+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Through NPC's at Gathering Hall - Ehres Harbor.
    Click on the city, not its bindstone to port to it free of charge.
    Nice

IGN: Lohe - Human Guardian - lvl 97

Rule Number 1, when playing these types of games... DO NOT LISTEN to all the knuckle-heads you meet that know little more than you. The best way to familiarize yourself with any game is starting out following the quests. There are more than a few Reset Stat and skill stones given along the way to make corrections as you go..

And DEAD WRONG .. All Scouts are not being built just to level faster and LEECH other Char's. Some of us are playing a scout for real and we are building them right. 100% all one stat is about the DUMBEST thing I ever heard. NO Char is built right if all stat point are put in one stat no matter what kind of Armor you build. 100% Dex built Scouts SUCK!! because it leaves you with virtually no PDF because you lack VIT. then to compensate you are stuck buying Armor that is loaded with VIT to compensate, and since those selling armor know that, the prices for armor already made is priced so high you need to rob a bank to load up RPS to buy and sell Challenge Scrolls to get enough money to buy it.. THIS IS WHATS WRONG WITH THE GAME!!

Depending on you Char and Class use your BRAIN and COMMONSENSE to build yourself. If you have placed all your points into one stat (What they calling "Pure Dex") then you are the fool for listening. DEX Along is not how to build anything, certainly not a Scout.

There is an "Unknown" max. Meaning at some point the benefits of putting points into a stat STOP. No one knows what that is, but I can tell you this, if there was no max then going 100% Agility you would never get hit.. but that is not the case, you can build PURE Agility, have max infused armor with Agility and still you get hit.. Why? because maybe just maybe, once you hit a specific number , for example lets say 280 points... additional points added beyond that do not change anything.. you just wasted points that should have been used elsewhere, like Vit.

Figure it out.... there are level 90 + in this game that do not know what they are doing.. they look good in the Armor, they try to get Bragging rights killing Lowbies.. but they are built wrong and give wrong advice all day long. You can look in may places to understand any and all games based on the Premises of 6 stats (Strength, Dex, Agility, Intel, Psyche, Vitality). All these games are based on the Grand Father of them All D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) in which a one stat char was worthless. and a one stat char here is just as worthless.

Leveling is not hard if you follow the quests and aim to build a real char.
    We are not all building a scout to leech you or our own chars because it is easy.

These are the kinds of things the Real Noobs claim....

Run Into my scout one day, trust me he is not all Dex, He is Built to Survive PVE, and his skill build is to Survive and win in PVP situations.

Good Luck

And if you are a scout and built PURE DEX.. Stop claiming you can leech someone.. you can't unless you have a totem and a priest. Pure dex scout spends more time dead and being resurrected than it spends alive and playing the game.. and that is a fact.

I have played Scouts in Rohan.PH, Rohan Blood Feud, Now in this and in Dragona, Cabal, and some older games... a pure build scout is PURE TRASH!!

Well to be fair it's a bit hard to tell who is a knuckle-head and who is legit when you start from 0. Currently yea following quest seems fastest way, starting to get the hang of it.

Thanks for the warning

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHavoc View Post
    Rule Number 1, when playing these types of games... DO NOT LISTEN to all the knuckle-heads you meet that know little more than you. The best way to familiarize yourself with any game is starting out following the quests. There are more than a few Reset Stat and skill stones given along the way to make corrections as you go..

And DEAD WRONG .. All Scouts are not being built just to level faster and LEECH other Char's. Some of us are playing a scout for real and we are building them right. 100% all one stat is about the DUMBEST thing I ever heard. NO Char is built right if all stat point are put in one stat no matter what kind of Armor you build. 100% Dex built Scouts SUCK!! because it leaves you with virtually no PDF because you lack VIT. then to compensate you are stuck buying Armor that is loaded with VIT to compensate, and since those selling armor know that, the prices for armor already made is priced so high you need to rob a bank to load up RPS to buy and sell Challenge Scrolls to get enough money to buy it.. THIS IS WHATS WRONG WITH THE GAME!!

Depending on you Char and Class use your BRAIN and COMMONSENSE to build yourself. If you have placed all your points into one stat (What they calling "Pure Dex") then you are the fool for listening. DEX Along is not how to build anything, certainly not a Scout.

There is an "Unknown" max. Meaning at some point the benefits of putting points into a stat STOP. No one knows what that is, but I can tell you this, if there was no max then going 100% Agility you would never get hit.. but that is not the case, you can build PURE Agility, have max infused armor with Agility and still you get hit.. Why? because maybe just maybe, once you hit a specific number , for example lets say 280 points... additional points added beyond that do not change anything.. you just wasted points that should have been used elsewhere, like Vit.

Figure it out.... there are level 90 + in this game that do not know what they are doing.. they look good in the Armor, they try to get Bragging rights killing Lowbies.. but they are built wrong and give wrong advice all day long. You can look in may places to understand any and all games based on the Premises of 6 stats (Strength, Dex, Agility, Intel, Psyche, Vitality). All these games are based on the Grand Father of them All D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) in which a one stat char was worthless. and a one stat char here is just as worthless.

We are not all building a scout to leech you or our own chars because it is easy.

Run Into my scout one day, trust me he is not all Dex, He is Built to Survive PVE, and his skill build is to Survive and win in PVP situations.

Good Luck

And if you are a scout and built PURE DEX.. Stop claiming you can leech someone.. you can't unless you have a totem and a priest. Pure dex scout spends more time dead and being resurrected than it spends alive and playing the game.. and that is a fact.

I have played Scouts in Rohan.PH, Rohan Blood Feud, Now in this and in Dragona, Cabal, and some older games... a pure build scout is PURE TRASH!!
    I'm playing full DEX scout, literally every point I got went to dex and I'm doing fine. I'm tankier than most random scouts I meet and my dmg is sublime.

I'm playing this game for 9 years at almost every server that existed. I've mostly played ''pures'' and it worked out verry well. At Origin you can't go pure stats for most chars since you'll need some dex for accuracy + some vit rest goes to your main damage stat.

However, since scout/ranger = dex, you can go full dex. You just gotta select your gear/accesorys carefully so that you get some defense as well (also on my gear I focus on dex and vit, no pdf)

So yea, don't listen to all those knukle-heads, you can go full DEX at scout and be good. Just gotta know how to build the rest of your char and how to play it ^^
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by Lohend View Post

Well to be fair it's a bit hard to tell who is a knuckle-head and who is legit when you start from 0. Currently yea following quest seems fastest way, starting to get the hang of it.

Thanks for the warning
    The age of someone's forum account (2011 is oldest since that's when the forum got renewed) + the amount of posts can tell you something about if somoene's been around for a long time or new. This isn't failproof tho, most people in rohan are braindead low IQ idiots. My dog learned tricks faster than half the people here learn how this game works. I've spend so much time explaining stuff to people and most of the time they still **** up their builds, items etc.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    The age of someone's forum account (2011 is oldest since that's when the forum got renewed) + the amount of posts can tell you something about if somoene's been around for a long time or new. This isn't failproof tho, most people in rohan are braindead low IQ idiots. My dog learned tricks faster than half the people here learn how this game works. I've spend so much time explaining stuff to people and most of the time they still **** up their builds, items etc.
    Amen, 1 post doesn't mean ****

But then again I'm no forum warrior

And only have 9 posts, let's keep it under 20 :>
    I might be proud but atleast i'm proud of something.
    You've taken pride in becoming nothing.

Meika?

Question about pets:

Are regular pets worth it I.E Bear/Kahto? How does the pet system work as i see no pet food for sale? (can't seem to find any info about Origin pet system)
    Other pets seem to be time limited that im not sure about if they are worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by AshFace View Post

Crap, getting near that 20 mark, should start deleting first posts....

Quote Originally Posted by AshFace View Post

Yea but you'll always be a Lil (but very passive agressive) nubbie XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lohend View Post
    Question about pets:

Are regular pets worth it I.E Bear/Kahto? How does the pet system work as i see no pet food for sale? (can't seem to find any info about Origin pet system)
    Other pets seem to be time limited that im not sure about if they are worth it...
    Crap, getting near that 20 mark, should start deleting first posts....
    Feed them any kind of armour/weapons. They never grow hungry and can get up to lvl 3.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHavoc View Post

Good Luck

I just kindly like to point out that agility does more than just giving evasion. Adding agility at a certain point may not benefit you much more in the defense (aka evasion) department, but it will benefit you in the offensive one as more agility means also higher damage output.
    I would also like to point out the plethora of full strength and full vit builds on many rohan versions.

Other than that, I'd eventually like to point out that my full VIT defender and full VIT dragon sage probably deals a ton more raw dmg output per hit than your "well balanced" scout - just because I can.
    And because full stat builds are actually viable.

Not to mention that, whilst doing so, it also adds a crapton of defense your scout or any scout for that matter will ever get near to.

This does not mean, however, that indeed dividing points over several stats can't be viable. One should build their char to their preference. Some prefer balanced, some prefer going full out on one stat. You cannot expect someone to advise in doing the opposite of what they themselves are actually doing. Since, after all, one can only speak out of experience.

IJS.
    But what do I know. I just started here - I'm new, I don't know how this community works and I lack a lot of experience in anything above level 90.
    Dragona, Cabal, and whatever game is also quite irrelevant to this particular discussion.

But thanks for your input!
    #Post+1
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfez View Post
    ----Aaaannnddd I think you're 50+? XD no?
    Lol..You're too mean ma friend. I think its 60+

Just kidding
    minus 25
    I am Bahamut
    Retired - XxxHAZAMAxxX
    112 - Dragon Knight

EX - [GM]Vulcanus (R.I.P.)