+ Reply to Thread

Question about partying

Maybe this has always existed, but has experience always been cut in half when In a party compared to alone? If so then wouldn't partying be completely useless unless it's a full party to kill a lot of mobs? It makes it hard to level up with my friend when we go from getting 1.5k experience to 750 exp per kill and pmkill is locked at x5.

Is it just better to solo all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by camerony View Post
    Maybe this has always existed, but has experience always been cut in half when In a party compared to alone? If so then wouldn't partying be completely useless unless it's a full party to kill a lot of mobs? It makes it hard to level up with my friend when we go from getting 1.5k experience to 750 exp per kill and pmkill is locked at x5.

Yup, solo is the key. And the more members in Pt = less exp for everyone. If mob give u 1k exp in full pt will be like 167exp only

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Exp wise it's better to solo for most classes, but for quest drops and thus the repeatable quests which ultimately leads tofaster levelling, it's better to party up.

Party exp should at least be 60%imo
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

hmm interesting. I was trying to level a dekan and a human at the same time, but getting half exp and losing out on the 20x exp for 100 m kill just seems not worth it. Maybe i'll just level the dekan first and then when i level the human there will be good gear for her to use as i level her up as well.

If i had to ask for a change is that pmkill did the 0x, 10x, 15x, 20x exp. With the exp cutting for each member the 20x wouldn't be as potent as it is alone, so it wouldn't be op or anything. Just a thought.

hmm interesting. I was trying to level a dekan and a human at the same time, but getting half exp and losing out on the 20x exp for 100 m kill just seems not worth it. Maybe i'll just level the dekan first and then when i level the human there will be good gear for her to use as i level her up as well.

If i had to ask for a change is that pmkill did the 0x, 10x, 15x, 20x exp. With the exp cutting for each member the 20x wouldn't be as potent as it is alone, so it wouldn't be op or anything. Just a thought.
    I didn't lvl in party, since my brother change character (again) but as i remember pt mkill is always x5 only, solo is way faster if u got gear to solo ofc. Me and my brother start as int healers, he pull 3mobs i pulled 3 he did aoe i did mine he aoe heal and than i did same, another his and mine aoe and we pull next 6mobs, it was faster than solo. All depends on party setup, if in pt it's only you who did dmg than fk this go solo.

Banned
    Yeah I tried the party thing. leveling was slow as hell, esp since there are no party exp scrolls in this Rohan.

I didn't stay in them very long and currently doing 99% of my leveling & quests solo.

As the others suggested, pt is good for getting loads of quest items (well, that is if your party is a good one) You can stack many quest items at a time and then once the party is over, go hand in the completed qs and it should get you a nice sum of exp.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Am I the only one who likes dung bosses japanese voice lol

rofl playing with audio in 2017....

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by KappaPride View Post
    Am I the only one who likes dung bosses japanese voice lol
    No, but when I said that in guild chat "awesome, they kept the asian voices" - people be like: "awesome?"
    Or maybe nobody understands the word 'awesome', but I find that very unlikely.

Anyway, personally I found the lvls 1 till mid twenties fastest solo. Then until halfway forties in party and rest solo again till 5x. At this point it might be best to party for quest items, but solo works just as well if you can kill fast enough. Here it really depends on gear and class.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher