+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Natu Gaunts

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    most were inactive anyway.
    Shame to hear about the guild. Was a fun group of peeps and a lot of familiar faces that were good to see.
    Thing is, two things kinda dawned on me:

1.) Weather was improving so back to dag and other hobbies. Learning woodworking, leatherworking, and then building stuff has an insane buy-in cost, and I really don't need the temptation to spend more on games which I already don't play much.

2.) The old pace of RBF and the uniqueness of the skills and builds was the main reason why I enjoyed it so much. R:O's different-ness to R:BF, especially given its poor balance and bugged stats compared to launch R:BF was quickly removing the silver lining of the nostalgia-factor. Yes, it's the "same game" but so much of the good in the original game has also been removed, too. Small subtleties in smart design of the map layout and so on. The gravity of certain hubs for activity. The desire to group up and just cleave through a huge zerg of mobs with whoever would be willing to join. It's a culmination of all the little things. Even with the improved bad-classes like Scout and Warlock, and even with more fair systems like higher forge rates, the lack of RPK, and so on, the major question of "is this fun?" resulted in an increasingly-pronounced "no" as the days passed. Everything needs to be done a certain way, even in PvE. It usually comes in the form of alts on stat-boosting defensive builds like priests and defenders. The very nature of needing to multi-box and manage it all. Instead of grinding levels and playing the game and socializing and messing around with new gear just to push further, I was overly-desperate to find the BiS gear to stay somewhat usable while logging in to grind insignias and daily dungeon runs rather than mobs.

I guess it's just there's so little room for innovation in the game. I can only imagine it's gotten more stagnant as people have leveled up and put my theories into practice.

I'll still probably lurk around these boards just to see what's going on, but my vigor has been stymied for the most part. As I've gotten to be a better fighter in real life in SCA and dag, I've felt less-inclined to want to play video games and spend more time improving those skills and related newfound hobbies. Turns out, I've got some kind of natural inclinations towards some very unconventional styles of combat, and can put on a show despite still being a novice overall.
    Last edited by soulholder; 06-24-2017 at 12:23 AM.
    Former-forum Overlord
    HellHunter