+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Halk elf peircing root??

Anyone know if it's really based on INT or is that a type o?

Duration seems to scale at level 5 properly. The damage... I don't know. Seems like a waste to try for damage, though.

200 int archer should be capable of infinite rooting someone, though. I knoe fot sure long-term I will gear into this type of build.
    Former-forum Overlord
    HellHunter

Ty .... That seems like it can be achieved fairly easily with the right gear

They gotta fix wing foot from rangers, its the most 20 seconds of bull**** everytime I use it.
    Magical - Templar -"Remember the Enmity"- <33

PRO- GUITARIST, SOCCER PLAYER AND SURFER
    Frank
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Mtk...eature=related
    Batman ~ 108 str Dhan

Banned
    There's a lot of skills they nerfed that way from the latest stuff they did in RBF.

Int shield is only good for about 10 sec max as well.

Having permanent winged foot gave rangers too big of a mobility advantage when kiting in pvp.

I wish they had reworked it to some kind of 'when not in combat' but that's probably too hard for them to figure out considering random mob attacks.
    I'd love to use it for transportation since I find mounts irritating because of the 'cast' time and getting stuck in a pile of mobs when they crit me
    Zedya - Scout 76

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    There's a lot of skills they nerfed that way from the latest stuff they did in RBF.

Int shield is only good for about 10 sec max as well.

Having permanent winged foot gave rangers too big of a mobility advantage when kiting in pvp.
    This is simply not true, it's been balanced on other servers for a long time. Multiple classes have gap closing stuns or long range skills/roots/slows which can counter rangers. Beside that they don't have any way in resisting CC. They should have just changed the damage accordingly and let WF remain the same but with a % speed nerf (lvl 7 gives 80% mobility).

Atm ranger is like avenger, except for the fact they don't have as much damage, nor can they stack damage (AS and such are missing) and their attackspeed is too low and they don't have any cc resist(shadow). They are basically sitting ducks with some burst dmg.

Everything a ranger can, a scout can too, but better. They could as well just delete ranger class I guess.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    At the moment, I do not see any reason to pick a ranger above a Scout. Be it pvE (obviously), or pvP.
    They bring nothing to the table, since scouts can make use of the base attack values the ranger has (xbow), and have better party skills.

Death chaser alone already is more than enough to have the scale incline towards the Scout class.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    I agree with both you guys. But ranger still is better for 1v1 since scouts are heavily aoe and bow-oriented. Crossbows are slower but do one hella lot more damage with the ranger's xbow skills. That said, i am levelling my source mostly with an xbow at least until I can get my 100% scattershot online. Then the xbows go to KissMyCrit which will be my ranger project once the scout is done.

I think WF could be left as it was or nerfed and made permanent; even the 10% bonus baseline movespeed the HE used to have over the other classes is no longer in the game. The ranger has very limited scope in GvG, especially since its Alacrity is worse than the Scout's, which is also party-wide on what's already a very damage-utility-heavy pick for Death Chaser, and the Archer alone can bring permanent single-target CC-locking. Though this doesn't help against Rush and Death Call and the likes since skill ranges are not modified by Long Shot and have the same distance as these gap-closing CC skills. At the very least, I'd like to see WF be given no cast time/animations in its current state like it used to. It'd allow it to at least be used as a proper disengage.

That said, I suspect the ranger's endgame damage will be the best in the game, per this post I made earlier about weapons for the scout and implications for the crossbow and the ranger:

Quote Originally Posted by soulholder View Post
    If you play AA-based with scatter shot, the bow will scale better. The crossbow is better for those utilizing skill rotations and proper AA resets via interrupting crossbow animations and casting. If you're unfamiliar with the crossbow and use AA's a lot, your kill speed will drop significantly versus that of a good bow in the later levels; weapons early on provide a lot of static offensive pressure through base weapon damage, and the scout doesn't shine until gaining access to most of their skills at ranks 5+ in the mid-80's and early 90's. The pre-70 levels certainly favor crossbows, especially since bow mastery won't be maxed to even come close to reaching the difference in what's almost double the base weapon damage on the crossbow.

Kiting with a crossbow is easier because it has a substantially longer attack range, to which Long Shot also scales further ahead of the bow. However, if comparing a good crossbow to a good bow, since the range is only applied to AA's, the bow performs similarly in a purely kiting setting in respects to killing a target as it approaches. Though the crossbow build will be slightly more mobile given the periods of AA downtime into a full-run between its animations.

At the higher levels where Scatter shot and so on have a higher level of precedence, I suspect a crit-based bow will out-damage a crossbow in all fronts in PvE. My initial thought on the scout, which seems to be holding pretty true, is that a crossbow should be used mostly in PvP-based builds - skipping bow mastery entirely - while a bow should be used in PvE for the AA and AoE speed on Scatter Shot. I suspect PvP endgame crossbows (The legendary ones) should move to RA/Weapon Attack over crit chance due to an enhanced Legendary crossbow based on current trends having close to if not more than 2000 base weapon damage, while the bow will cap in the 1300ish area. Expecting a 4-5% amount of RA/WA per part on the 16 parts needed to make the weapon, this would imply 64-70% Ranged attack and similar stats on Weapon Attack, boosting effective white WA/pure RA from the crossbow stats alone to well into the 3000's which then gets re-scaled by the % RA since WA will contribute to Ranged attack appropriately - now pushing over 4000 RA from a weapon alone. Doing so will effectively multiply base damage by a factor of three if my numbers are correct in how weapon damage scales on defense, and will likely double PvP damage at near-endgame stats - substantially more than the gains from critical hits suggest as dex plateaus into the ~1.5k-2k mark, as crits will be only boosted by this static amount, and not every attack will be guaranteed to crit. I suspect that even the Ranger's Critical Shot, which also has a built-in extra dex:crit scaling on the attack, will still deal less damage in a crit-oriented build than one which runs WA utilizing a crossbow (which also takes advantage of gains from Mastery - Woohoo ~5000 RA from weapons alone!)

That being said, the bow still has plenty of purpose in PvP and is an option in particular for playing crits; the stagger effect on-crit can delay enemies, and the gains from speed wind at the estimated 40% crit chance with the legendary bow specced for crit will potentially allow scouts to shoot with relative safety with the constant staggering on top of more Frozen procs and permanent CC locking given 200 int.
    The reasoning being that 2k dex with such crazy RA numbers will only provide 3400 total RA from stats as opposed to the 5k+ from the crossbow. Modified by another 30% from SW this gets huge. Then add Death Chaser and hardcore scaling from Murder Shot and Critical Shot (better than the scout's), as well as Siege Shot applying to skill damage now, I expect nobody's burst to come close except for the Scout's with AiO with a crossbow. Even then, I think this value will fall off later on.

The only issue is defense in GvG. The ranger's utility is *only* good in strict 1v1 settings (CC locking, Silence, Toxic Pot), while the scout brings some GvG purpose via spreading Death Chaser/hard-hitting AoE's, and party dex. Dhans and the likes still have a lot to gain from stealth, higher innate defensive stats, and higher defensive stats from either strength for pdef or agility for evasion against strength builds. The class may be best off just playing full vit from how squishy and defenseless it is.
    Last edited by soulholder; 04-29-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    Former-forum Overlord
    HellHunter