+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How long has this beta been out?

Am an old Rohan:bf player (been like 5 years tho) and wanted to know how long the beta has been out?

I made a human yesterday (going for defender) and am noticing that other than on the main quest pathway (is this the only quest??) there seems to be no monsters.
    Monsters also seem to respawn nearly instantly, and since I'm not really crowd control I'm suffering in the early low level bad equipment stage rather badly.

I hit 30 just now and used a skill reset stone (event gift for level) because as usual I had built myself dumb, and i picked the bottom option since it looked and read the closest to "give back all points and skill stones". of course it gave me points and deleted skill stones. I submitted a ticket for this because the english is probably bad but knowing Rohan they'll say "sorry we can't do anything"

Should I make a new character or wait until they flesh the game out some more? Not really seeing people around so I can't party either.

I'm not trying to complain too hard bc I understand a beta is a beta but it's kinda frustrating now that my character is even more ****.
    Also what the **** did they do to rising might, it's worthless now. I get not buffing others but it's a totally skeptical 'defense' skill that looks like ****

EDIT: lel I'm used to cursing online, oops
    EDIT2: how to I teleport? getting anywhere is a pain
    Last edited by YueZED; 04-26-2017 at 06:59 AM.
    Zedya - Scout 76

Too many bugs, they should have kept it in closed beta as they decided to change state of the game into "initial" release by putting it into "Open" Beta.

Every week there is patch but there is 0 patch notes on what was updated. Wait about 2-3 more months until everything clears up.
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9913&dateline=1492555  956

It's not even bugs for me because I can play a buggy game forever if its fun but there's literally 0 content from level 1 to 30 outside of the main quest from what I can tell. Are they training people to enjoy the standard level grind? "hit level 25 and talk to person" is all i experienced

I mean I finally made it to Akhma cave (due to memories of it being full of parties and people killing each other out front) and it's empty and nobody is even near it.

And since you can't teleport to it as far as I can tell, the low level of mobs inside is dumb since everything around it would kill a new player
    Last edited by YueZED; 04-26-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    Zedya - Scout 76

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    There are actually patchnotes... im just saying.
    Bit late but nonetheless.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YueZED View Post
    It's not even bugs for me because I can play a buggy game forever if its fun but there's literally 0 content from level 1 to 30 outside of the main quest from what I can tell. Are they training people to enjoy the standard level grind? "hit level 25 and talk to person" is all i experienced

I mean I finally made it to Akhma cave (due to memories of it being full of parties and people killing each other out front) and it's empty and nobody is even near it.

And since you can't teleport to it as far as I can tell, the low level of mobs inside is dumb since everything around it would kill a new player
    teleporting anywhere in the game is simple. Open the map. Navigate to the map containing the bind that you want to travel. Click that bindstone. You will be asked if you want to go there and present the cost in crones to get there. The higher level you get the more crones it costs to go anywhere. Nut kist like you had to buy portal stones, you have to pay per use with the map porting.

Downside: portal stones were a det price. Map porting costs goes up with level (at around lvl 60 you are paying in the neighborhood of 20k crones per pop). There are exceptions:

Human town: One of the east bindstones is free. The other (near consignment) costs.
    Dhan town : Free
    Eheres Harbor (old Gathering Hall - the ship, not the bindstone!): Free

Everywhere else will cost to port you there.

There are drops and VIP awards that reduce portal transport cost for you.

For content, take a look at the title system (CMS Icon on the right of the screen near where GH used to be). There are all kinds of quests you can do to earn titles. Titles add stats and give you other permanent benefits like the old tokens and seals). Also be sure to check out the VIP system - you get all kinds of benefits and perks for leveling up, spending crones at npcs and logging in there.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-26-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Ah thank you, that's helpful @ teleporting.

I do like the vip system content but I hadn't checked out the title system since I was walking everywhere. It's just disconcerting to be 30 and hit the quests tab and select 'available quests' and it's empty...
    There should be quests all over the place at milestones to provide for people who don't want to just hit nearby monsters. even if exp is low, small potion and item rewards are sorely missing
    Zedya - Scout 76

i was pre lvl 30 so all I was getting was gear. I'd wear the best stuff but since I didn't understand the transport system I walked alll the way back to town once to forge noyd armor because I was getting killed
    Seems like sale prices for random drops are crap low too, like 20 crone
    Zedya - Scout 76

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YueZED View Post
    Ah thank you, that's helpful @ teleporting.

I do like the vip system content but I hadn't checked out the title system since I was walking everywhere. It's just disconcerting to be 30 and hit the quests tab and select 'available quests' and it's empty...
    There should be quests all over the place at milestones to provide for people who don't want to just hit nearby monsters. even if exp is low, small potion and item rewards are sorely missing
    Here's a small tip for leveling in Origin:

Once you start getting to some of the other maps there are repeatable gathering quests (drops from mobs) you can do that give you exp and crones at each of the the main quest stops. They are a great way to level and build up your bank quickly. Here is how to maximize those:

At the beginning of each map standing near the main quest NPC is an NPC that will offer a repeatable quest. Accept that quest. While you are working through that map gather as many of the drops specified by that npc as you can. Work your way through the map along the main quest line. Don't accept any more of the repeatable quests or cash in any of those drops.

When you get to the last main quest NPC in the current map, cash in ALL of the drops you got. You will get at least a couple levels. Move on to the first main quest NPC in the new map and clear the level (you will be beyond what it expects) and accept the repeatable quest from the NPC next to it to find out what you need for drops in that map. If there are3 types of drops, just collect the most plentiful one - you don't need both unless you want to collect them. repeat what you did with the previous map working through your levels and collecting the drops until the lase main quest NPC for that map.

Gather all drops for a particular map (the 1st repeatable NPC fdo the map will tell you what the drop you need is).

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Here's a small tip for leveling in Origin:

Once you start getting to some of the other maps there are repeatable gathering quests (drops from mobs) you can do that give you exp and crones at each of the the main quest stops. They are a great way to level and build up your bank quickly. Here is how to maximize those:

At the beginning of each map standing near the main quest NPC is an NPC that will offer a repeatable quest. Accept that quest. While you are working through that map gather as many of the drops specified by that npc as you can. Work your way through the map along the main quest line. Don't accept any more of the repeatable quests or cash in any of those drops.

When you get to the last main quest NPC in the current map, cash in ALL of the drops you got. You will get at least a couple levels. Move on to the first main quest NPC in the new map and clear the level (you will be beyond what it expects) and accept the repeatable quest from the NPC next to it to find out what you need for drops in that map. If there are3 types of drops, just collect the most plentiful one - you don't need both unless you want to collect them. repeat what you did with the previous map working through your levels and collecting the drops until the lase main quest NPC for that map.

Gather all drops for a particular map (the 1st repeatable NPC fdo the map will tell you what the drop you need is).
    +1 on repeatable quest..
    quest at lvl50 gives around 15% xp.. its really hard for the 1st character to level. my tip is make your 1st character a PVE afterwards your 2nd character will be easy to be level.

solo leveling is much better early levels as long as you are PVE type char. (pred, scout, warlock....etc) also you can abuse the M.kill if you kill mobs fast enough.. almost all of the skills has been changed, you might have a look on each class skills.