+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is This bot?

I think people are cool if sm1 sits at their pc, do smt useful and bot and check every now and then, rather than some idiot go with 6/6 party gold farming only for himself 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by robrian03 View Post
    Ban for using a macro program that was included in a peripheral? Isn't that harsh?
    Depends on the game. In GW2 for example, you will be perma-banned for macroing more than one action to one button if you're caught. It's done to keep PvP more competitive so that people fully understand how to maintain tempo in a competitive environment rather than letting something manage it for them.

Like, just based on what I remember from R:BF from years past, I could write an AHK script to manage inputs as to prevent waste with a macro on a few rotations and have it PvP near-optimally.

Since AFAIK there's no verdict for this one yet, I'd advise not to do anything. It's very easy to tell if someone is scripting inputs given an investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    As far as I care is as long as PlayWith Interactive persists in selling Hunter Kits, they are legitimizing the use of bots.

Hunter Kits = BOTS.

Said it all, the absolute truth !!