+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think the biggest conceptual change I've noticed is on the ranger. It's fundamentally different in how it's going to need to play, and while I think it will be a potent 1v1 class from its self-scaling and single-target utility, I see it bringing very little group support and overall a lot of frustration given the lack of WF. Looks kind of like a ranged str dhan, but not as good at outright killing tanks from a lack of MX.

There are definitely some viability issues with builds like int dekan being garbage at the moment, and I haven't looked into the giant, but so far everything seems pretty much conceptually the same. Avenger will probably be fine in high-level PvP. Just right now I think people are focused on amping their stats as much as possible to stay alive, and like the predator for Royal Mask and its AoE damage.

I am very miffed that instead of reworking separation/evolve they just allow it in evolve, now. Dekan and sepa builds have probably the coolest attack and movement animations in the game and now there's no reason to ever leave evolve at all :\

Quote Originally Posted by soulholder View Post
    I think the biggest conceptual change I've noticed is on the ranger. It's fundamentally different in how it's going to need to play, and while I think it will be a potent 1v1 class from its self-scaling and single-target utility, I see it bringing very little group support and overall a lot of frustration given the lack of WF. Looks kind of like a ranged str dhan, but not as good at outright killing tanks from a lack of MX.

There are definitely some viability issues with builds like int dekan being garbage at the moment, and I haven't looked into the giant, but so far everything seems pretty much conceptually the same. Avenger will probably be fine in high-level PvP. Just right now I think people are focused on amping their stats as much as possible to stay alive, and like the predator for Royal Mask and its AoE damage.

I am very miffed that instead of reworking separation/evolve they just allow it in evolve, now. Dekan and sepa builds have probably the coolest attack and movement animations in the game and now there's no reason to ever leave evolve at all :\
    I'm dissapointed with ranger, it doesn't have the burst dmg dhans have (SA and MX are OP) and it has literally no way to defend himself. They should have given them a buff like Shadow or Roha's blessing at least without WF. They are currently left behind with no mobility advantage, no real burst to kill tanks. Basically everything a ranger can do, a scout can do as well except it's aoe and has party buffs.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Smoked some good ****?^^ you never could and never will be able to use Separation while in Dragonform. And yes its tested and confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMansEnd View Post
    Smoked some good ****?^^ you never could and never will be able to use Separation while in Dragonform. And yes its tested and confirmed.
    sorry but it was possible glitches in this game can surprise you

Banned
    Definitely some major changes to the Half Elves. Ranger was nerfed a bit - esp with the removal of WF. Scouts are more viable for PvE now (I rolled a new one for building to a scout).

STR avenger is dead. Mortal rising doesn't improve dmg on pp and DPP crits. Go STR pred it's great for farming not sure PvP wise.And duplication is actually 3x crit dmg on second hit which makes agi avenger able to burst you with about 7 crits

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMansEnd View Post
    Someone else said otherwise a few days ago, so I just assumed this was the case. They also cut sepa viability dramatically if this is the case given the potency of the evolve passives and how things like hp/mp leech cannot be achieved otherwise in-game without the ludicrously-expensive options, not to mention overall reducing the number of important skills separation utilized. The Evolve passives really just needed to be made baseline or buffs, sadly. I think evolve running a dagger is probably better-off still over separation, particularly when studying the cut defensive stats.

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I'm dissapointed with ranger, it doesn't have the burst dmg dhans have (SA and MX are OP) and it has literally no way to defend himself. They should have given them a buff like Shadow or Roha's blessing at least without WF. They are currently left behind with no mobility advantage, no real burst to kill tanks. Basically everything a ranger can do, a scout can do as well except it's aoe and has party buffs.
    The big differences here are Toxic Pot, Silence Shot, and Cataclysm's utility gains and how skills now are applied within Siege Shot's bonus damage (it boosts RA directly now). Speed Wind is seemingly a waste of points with how poor the attack speed on the crossbow is despite the increase. It definitively makes DPH on skills huge when added onto Death Chaser. Root + Ensnare means 12s of straight immob to your target enabling a safe 1v1 siege shot, allowing for Toxic Pot -> Silence -> Cataclysm -> DC -> 1pt Bleeding/PPierce -> Murder Shot -> Double Strike -> Strip Shot -> Crit Shot back into another Root -> Double Strike with intermittent AA's and PPierces. It's a huge sum of damage to say the least. The lack of any good defense is a major issue however, especially considering the aforementioned abilities only have purpose in PvP environments against isolated targets, and make the ranger itself pretty much a sitting duck for anything more than a 1v1.
    Last edited by soulholder; 04-21-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Someone else said otherwise a few days ago, so I just assumed this was the case. They also cut sepa viability dramatically if this is the case given the potency of the evolve passives and how things like hp/mp leech cannot be achieved otherwise in-game without the ludicrously-expensive options, not to mention overall reducing the number of important skills separation utilized. The Evolve passives really just needed to be made baseline or buffs, sadly. I think evolve running a dagger is probably better-off still over separation, particularly when studying the cut defensive stats.

The big differences here are Toxic Pot, Silence Shot, and Cataclysm's utility gains and how skills now are applied within Siege Shot's bonus damage (it boosts RA directly now). Speed Wind is seemingly a waste of points with how poor the attack speed on the crossbow is despite the increase. It definitively makes DPH on skills huge when added onto Death Chaser. Root + Ensnare means 12s of straight immob to your target enabling a safe 1v1 siege shot, allowing for Toxic Pot -> Silence -> Cataclysm -> DC -> 1pt Bleeding/PPierce -> Murder Shot -> Double Strike -> Strip Shot -> Crit Shot back into another Root -> Double Strike with intermittent AA's and PPierces. It's a huge sum of damage to say the least. The lack of any good defense is a major issue however, especially considering the aforementioned abilities only have purpose in PvP environments against isolated targets, and make the ranger itself pretty much a sitting duck for anything more than a 1v1.
    The combo's seem great but yea...in rohan it's rarely a 1 vs 1 situation specially now you can basically only go guild vs. guild if you want to pvp. I'd rather have seen that ranger would've gotten less damage but kept wf at a permanent 80% mobility at lvl 7. This would've made them more viable pvp and pve wise.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h