+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mob respawns

Banned

Mob respawns

Anybody else finding mob respawns a little too quick? Every time I kill a mob with a ranged skill and run to pick up my loot, the mob is respawning and killing me. Looks like a 3-5 second respawn time. It makes soloing thru the noob quest trail a little more challenging than it should be.

I sent in a ticket to givce them some feedback & see if they can adjust it (a 30 sec respawn time should do nicely IMO).

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I agree, whereas it's a great respawn time for dungeons (as to allow great party grinding and perfect farming) - for mobs on the road it's a tad overkill.

When you encounter a dangerous monster on your path - you cannot kill it and get past it as it respawns way too quickly and kills you either how. At the moment it's about fingercrossing and taking a run, hoping you'll survive the few hits.

So, should they adjust spawning on all areas? No, not really - especially not in dungeons, but if in anyway possible neither on area's like Forgotten Fortress, Spire, etc.
    Could it use some tweaks on the general map? Definitely.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

For well organized groups the respawn rate is great. Farming is way more fluid. Solo the respawn timer can be pain in ass thou.

If they doubled the respawn timers I don't think there would be any issues. While I haven't had many problems with this in regards to navigation yet (mid-40's), it has made farming in some locations a bit tricky solo.

Granted, the art of mob-dodging and gettting rekt by ranged/magic is something I've been used to lol. 30s seems a little excessive, though. 6-10 would be just enough to slip by while not killing the respawn for party grinding. Also understand a high respawn will hurt high level parties because the concept of pulling mobs is basically going to disappear given the changes to ranger.

A lot of this still circles back to forging and refining costs, though. Given the ability to actually make good gear, I don't think this would be much of a problem if the monsters weren't two-shotting people.
    Last edited by soulholder; 04-02-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulholder View Post
    If they doubled the respawn timers I don't think there would be any issues. While I haven't had many problems with this in regards to navigation yet (mid-40's), it has made farming in some locations a bit tricky solo.

Granted, the art of mob-dodging and gettting rekt by ranged/magic is something I've been used to lol. 30s seems a little excessive, though. 6-10 would be just enough to slip by while not killing the respawn for party grinding. Also understand a high respawn will hurt high level parties because the concept of pulling mobs is basically going to disappear given the changes to ranger.

A lot of this still circles back to forging and refining costs, though. Given the ability to actually make good gear, I don't think this would be much of a problem if the monsters weren't two-shotting people.
    Issue being, that I'm getting rekt by melee mobs - whilst magic ones deal minimum dmg on me as an archer...
    However, magics are long ranged so they drop their loot on the spot and it's nigh impossible to kite them away from the melees in order to pick it up. Therefore I have to kill the melee too (which hurts), but it's pointless as the respawn time is so fast that I cannot pick up the loot in time before the melee one has re-spawned.

IDGAF if the magic one hits me, dmg is negligible.

P.s.: don't mind the skillbar - I just threw everything on there, but shouldn't be all that messy.

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Yea, mdef values are just way higher on armor than before. It's probably to help stop the magic mobs destroying HE like before. Honestly, again, I think this is a mix of inflated mob stats and deflated player stats, lower pdef on armors, and it being something people aren't really familiar with; put simply, melee mobs shouldn't be much of an issue as an archer. You just need to get very clever on your movement and kiting patterns. I think you've invested too much in vit as well; despite being only a few levels above you, I've got almost double the ranged attack, and haven't upgraded my weapon since 36. Magic mobs still hit me for close to 250, but I'm also in worse armor than you.

Things get a bit dicier in the 40's when there are a ton of ranged physical damage mobs. It's still doable, as I'm soloing with only minor problems. With ranged mobs, however, there's neither the potential to kite nor the stats to tank haha.
    Last edited by soulholder; 04-02-2017 at 11:42 AM.

this. 30 second respawn would be terrible. problems of agro'ing extra mobs can be mitigated by simply farming lower level mobs because they'll have a smaller agro range, if its too much of an issue for you now, joe and ep.

Yea, mdef values are just way higher on armor than before. It's probably to help stop the magic mobs destroying HE like before. Honestly, again, I think this is a mix of inflated mob stats and deflated player stats, lower pdef on armors, and it being something people aren't really familiar with; put simply, melee mobs shouldn't be much of an issue as an archer. You just need to get very clever on your movement and kiting patterns. I think you've invested too much in vit as well; despite being only a few levels above you, I've got almost double the ranged attack, and haven't upgraded my weapon since 36. Magic mobs still hit me for close to 250, but I'm also in worse armor than you.

Things get a bit dicier in the 40's when there are a ton of ranged physical damage mobs. It's still doable, as I'm soloing with only minor problems. With ranged mobs, however, there's neither the potential to kite nor the stats to tank haha.
    I have a 3dex 1vit build here with a lvl 31 weapon.

Also, whereas kiting isn't an issue at the moment, it may become one when your normal hits target 9 monsters a time.

Edit: the big RA difference is solely due to not wearing an XBow in the picture. Having an xbow makes a tremendous amount of difference as even a lvl 41 basic xbow has got nearly 140 base dmg more than the 2nd unique recurve bow. So, with my current build - I'm not too far behind and still maintain the defense (especially combined with full Zultan, 6%RA and 2.56% crit).
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 04-02-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Yea, I found bows to basically be a waste of time since the AA's aren't worthwhile; the skill cooldowns are low enough to the point where there's little reason to bother. Not to mention they have a shorter range. I went 7:1 dex:vit on my build, too.

The AoE issue will definitely be a problem. It's for this reason I don't think I'll be speccing into scout on HH, and will just make another HE for it, instead (plus there's a weird concept I'd like to try, too, that may not even work on the scout). That said, I'm near-certain mob nerfs or stat-scaling buffs are going to need to happen soon.

Respawn time seems alright to me, I set up shop right by the next quest NPC and farm the mobs right there ez quest complete move on to next spot.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461