+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    The reason of that because the scaling is not 100% its 10% and its even less because it says it counts melee attack also which is pure stupidity, thats with int skillls/+ ffs dont know about wffs/dffs i mean lv3 int skill hits less than regular attack still when you are building full int lv3 to be 10% is ridiculous, another fail of YNK description not matching the actual skill scaling + not to mention how skills sounds are also messed up and switched up
    Last edited by SpiderQueen; 04-23-2017 at 04:59 AM.

  2. #12
    My guess is it's a typo if it's 10%. It's actually better if it's physical damage because mdef in Origins is massively higher than pdef.

    I'm unsure this will still really work for PvP, though. Attack force values are likely going to be around a quarter of what we had in R:BF from the fact that str/dex/int have .6/1/1 scaling rather than 4x across the board. We'll see if it gets fixed post-beta. I'm hoping it does, as int dekan is fun.

  3. #13
    HD is true dmg it always hits the same and it claims its 1xx% of magic force when its ~10%-15 or lower like i said values have been messed up big time

  4. #14
    Sofar i cant see why you say dmg values are 10%?

    i have 618 melee and 668 Magic on my lvl 52 Int-Dekan and dmg seems to be corret allthou the Scalings are to low.

    Example lvl 6 Breath 80% magic 51% Melee : 534 + 315 = 849 and i hit for nearly exactly that with Breath. The Scaling is to low thats for sure, it should be more like 300% magic and 120% melee or something.
    Other Problem is the fukked up Skill-Translation i guess because as you see in the example above it hits for what they state BUT Descriptions says that the 80% MA and 51% ME are ADDTIONAL so should add to your Magic Attack.
    So 668 PLUS 849 = 1517 that would be what skill should do.

    Health Drain does Definatly do Magic Dmg^^ else i wouldnt hit more dmg on a Defender with 500 Mdef vs a Dekan with 900 Mdef.

  5. #15
    Okey let me drop it simple obviously you struggle to see the problem so let me explain like you have a syndrome.

    HD does true dmg(aka its not getting affected by dd/mdef/pdef etc) so it always hits the same (and its based on magic but when it ignores everything you can say its true dmg unless you have magic reflect skill which would nullify the dmg thats the only thing that can affect it, unless they completely changed it which i doubt since the core of the skill is obviously there, but it still wouldnt explain the missleading huge numbers differences )
    Why its wrong:Example So you have 117 magic attack HD says lvx 114% from your magic attack restoring 107% of your final dmg as hp(the description is bullshiet) but you dont need to be genius to see 114% that : 114% of 117 attack is more than 117 dmg to mobs or something close to that number- but in reality you hit 14dmg what this result tells you ?
    Last edited by SpiderQueen; 04-25-2017 at 07:35 AM.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderQueen View Post
    Okey let me drop it simple obviously you struggle to see the problem so let me explain like you have a syndrome.

    HD does true dmg(aka its not getting affected by dd/mdef/pdef etc) so it always hits the same (and its based on magic but when it ignores everything you can say its true dmg unless you have magic reflect skill which would nullify the dmg thats the only thing that can affect it, unless they completely changed it which i doubt since the core of the skill is obviously there, but it still wouldnt explain the missleading huge numbers differences )
    Why its wrong:Example So you have 117 magic attack HD says lvx 114% from your magic attack restoring 107% of your final dmg as hp(the description is bullshiet) but you dont need to be genius to see 114% that : 114% of 117 attack is more than 117 dmg to mobs or something close to that number- but in reality you hit 14dmg what this result tells you ?
    First of all your Attitude, rly man work on it. I state actually Value from ingame Dmg i encounter and you wanna threat me like a have a "syndrom"?

    In my Test HD was effected by the Mpdef of the Target no idea, where you got the opposite impression.
    And for what your 14 dmg with a lvl 1 skill with 117 magic attack tells me? That you prolly hit on a lvl 20 mob with a lvl 1 Weapon equiped with a Lvl 1 Skill. I stated above what my actually ingame dmg vs mobs of my Lvl are with a Weapon of my LvL. If your Values came back this low maybe you just didnt consider the condtions right? I mean when i go Inter with my STR-Dekan i hit 2-3k on mobs normal in stage 1-4 but soon we hit Stage 5, boom Mobs suddenly get 1-2k. Because there is and will allways be a scaling with the Weapons you use and with the LvL a mobs has.

    ALSO if you try to answere do it with reasonable Amount of Respect, i dont start calling you a "full scale brain dead moron" just because you make a statement, so keep it friendly.

  7. #17
    Colonel PenguinJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Betcha can't find me
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    A lot depends on the weapon / gear, though.
    Also, I put 1vit each lvl on my dekan and still can't tank - so, no real difference there. Only reason I might get it leveled is for the extra daily rewards, but since I was unable to log in two days in a row now...
    Don't be sad peagle. You can always use it as a kiosk toon in GH

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderQueen View Post
    Okey let me drop it simple obviously you struggle to see the problem so let me explain like you have a syndrome.

    HD does true dmg(aka its not getting affected by dd/mdef/pdef etc) so it always hits the same (and its based on magic but when it ignores everything you can say its true dmg unless you have magic reflect skill which would nullify the dmg thats the only thing that can affect it, unless they completely changed it which i doubt since the core of the skill is obviously there, but it still wouldnt explain the missleading huge numbers differences )
    Why its wrong:Example So you have 117 magic attack HD says lvx 114% from your magic attack restoring 107% of your final dmg as hp(the description is bullshiet) but you dont need to be genius to see 114% that : 114% of 117 attack is more than 117 dmg to mobs or something close to that number- but in reality you hit 14dmg what this result tells you ?
    OK in classic Rohan HD is supposed to do ignore pdef/mdef/dd (though I doubt sdef). How do you know the skill was not changed to actually be affected by those things? Not sure where you are getting that skills based on magic will always ignores everything. Unless you didn't get the memo mdef is pretty heavy in this server. And yes, MANY skills have been heavily reworked. mdef does indeed defend against magic attacks as well as pdef defending against physical attack, sdef defending against skill attacks and damage drop expected to reduce all regular damage.

    Remeber this is not Rohan BF. It is Rohan: Origin. It has changed a lot of the rules you assume are supposed to work.

    I will ask you: If you are seeing an issue with these skills, have you sent in tickets documenting them? How many? Have you described in detail what you see as wrong - including your assumptions that magic skills are supposed to ignore everything? How many? Have any of the folks you have been playing with and complained about this done the same? Rohan: Origin is in BETA TESTING. That means they depend on those playing the game observing inconsistencies to LET THEM KNOW in the form of tickets.

    I have a feeling I know who you are outside of here and that I have told you about the support system usage and the meaning of beta testing in detail already. Before you come back and tell me to try it myself, I will tell you this: I am not the one raising a complaint. You are. I don't care if int dekans work right or not. If you want it fixed, you have to tell the right people about it. Unlike pservers, official Rohan GMs do not drive their support work from forum posts. They use their expensive support system so problems and fixes are properly tracked. That is where their bosses judge them. That is where they look for problems to solve. That is where they live. Not These Forums.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-25-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    Playing R.O.H.A.N: Origin
    Guild - Pornstars
    CerealKiller - Dark Elf (warlock)
    KissMyCrit - Half Elc (ranger)
    Harlequin - Half Elf (scout)


    On the Internet, noone can hear you scream

  8. #18
    Even if it did get changed, it wouldnt say 100% of your magic attack and hit 10% of total value which make no sense whatsoever you dont need to be genius to figure that out
    and you dont forget "this new rohan" is based on RBF same engine same systems same everything with "tweaks" and introduced what few changes one new system, and thats it, its not a new game

  9. #19
    Emperor EaglePhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Posts
    11,184
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderQueen View Post
    Even if it did get changed, it wouldnt say 100% of your magic attack and hit 10% of total value which make no sense whatsoever you dont need to be genius to figure that out
    and you dont forget "this new rohan" is based on RBF same engine same systems same everything with "tweaks" and introduced what few changes one new system, and thats it, its not a new game
    Wouldn't it?

    It says 50% of stats are given when you use an off-hand dagger, reality is that it's still 30% like in RBF.
    I'm just saying.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

    BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

  10. #20
    Colonel PenguinJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Betcha can't find me
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderQueen View Post
    Even if it did get changed, it wouldnt say 100% of your magic attack and hit 10% of total value which make no sense whatsoever you dont need to be genius to figure that out
    and you dont forget "this new rohan" is based on RBF same engine same systems same everything with "tweaks" and introduced what few changes one new system, and thats it, its not a new game
    The map server engine calls out to dlls to handle the damage calculations. The damage calcs are not exactly in the geomind engine itself. And yes the devs in Korea (guess where Origin came from?) can change them. They did so with the Templar's blunt damage calcs and they have done so with the dekan's ffs/dffs/wffs. Not all damage calculation parameters are sitting in the skill.bin file. And Origin is not simply a tweakup of the bins, gems, uis and maps. There are some huge changes here that can't be done in pservers unless they have Yurneroo's depth knowledge (and remember even HE is making changes to how the damage mechanics work and he does NOT have the map server source code.

    So don't assume that you know how the qame damage mechanics work here. You don't and I know of only one person that even has a clue how they do.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-25-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    Playing R.O.H.A.N: Origin
    Guild - Pornstars
    CerealKiller - Dark Elf (warlock)
    KissMyCrit - Half Elc (ranger)
    Harlequin - Half Elf (scout)


    On the Internet, noone can hear you scream

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
modify