "Chavs" in Holland.........?
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

I've only heard one Canadian accent before PJ.......... It sounded like an educated accent, if there can be such a thing as that.

The difference in American accents is much more pronounced to me, whilst the remarkable thing with British accents is that someone can sound completely different to someone else living only 20 miles away.

I can pretty much pinpoint to within 10 miles where someone is from in the UK as soon as they open their mouth.
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwattybollox View Post
    lol..... I think its symptomatic of the world these days............ Many Brits language skills have degenerated to the point where foreign people who live here are easier to understand than a lot of the natives.

I like a Southern US accent on a woman it sounds pretty nice (to me anyway) - On guys it sounds inbred / old fashioned. I love a stereotype tbh........

For such a small country we have heaps of different accents, the difference in accent can be clearly noticable from one town to another meaning you travel 15 km and people have another accent already. Globally there are quite some different kinds of dutch as well: Vlaams, which is spoken in Belgium(Mr. EP) and is similar to dutch, Afrikaans which is also similar to dutch and even in Indonesia they might still speak some dutch).

We don't have one accent that's considdered to be ''redneck/hilbilly'' but being dutch you can hear in what region of the country (as tiny as it might be) someone grew up. The words people use and how they construct their sentences usually gives away if they're complete utter morons or normies xD

I really dislike the 'Murican Southern accent which might come due to me meeting a few moronic stereoptype rednecks IRL. I'm okay with accent up north like Boston, as PJ mentioned also canadian, australian, kiwi, brittish (I love brittish accent, specially on woman) are all fine to me.
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 07-08-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Banned
    It sounded like an educated accent, if there can be such a thing as that.
    In England I would say "The Queen's" or Oxford English to be the "educated" accent (which remains to be seen if it actually is ). At the other end of things cockney can be damn near unintelligible to those unfamiliar with it. But yeah for such a relatively small place (The whole of the British Isles is smaller than the Canadian province of Ontario where I live) the accents around the British Isles can really, really varied. Had a neighbor from Dublin once and I could hardly understand him when he got excited over something. And then there's Scottish... Haggis anyone?

Straya cvnts
    I might be proud but atleast i'm proud of something.
    You've taken pride in becoming nothing.

Meika?

Quote Originally Posted by AshFace View Post
    Straya cvnts
    + 1

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AshFace View Post
    Straya cvnts
    Lol 1++

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    We don't have one accent that's considdered to be ''redneck/hilbilly'' but being dutch you can hear in what region of the country (as tiny as it might be) someone grew up. The words people use and how they construct their sentences usually gives away if they're complete utter morons or normies xD
    I assume you mean the eastern accents? haha. Tbh I hate the western "accent" as much.
    KatyPerry level 101 guardian - Forever

I could let these dream killers kill my self esteem. Or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams. - Kanye

Ohhhh yes. That is the most mature voice a US women can have, woooh they give me chills.