+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

After Beta - Release

So we are now on CBT -
    4 April (OBT)

My question is when OBT ends and they release the game , There will be a reset?

Banned
    no there will not

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    no there will not
    How do you know?

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Because I'm not going to do that grind again.
    I already thought I was done with it over a year ago.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

LMAO!!!
    I have to say that grind is fun once but doing it again will hurt like hell xD
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    How do you know?
    Because it literally tells you ingame in the announcement multiple times a day ????????????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    How do you know?
    I gazed into my Crystal balls and had a psychic vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblebutt View Post
    Because it literally tells you ingame in the announcement multiple times a day ????????????
    The announcement states game progress will not be reset after the game exits closed beta and enters the open beta stage. There has yet to be an announcement about what happens when the open beta ends (which is what the OP was inquiring about). For many games progress is deleted after open beta, except for some small things which may be given as a reward for participation. But that may not be the best option in this case, unless PWI has some marketing campaign planned for the "proper" release, whenever that happens.
    Last edited by bosshunt; 04-04-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Banned
    Usually closed beta is done by invitation only. Hence the name "Closed" beta. It is common for a game publisher to do a wipe between Closed beta and open beta to keep things fair to those that were not invited to play during the closed beta period. PlayWithI decided to allow Public Access during their CBT. And they have assured us all over & over that they will not wipe our game data.

Once the game publisher allows open public access (the "Open" in Open beta test phase) they would be in very serious trouble if they wiped the game at any time while in this open state. You will never see a wipe going from open beta to release. Usually because people would have made donations and purchased ingame goods during that period. Wipe from OBT -> Release = Game Death because players would no longer trust the game publisher to protect their accounts.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-04-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Good points. If they open IM in the open beta reset is highly unlikely