+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Here is the best suggestion:

Ignore everyone in this thread except me/karren and always ignore peagle.

You got 1 guy talking about xor rohan (100 years old private server & the first rohan pserver) then he uses his confirmation bias logic to make it sound like it was the perfect system. Xor rohan was only good because it was first ofc every subsequent pserver and every future server is going to be worse including one made by the xor rohan guys themselves.

Hunter kits are only necessary based on the xp/crone requirements of this game. People are forgetting that we are an aging population I mean if you were 12 back in 08 then you are 21 now and on average I am sure most of us were 15-18 back in 08 (making us 24-27 now). Other popular mmorpgs you can max in a couple of days I mean in tera I can hit max lvl in 1 day if I got a full party and elite status/all 3 instance reset types. On tera I can farm around 200k a day doing dailies which again dont exist on here. This game uses the old grind your ass off system which is why hunterkits are necessary. When we get daily quests and the daily instance dungeon grind etc is enough to manage the upkeep of your chars then MAYBE we can live without hks. Not to mention we have the transexual system that is going to require over 3 months of straight up 24/7 grinding nobody is going to hand grind that srsly.

Tradable IM goods can not exist on this game because of the system we discussed above. Other games with tradable cash shop goods have a well regulated ingame currency but crones are unregulated a f because it all comes from mob drops. Not to mention tsb tax like lol have you seen what crones look like on global? I got 10 BILLION crones and there are ppl with 10x that.

The pt buff system is stupid but hey all it takes is 1 warlock magic push to make everybody lose their alm/eternal vit and crazy str ez pvp.

Lvl 7 buffs should be uniform instant cast with the exception of reraise. IMO all buffs should have 1 sec cast time outside of that (again with the exception of reraise)

Cant disagree with the 90-114 success stones so whatever.
    I love how you always tell people to ignore me, but never actually ignore me.

We should hang out some time.

Apparently:

- I do not work
    - I do not age
    - I do not play a game
    - I do not farm
    - I farm all day
    - I do not know how to pvE
    - I only do pvE and never pvP

Decide, will you.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 04-15-2017 at 02:14 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I love how you always tell people to ignore me, but never actually ignore me.

We should hang out some time.

Apparently:

- I do not work
    - I do not age
    - I do not play a game
    - I do not farm
    - I farm all day
    - I do not know how to pvE
    - I only do pvE and never pvP

Decide, will you.
    The only thing you know how to do is forum :P we need to protest that we get exp in game for posting on the forums :P 1 post = 1% :P

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Tera you can buy "level up" scrolls that boost you to just this side of endgame level.

Xor failed because it got internally corrupt. The only thing that made it the (perceived) holy grail of pservers is that it was 1st and showed people what can be done with a pserver. Nothing more. It had a large population because YNK was fking up the game horribly and disgusted people that left, but still loved rohan had no place else to go. It really was nothing special and it went away like they all do. Today it would be open a couple months and gone again.

And well, I was an old fart in '08 as well
    Yes you can 60 scroll in tera which is not max lvl and even after you hit 65 you still have a neverending stream of grind as each patch hits and a new set comes out and new dungeons/pvp etc.

I am using tera as an example because while while I hate the game since it killed pvp it had a more or less perfect system.

Powercreep was well managed and the new armor was always good enough to tank the new weapon etc.

Lvling was quite fast as long as you did dungeons and used joy of partying buff (increased xp for having a full party).

Pvp was amaaaaaaaaazing I mean the mechanics and the action combat I miss it but it would never work for rohan and I would never get to meet peagles and karrens and riukos on that game (very ping dependent)

Spenders had only a minor advantage over free players (being able to sell IM goods which are mostly cosmetic for gold)

The economy scaled really well there were only 3 instances where the economy got super over inflated one of which is going on right now (30 man raid).

The endgame pve was not killing random mobs but instead doing 3/5/7 man dungeons and the 30 man raid. As well as some solo dungeons/ace dungeon system which kept the daily grind different. Not to mention I could do pvp for my dailies which was sick.

My point is that all of these qualities dont exist in rohan, the economy is harder to scale meaning that tradable IM goods just wont work, there is no cap on how much money you can earn in a day regardless of fatigue system. TSB taxes throw the entire economy off overnight. Same goes for lvling we need HK because we cant get any reasonable progress playing 1-3 hours a day its just not gonna happen. I mean **** this game has a longer grind than runescape and thats saying something.

Its either fix the entire game from the ground up or this rohan will fail just like all the other rohans before it.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 04-15-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

I'm not opposed.

Should we get a bot to auto-reply on forums, though?

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    just so you guys know, PWI wants you to buy RPs and spend them on each of your toons. I suspect you will see fare less tradeable IM goods here than you saw in R:BF.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up for that guys.
    I agree. I think if the IM was more cosmetic and maybe x2 or w/e exp/drops what not this game would be way better. A few games have that set up and 10 years later there still getting new players/running strong
    Origins
    BlueEyes - Priest
    LickMyCrit - Hybrid Avenger
    TasteMyArrow - Scout
    Arisu - Vit/Int Sage
    Manix - Warlock
    Come Join Sadistic!!

KOS
    GodOfBots

Um no, the game needs tradeable IM items, otherwise its just people who can charge are able to play. You are thinking outside the box, the game is new, not many people have crones. Just because one player is higher than the other and is easily able to farm crones compared to the one who needs it, does not mean it should be used as an excuse because that level and crones are earned while the one who is selling it, is trying to earn crones in a faster way! Also don't say real money is earned, if that is the case, it is up to the seller of the IM items to decide whether to sell their item or not.

When there are more crones in the game, the prices will obviously increase and the seller gets to control their price, nobody is forced to sell anything if not needed.

And don't get this game twisted with other games, because comparing Tera does not compare to rohan what so ever, they are both setup and developed for different play style.
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9913&dateline=1492555  956

Quote Originally Posted by sunny245 View Post
    Um no, the game needs tradeable IM items, otherwise its just people who can charge are able to play. You are thinking outside the box, the game is new, not many people have crones. Just because one player is higher than the other and is easily able to farm crones compared to the one who needs it, does not mean it should be used as an excuse because that level and crones are earned while the one who is selling it, is trying to earn crones in a faster way! Also don't say real money is earned, if that is the case, it is up to the seller of the IM items to decide whether to sell their item or not.

When there are more crones in the game, the prices will obviously increase and the seller gets to control their price, nobody is forced to sell anything if not needed.

And don't get this game twisted with other games, because comparing Tera does not compare to rohan what so ever, they are both setup and developed for different play style.
    Again, Cosmetic with x2 or w/e exp/drop.. everything else should be able to get ingame.
    Origins
    BlueEyes - Priest
    TasteMyArrow - Scout
    Arisu - Vit/Int Sage
    Manix - Warlock
    Come Join Sadistic!!

KOS
    GodOfBots

Quote Originally Posted by sunny245 View Post

Yep. There were people who worked and or studied and did not have a lot of time to invest, so they invested with real money. The people with more time spent more time farming in game, and sold them to the spenders for RPS so they too, had access to IM content.

This new server doesn't have an Exchange Market though, does it? And if IM items are all untradeable in-game...

Exp, drop, etc - you get from VIP.

Options in IM lasting 2hrs isn't a pay to win, it's only a sure way to go bankrupt but that's not the point. Thing is, it's too much for upkeep on a daily basis - so basically you do not do it.
    You also do not necessarily need it. Either how, some can be bought ingame. I'm not opposed to options like DD to be sold ingame at a lower rate (say 10-15% vs 20% on IM) or absorp (1% vs 5%).

Current IM is far from P2W ..

Also, what are you talking about untradable IM - you can trade preservation stones, lucky stones, etc. Plenty ways to make crones from IM and for people to be able to also forge through crones with IM advantages.

Plus, regardless if you spend RPs - you still need tons of crones to forge/enhance - so IM only will get you nowhere.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 04-15-2017 at 03:02 PM.

What I want to see is for Euphoria and other leeching skills to actually work in dungeons, that's all. Otherwise I keep on making chars that could be remotely useful in Parties for dungeon raids, and all I get is jack-sht. Why there is no info about euphorias and other leeching skills not working inside Dungeons?

Crazy temp runs in with double euphoria aoe, and gets 0 hp back, gets hit and is forced to heal his wounds for being crazy. Ok another attempt ... majestic wizard runs in casts health coil and gets 0 hp back, tries to get at least mana back with mana coil ... result ... even less mana, because casting a skill costs mana xD
    Too many secrets are locked inside your minds, but you're all equal in life, equal in love.

Origin - Delish (Templar)
    Origin - Maestro (priest)
    Origin - Vendigo (Wizard)

I am guildless HOHOHO (jainus)

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Exp, drop, etc - you get from VIP.

Options in IM lasting 2hrs isn't a pay to win, it's only a sure way to go bankrupt but that's not the point. Thing is, it's too much for upkeep on a daily basis - so basically you do not do it.
    You also do not necessarily need it. Either how, some can be bought ingame. I'm not opposed to options like DD to be sold ingame at a lower rate (say 10-15% vs 20% on IM) or absorp (1% vs 5%).

Current IM is far from P2W ..

Also, what are you talking about untradable IM - you can trade preservation stones, lucky stones, etc. Plenty ways to make crones from IM and for people to be able to also forge through crones with IM advantages.

Plus, regardless if you spend RPs - you still need tons of crones to forge/enhance - so IM only will get you nowhere.
    Then with vip system make a possible to get rps ingame even a small amount.. dailies or w/e.
    Plenty of games have a VIP system and still let non paying people get a cash curreny ingame
    Origins
    BlueEyes - Priest
    TasteMyArrow - Scout
    Arisu - Vit/Int Sage
    Manix - Warlock
    Come Join Sadistic!!

KOS
    GodOfBots

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast