+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    How the **** does that beat MR?
    Because you can't fucking afford it on origin. Call me a carebear and a farmer, but you are for a system that requires you to farm like no other.

Implementing MR now constitutes for a p2w game as the amount required is either deducted indirectly from your bankaccount, or directly from your gearing funds, since everyone is still working on those.

Meaning at this stage, there is maybe one guild that is willing to give up progress for MR.
    How does that, in any way, help for a strong pvp basis that will ensure future and long term endgame pvp?

For all the other reasons, see above.

Think outside the box, where others cannot.

Also, I'm very reasonable. As you can read in my first few posts there is absolutely zero hostility.

I find it however very thick of people like LadyIntegra and whoever per above to put it the way she did, when they're the ones resolving to call others carebears, idiots, farmers, nolifers and what not when someone either does not immediately agrees, or gets the point due to lack of any coherent input to begin with and just back each other up without actually reading, assuming that one is automatically against pvp if he does not want the exact same old system that never really worked to begin with.

Instead insisting on 'it's not my job, learn to play, you're a carebear'.
    Hypocrisy at its best.

I don't need anyone to agree with my point of view, but I'll shove it down your throat till you suffocate on it, if you have no reason nor respect.

Difference is, if after all mr or hks are implemented, I'll suck it up in comparison to these people who will instead take it out on others and/or give up, because when it gets hard thats where they quit.

Hence the request for features just like hk and mr.

So, here is my kind middlefinger: suck it up.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 04-27-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Why do i play origin?
    To have some fun and new friends.
    I go pvp/pk because of competition/ game politics,
    Some wants pk so that they can kick @ss lowbies which they cant do in real world. Just to satisfy their frustrations in life..

Banned
    How the **** does that beat MR?
    Read my posts objectively. I explained it over and over and over and...

The thing is most people responding are looking at the whole thing from one side of the story. Those on one side can't seem to wrap their heads around that there are others that look at it from the direct opposite view. Rohan does not work if everything is focused 90/10 toward either end of that spectrum.

Real solutions need to look at both views and come up with something caters to both. Neither side gets 100% of what they want, but both sides get something they need.

I am seeing the gvg solution as the best course toward trying to address both sides of the Rohan experience - both PvP and PvE. The farmers get to do their thing in peace, and the KoSing/Guild warring is free to go at it to their hearts content without draining their guild find of crones (you really don't think MR would be cheap do you?). I don't see it as a bad thing. Are there bugs? I'm sure there are some that need fixing. Send a ticket. That is what betas are for.

But hey, the hardliners at both ends of the issue will never be happy unless they get it 100% their way and **** anyone else. You can't please everyone.

Personally I at looking closely at everything that is being done here and dreaming up ways to duplicate it. It just may give me enough material to take up deving again.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-27-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Read my posts objectively. I explained it over and over and over and...
    but why male models?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    Why not...

Why not...

The last one from the right, wasn't he prisoned and got famous while he was in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by KappaPride View Post
    The last one from the right, wasn't he prisoned and got famous while he was in prison?
    Nahhh, he has way more tatoos

Why not...

I see... I see...but why male models?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by bloodybladez3 View Post
    I heard that in the beginning (around 2008_, the area around Ahkma Cave was not a safe zone, and PvP there was brutal. How true is this?
    Very true. It also gets worse depending on how far back you go; originally, you didn't respawn in front of the cave and there was no NPC; you had to physically walk in. So you had to manage to get all the way from a bindstone and into the cave without being killed. Needless to say, there's a reason the NPC/respawn was put there. You had guilds of people in the 7x/8x levels literally just camping the pathways and bindstones all day long killing any lowbie trying to enter. The only safe entrance was by Par'talucca, which even then usually every hour or two someone would stroll in and wipe the few dhans/dekans trying to level up.
    But then the NPC was placed without a safe zone, so people just stood at the ready outside killing players endlessly while they were still respawning and in the loading screen. Some players on slower computers weren't able to actually even move on their characters for literally hours at a time depending on what guild they may have joined (which you couldn't leave while dead because it's a UI component). Other players literally made the game unplayable because of MR. Eventually the safe zone was added to offset this. And then people just started PK'ing inside the cave entrance doing the same thing with the loading screen kills/camping and running out when in danger. Better, but still basically gives these new players nothing to go with and makes the game hardly playable for many.

And when they'd ask for advice on where to level and find parties, the same high-level people or people who were already maxed out would tell them to go to Ahkma... which is where they were already trying to go/told to go and getting endlessly killed. Basically just a facepalm. For a know-nothing newbie, this is just frustrating, and they get up and leave the game.

It's like people either weren't here for how badly MR ****ed this game over, or didn't pay attention at all as to how much people abused the hell out of it. It's a good thing it's gone, and doesn't affect actual, legitimate GvG at all, while it only affects constant RPK since a kill every few hours is often all that's needed to prove a point or if really need be, take over a grinding spot/defend turf. Honestly, people complaining about MR being gone just because MR is gone irrespective of the fact there is a bug in in the GvG system, odds are largely the types of people who caused this game to invariably fail to begin with. The players were an initial problem that went unresolved, and the P2W and stat inflation ensued to keep the power-hungry-hippos gobbling down more pixel-power for revenue.

Not to mention MR screwed over rangers since the buff was 2H before and losing possibles at 1/hour meant either an hour of being weaker at 1 possible for Murder Shot, or needing to cast MR twice to benefit.
    Last edited by soulholder; 04-27-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    Former-forum Overlord
    HellHunter

Banned
    I see... I see...but why male models?
    What models would you prefer? I'm sure with a li'l googling I can find anything that you prefer instead.