+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    I don't know software engineer, why don't you explain it in your own words specially form that 35 years of experience?

I am not the one comparing software testing with a game testing.

You must be an idiot to compare a program made in Visual studio vs a program created in a game Engine. If you know what that even means, I think not.
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9913&dateline=1492555  956

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    If things dont change VERY soon I can see a whole dam bunch of people leaving. The system as it is, isn't working and we aren't all a bunch of dam carebears. I miss pvp, I miss pking, I miss being rpked! This is what made the Rohan unpredictable and fun, And I god dam miss Mr! (Not for me cuz being a priest, I dont need Mr, I have mobs to do the killing for me, but if I need help to kill someone/ or a pt and I get told "I got no possibles or "they won't go pink" then it is annoying asf!)
    ^This

I'm pretty sure everyone is the same 'cuz why else you'd be at Rohan? They should prolly implement like garden patches or smth so these ppl who don't want to pvp can go water their plants and watch the rest of us pvp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny245 View Post
    I don't know software engineer, why don't you explain it in your own words specially form that 35 years of experience?

I am not the one comparing software testing with a game testing.

You must be an idiot to compare a program made in Visual studio vs a program created in a game Engine. If you know what that even means, I think not.
    Um, what do you think the game engine is created in? BASIC or COBOL? Rohan client and map server is created in Visual C++.

Game testing IS software testing. What do you think the game is made of? Marshmallows? Do you even know what software is (hint -- it's not just the .exe and dll files)? Keerist!
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-26-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Yeah but you do not compare it with a software testing phase dumb ass.

Your comparing Car driving license test vs a truck one.... ofc they are both auto, as wheels etc. Both tests are different, there are so many things that are equal/same but are completely different in small ways but never mind, you are not even discussing whats on topic now, just trying so hard to be right.

But you are such a nerd about it, we went from comparing beta phases to what a software is made up of .exe or dll, it just shows how much of you got left in you about this topic.

I admit, I am just a designer, not a geek <3 and be happy at that point.

Have a good day arguing with yourself to think if you won or lost.
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9913&dateline=1492555  956

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyIntegra666 View Post
    ^This

I'm pretty sure everyone is the same 'cuz why else you'd be at Rohan? They should prolly implement like garden patches or smth so these ppl who don't want to pvp can go water their plants and watch the rest of us pvp.
    Use the guild battle system. If I am grinding/leveling I don't need some random yahoo high on MR killing me so I can't even venge him! If I want to get into pvp I will go piss of some guild and get them to register a battle with me and have at with them without having to dump bazillions of crones on MR (seriously -- look at the cost of the guild skills 8O Yikes!). Why would I need MR? Why would anybody need MR except to RPK people without consequences?

As I psoted before, Rohan: BF is still there along with its MR abuse and RPK fest. Maybe a lot of people will go back there (or out to whatever pserver is open this week)

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Use the guild battle system. If I am grinding/leveling I don't need some random yahoo high on MR killing me so I can't even venge him! If I want to get into pvp I will go piss of some guild and get them to register a battle with me and have at with them without having to dump bazillions of crones on MR (seriously -- look at the cost of the guild skills 8O Yikes!). Why would I need MR? Why would anybody need MR except to RPK people without consequences?

As I psoted before, Rohan: BF is still there along with its MR abuse and RPK fest. Maybe a lot of people will go back there (or out to whatever pserver is open this week)
    You maybe misread it or I don't know what, but the guild system isn't working properly.

Second why are you so scared of dying, if you get killed get the higher lvls in your guild to venge and that's how you get pvp. Plus, everyone is still lvling there wouldn't be much PKing at the moment.

Third, it's getting really annoying that you keep repeating people should leave Origins if they don't share YOUR opinion. As far as I see there are just 3 ppl here in this thread opposing to MR, everyone else is up for it. So maybe you should stop pointing us to the RBF.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Opposed to MR =/= opposed to PvP.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny245 View Post
    Yeah but you do not compare it with a software testing phase dumb ass.

Your comparing Car driving license test vs a truck one.... ofc they are both auto, as wheels etc. Both tests are different, there are so many things that are equal/same but are completely different in small ways but never mind, you are not even discussing whats on topic now, just trying so hard to be right.

But you are such a nerd about it, we went from comparing beta phases to what a software is made up of .exe or dll, it just shows how much of you got left in you about this topic.

I admit, I am just a designer, not a geek <3 and be happy at that point.

Have a good day arguing with yourself to think if you won or lost.
    Hmm, I seem to remember you being the one trying to tell me that game beta testing is not the same as software beta testing. I asked you to show me the difference. You are trying tell me you know better than I do what software beta testing means (and yes Rohan IS software. Or do you think it is hardware?). it does not matter what tools are used to derive that software whether it is Visual C++ (this was used to create both the Rohan and software client), or the various tools used to create the animation maps, textures, meshes, collision maps and even documentation. Everything output from that - from the dlls & exes to the pictures that are displayed in the loader is SOFTWARE. And all of that is subject to the testing cycles (unit, system/integration. alpha, beta, acceptance) all software gets (unless you are a piss poor software developer that likes fixing bugs for free after the product releases).
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-26-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyIntegra666 View Post
    You maybe misread it or I don't know what, but the guild system isn't working properly.

Second why are you so scared of dying, if you get killed get the higher lvls in your guild to venge and that's how you get pvp. Plus, everyone is still lvling there wouldn't be much PKing at the moment.

Third, it's getting really annoying that you keep repeating people should leave Origins if they don't share YOUR opinion. As far as I see there are just 3 ppl here in this thread opposing to MR, everyone else is up for it. So maybe you should stop pointing us to the RBF.
    You mistake my motives here. I am looking at Rohan: Origin as a Rohan server that is more balanced between PvP and PvE than RBF is. I am not saying I against PVP. I am saying I am against PVP that has no consequences for involving those folks that do not want to PVP with you. Not everyone wants to PvP with you so why should you be allowed to kill them in the middle of whatever they are doing just to give you some jollies? Is it fair to them? Perhaps you think is is fair to you. After all you don't care that it costs them crones to get back to where they were and it is not YOUR time being wasted on 2-hour stones & 1-hr scrolls. RBF allows this to happen and has huge amounts of MR and venge abuse because of it. There are a lot here that like that kind of thing. There are a lot that don't. I for one am not interested in turning RO into another RBF because I see PWI has made a lot of positive changes here that addresses a lot of RBF's shortcomings. RBF has done the "Create a server, make it similar, but different to the first servers, watch it fail" thikng over and over and failed every time. To those that think it should be open season on anybody simply because killing them relieves your boredom or you get kicks at seeing them rage at you, well RBF is already set up to cater to that playing style. I am pushing for RO to be more balanced in its catering to PvP AND PvE. Too bad you don't see that.

The guild battle system was introduced less than a week ago. It will have bugs. Give it a freaking chance! To get bugs fixed they have to be reported (I am feeling like a broken record with that). I am 100% opposed to to MR because I see it as a means of abuse. I see the guild battle system as a means of giving those who are in warring guilds a wqay to PK each other to their heart's content while leafing those that would rather not engage with you out of it. It is a damn good compromise for everyone involved. But like I said if it doesn't work, report to the GMs what about it is not working. That is why they are in beta testing. To get these problems fixed before they lock it down as done.

There is nothing carebear about it. I am all for guild-level pvp. Guilds warring everywhere is fun as hell. Guilds being able to war with each other I see as a very positive thing. Not everyone here wants to be in your war getting killed because they happen to be pals with someone in your enemy guild. I feel youy should get consequences (- the few possible you have) for being an ass. Guilds, and unguilded players NOT wanting to war with others (and there are MANY of those) get to be left alone to plant flowers in their gardens.

Think about it a sec. You have a KOS guild and they KOS you. Register/accept your battle and have at them without having to worry about popping MR (and popping it again when the GM gets ganked). Why is that not a good thing for everyone involved - and not just those that don't want to pvp with you (not everyone will)? Is it not working right? Tell the GMs so they can fix it or explain tyo yuo why it shouldn't be fixed!

Dying doesn't bother me. Lord knows I did enough in rohan over the years. But getting rpked when you are in the middle of nowhere here with no way of rezzing back to where you were is a pain in the ass. You get killed by some rpking yahoo means youi rez vback at your bind and have to pay crones/walk to get back to your leveling/farming. It is a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Opposed to MR =/= opposed to PvP.
    ^ this ^

though the programmer in me would write it as
    Opposed to MR != opposed to PvP
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-26-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Yes I'm for MR and pking and pvp. I got pk-ed as well, never cried about it, just gave me the reason to lvl and gear up, which for now I don't have.

You are talking about MR like it's something vile, MR didn't kill RBF other things did. RBF has stayed alive for longer than anyone of us thought it will because of the pvp system.

I'm def not mistaking your motives, you're motive here is just to shut down everyone who disagrees with you, and in a very subjective way if I may notice, judging from the posts you keep quoting.

While I posted once in this thread, you humped my post to "explain your opinion" for the 10th time. All I see here is you derailing and spamming this tread with your "opinions" so I'm just gonna let you keep doing that, 'cuz you seem to be scared of something.