+ Reply to Thread

The Cost of Everything

Okay, so with the new IM update we finally have an item that can be bought with in-game currency and with real money. That item is the scrolls.

Let's take for example Warrior's Scroll I: Melee Attack that costs ~50RP, when bought with RP, and 2 Insignias, when bought with in-game currency.

Lets do the math:
    10$ = 1000RP ; thereore 50RP is worth 0.50$
    since 50RP is worth 50 cents ; 1 insignia = 0.25$

Here is the math on some of the items:
    Paying 5 insignias for a Sedorian is worth 1.25$
    Buying a lvl 66 weapon with insignias is worth exactly 10$ or 1000RP
    Any endgame ring that is worth 1500 insignias can cost you up to the equivalent of 375$.
    You just spent 20$ on a lvl 60 ring that gives exp bonus 8% and portal cost reduction 12%
    Each day when you login for after a week you receive 0.50$ worth of Insignias
    Sometimes you can find 0.25$ when you kill mobs

Ofcourse this is just speculative since most of the costs in Rohan are not well represented and prices vary, ex: 1 Hour monkey costs 4 insignias while 7 days monkey in IM costs 150 rps which equals to 168 1 hour monkeys = 150/(168x(1/4)) = 1rps is worth 0.2232 insignias.

I would prefer to go with the 1st variant of calculations, although it may seem like an overprice, it triumphs over the 2nd example, since the items in question are both identical not only in name, but in length.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Interesting.

Haven't checked for correctness (too tired) - but sounds reasonable. I probably shouldn't have bought those two dark soulpiece rings considering my RNG luck...
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Imo they should add the other scrolls and stuff like level 7 stones into the insignia market for reasonable prices. Everybody can farm them by doing dungeons etc, logging on every day.. this way they`ll make it available for everybody who plays the game. (A lot of skills etc seem level 7 focussed anyway so far).
    KatyPerry level 101 guardian - Forever

I could let these dream killers kill my self esteem. Or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams. - Kanye

Quote Originally Posted by KatyPerry1 View Post
    Imo they should add the other scrolls and stuff like level 7 stones into the insignia market for reasonable prices. Everybody can farm them by doing dungeons etc, logging on every day.. this way they`ll make it available for everybody who plays the game. (A lot of skills etc seem level 7 focussed anyway so far).
    That's coz by giving lvl 7's a big % wise extra over 6's you're inclined to buy 7s for $. Money money money! I have a bigger problem with HP abso stones only being available for RP's tho.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    That's coz by giving lvl 7's a big % wise extra over 6's you're inclined to buy 7s for $. Money money money! I have a bigger problem with HP abso stones only being available for RP's tho.
    Ofcourse, but hey.. If they wan't to get rid of all the p2w bull**** they should just make the major stuff like 7's, abs stones etc. People who want to spend RP will do so anyway.
    KatyPerry level 101 guardian - Forever

I could let these dream killers kill my self esteem. Or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams. - Kanye

Quote Originally Posted by KatyPerry1 View Post
    Ofcourse, but hey.. If they wan't to get rid of all the p2w bull**** they should just make the major stuff like 7's, abs stones etc. People who want to spend RP will do so anyway.
    Yup make everyting available in game, just make buying for $ more convenient and faster. Would be a great way to have this orginised and I'm still sure heaps of people would spend $
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h