+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Moment you meet your old ex.... URGENT CALL FOR HELP!

So, this is one of those topics again.

Hi,

After randomly jumping around in the internet I by accident pump into my old ex. "Rohan: Blood fe..." wait what? relaunch?? "Origin"???

All those sleepless nights...

Few hours later i find myself level 20+ and getting killed by same level mobs like a pug on a car windshield. At first I Consider it must be because of no equipment from "training area" that was in RBF.

3-4 deaths later i blame myself as a noob that doesn't know how to play any longer, time to jump into forums.
    Yet searching at forums i cant find any new player guides for "new" skills or builds i could follow.

So im open for advice:

1#
    What kind of guardian/defender built is viable atm when you start out as a total noob? (any hints for stats and skills is appreciated ) All of the skills have changed....

2#
    How the hell should i get any viable equipment to grind, even forging takes crones now? I cant even afford healing potions...

3#
    ...and where should i grind and at what levels? No way i'm entering Ahkma dungeon with current rags...

Br,
    Lohe

#1: Save yourself the trouble and level a scout first. Starting out it's really hard to get dex and you'll basically miss 9/10 attacks with any melee class. Also, scouts are the best farmers in the game and everyone just uses their scout to boost their other characters.

#2: Back when the game opened, we all leveled roughly the same so there was lots of supply/demand for armor/weps leveling up. Now, to going to be near impossible to find those armor/weps because most people are at endgame and that stuff is useless. Basically, most people don't even level these days till like 60/70+ because everyone just gets boosted or begs to be boosted all day. Can't even begin to explain how many fking "xp only sir" messages I get a day. Having said that, pm Arrow and next time I farm I'll boost you to help out.

#3: follow the main quest. Before lvl 50, you basically level with actual experience and mob killing. After lvl 50 you focus on quest items which drop from mobs and give you a ton of xp when you complete the quest. Also do minor/inter/sup dungeon everyday to help with xp/rewards. Might be hard to find minor parties these days but inter is fairly active still I think.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Don't be that guy numer #674948765 who plays a scout, just because everyone else does and because it's the easiest way out.
    Fun fact: being an actual good scout isn't as easy as described and 90% of all scouts ingame suck donkey balls and have no clue how to actually play their class. The only reason they survive is because we tolerate them as long as they spam Death Chaser.

The same amount of scouts are also unable to efficiently solo and are forced to remain stuck with magic mobs till eternity.

Forget what you remember of iRBF and reconsider. Damage here for the biggest part does not come from stat amplifiers. Ergo, putting strength will usually not result in (much) higher damage output. What seems to be important are the white stats and, as such, enhancing your weapons (+1 -> +10) plays a major role. For that reason, you should always play with the next tier ancient weapon and/or have your current one enhanced as high as possible.

Defenders/guardians: not taking any accuracy % boosts into account, you will need up to 4 times your lvl in dex to 'almost never miss'. In pvE that is. PvP isn't that bad and you'll hit decently on anything other than AGI.
    Now, going near full dex is of course not really an option (unless you want to), so it's up to you to find a balance between 1 dex a lvl, 2 dex a lvl or putting some base dex and get rest through your gear.

Since strength doesn't play a major role, you can, in all honesty, forgo it altogether and put VIT instead.
    "But sir, I won't be doing any damage?!" - as I said, forget about what you think you knew.

As a guardian, you will get an accuracy % skill (aim blow), sundries also sells 10% accuracy socket stones (2 hrs if i'm not mistaken) so you can put that on both main and offhand weapon. I suggest a build like 3 vit 1dex or as many dex points as you prefer.
    Dex also boosts critical damage through invoke, although it's fairly negligible - but you may as well have it.

As a defender, I would personally forget about dex and go full vit. You are required to tank and people will hate you for it if you can't.
    For leveling purposes, you can always get some dex on armour and sockets. Having a permanent costume also helps by getting some 1 day sundries sockets. Also no need to get invoke here. On your armour, you'll be mostly focusing on as much VIT you can get in addition to some pdef and/or armour def %.
    In case you cannot find the right parts due to various reasons, I tend to go with VIT/INT as well in order to boost my magical resistance/defense. Your damage mostly comes from Leader's Mind every 60 seconds and lasting 9.7 seconds.

All this will net you with a serious HP pool without gimping too much in your offensive department.
    Provided your weapons are always up to date and you invest in enhancing them when leveling becomes a struggle. Your endgame will exist out of tanking in elemental dungeon as much as possible as there is almost nothing else to do at the moment.

Seriously, there's nothing else to do.

Oh and: do NOT level your imbue (frozen/blazing/darkness..), but get sharpen blade instead. I had to explain sharpen blade to a lvl 95 defender, who insisted on frozen till I explained it.
    You do not want to be that guy.

Also; forget about Ahkma and all that. Grind on the maps, following the quest lines. It's a hassle till 50 unless you get a boost by someone who knows what he's doing. After that, it's a stroll through the park.
    Your first actual gear should be Sedorian. Starters Sedorian Stats don't really matter. Get one ASAP and work on something better and/or save for Natu. We all bought Sedorian from insignia's, getting the most random stats when we began. We survived, so shall you.

I also suggest to follow a quick course Indonesian, if you haven't had any yet so far.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Just joined, huh... Could always look for a guild also. Sadistic is helpful.
    Origins
    BlueEyes - Priest
    LickMyCrit - Hybrid Avenger
    TasteMyArrow - Scout
    Arisu - Vit/Int Sage
    Manix - Warlock
    Come Join Sadistic!!

KOS
    GodOfBots

I should tell you, your "Ex" is a needy attention whore who will demand all of your time, energy and commitment and will give very little back - mentally, physically and emotionally. Your "Ex" will suck out your soul like only the best of energy vampires can do and trust me, this particular "ex" is the master of energy vampires. Be prepared as you walk this path, but go forth with my wise words. You have been warned. Nps!

;p

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    I should tell you, your "Ex" is a needy attention whore who will demand all of your time, energy and commitment and will give very little back - mentally, physically and emotionally. Your "Ex" will suck out your soul like only the best of energy vampires can do and trust me, this particular "ex" is the master of energy vampires. Be prepared as you walk this path, but go forth with my wise words. You have been warned. Nps!

;p
    I lolled huehue
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Thank you all for the feedback.

After few more hours ingame I yea have found out that it is hardly anything like RBF: items, prices, mobs, even map is different as i remember. I have been away from this game that i don't even know how most mechanics work... boosting? forging has changed? some kind of tokens you can buy stuff for?

"I shall be forever known as the guy who didn't play scout class!!!"
    Still pushing for guardian/defender and went 1Dex 3Vit, seems to hold its own against mobs at least. Managed to get 30+ last night by following main quest. Equipment is nothing to speak of, as my main stat is Vit seems i can put less effort on equipment at lower levels.

- Whats with that +1 to +10 stuff? where and how or when should i start looking into it? I know its basic stuff but... I need to know... "Back in my days we had option stones!"

- What is this boosting stuff? How does it work? (also thanks for the offer GMElite, be careful what you promise, might abuse you in future ) Boosting used to be party grinds with scrolls back in my days...??

- Quicky: Where to get some low lvl ring and bracers for early lvls str/vit/dex?

- Now the important question, how do I farm crones or items that i could sell for crones? Found some repeatable quest that give me 500 crones per run, ill be rich by year 2078. Everything i loot is worth about 50 crones...

Quote Originally Posted by MrPanix View Post
    Just joined, huh... Could always look for a guild also. Sadistic is helpful.
    Ill start looking into Guilds when time is right and i actually can contribute to Guild. *Sadistic noted*

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    ...I also suggest to follow a quick course Indonesian, if you haven't had any yet so far.
    Im all about Indonesian... wait... you don't mean food?

;p
    Untill she doesn't sparkle..... OOOoouu wait, damit
    Last edited by Lohend; 06-28-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Seems i need to hit level 40 today to get login event rewards... http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29523

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I lolled huehue
    <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lohend View Post
    Thank you all for the feedback.

Im too tired too answer all of your questions atm but I can prolly help you out with some crones and some items that could help you out a bit till you lvl up a bit more. Due to some rather stressful rl issues Im not playing that game atm so I'm not in need of the crones I have. Dont even know what I have left tho, But I can pop in game later and take a look.

Pm MsAbella if your online in a little bit, if Im there, Im there, If I'm not, I'm not;p

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

<3 <3

Im too tired too answer all of your questions atm but I can prolly help you out with some crones and some items that could help you out a bit till you lvl up a bit more. Due to some rather stressful rl issues Im not playing that game atm so I'm not in need of the crones I have. Dont even know what I have left tho, But I can pop in game later and take a look.

Pm MsAbella if your online in a little bit, if Im there, Im there, If I'm not, I'm not;p
    Well can't join atm, need to get some RL stuff done. Will be online later today evening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast