+ Reply to Thread

Rohan : Origin - f.a.q

GENERAL

Can Items break when I forge or refine or delevel?
    Items can break when you are forging them and refining them. Anytime an item is deleveled more than 6 levels, it has a chance to be broken.
    General Game FAQs

Q: What is a solo quest?
    A: Solo quest is equivalent to the main story. Solo quest must be accomplished in a progressing order. Meaning you cannot skip any solo quest and take the next solo quest. You must take and complete them all and like the word suggest, you must accomplish it alone. If you're in a party and you’re slaying a monster for a quest item drop. It won't drop anything unless you leave the party.

Q: I died and I dropped my item. I saw someone has picked it up. Can I have it back?
    A: If the item was picked up by someone, he is now considered the new owner. It's equivalent to monster that has died and dropped an item. But if the item was not picked up by anyone and just disappeared on the ground restoration may be possible. Contact a GM for further instructions.

Q: What is the limit of safe enhancement where the item won't break if the enhancement fails?
    A: It doesn't have a 100% chance of success. Beyond that is where the risk of breaking an item will start. So failing in 1 to 2 refine will certainly result to an item to break.

Q: I’m a low level character. How come I was killed by high level characters?
    A: This is a PvP oriented game. As long as you’re level 30 and up, you can kill and be killed as long as you’re outside the safe zone. If you feel that you cannot grind in peace due to PvP, there are other places you can go where players will not bother you. Also you may ask your friends or your guild mates to get back at the offender. That’s what the Vengeance system is for.

Q: What are the things we need to do before maintenance (scheduled or emergency) starts?
    A: Make sure that all your pets were released properly. Also, make sure that your characters are in safe zones when you log out. Generally it is a good idea to log out 10 minutes prior to the server shutting down to prevent data loss issues that may occur when the server goes offline.

Q: How do I get out of Assassination mode and into Peace mode?

A: Go to Par’Talucca and look for the Persona Switch NPC (Quong) and talk to him. He’ll ask you if you’re sure you want to switch your persona.
    Please note that payment for persona change will vary according to your level.

Q: What is the level gap for a party?
    A: The level gap for party is 14. This means that if the highest and lowest level members in your party exceed a difference of 14 little to no experience will be gained by all members.

Q: How can I sell items to other players?
    A: You can sell items by making a player kiosk (in your emote options) or by listing your items on the Consignment Shop.

Q: What's a Consignment shop?
    A: The consignment shop is a place where items can be listed for sale to other players on the server. This varies from a kiosk as there is a fee for listing items however your character can be offline while the sale is running.

Q: What is a player kiosk?

A: A player kiosk allows you to sell items from your character. This requires your character to be logged in for the duration of the time you wish to sell these items. Actions cannot be done while a kiosk is up.
    Last edited by Melloncollie; 04-24-2017 at 03:41 PM.

General Support FAQs

General Support FAQs

Q: How can I get in touch with a GM?
    A: We have a support site where GMs are dedicated to assist Customers. Please visit http://support.playwithi.com

Q: I received an email from a R.O.H.A.N. Game Master. He is asking for my password. He says it's for my account's security, is this GM legit or not?
    A: R.O.H.A.N. GMs or PLAYWITH staff will NEVER ask for your password. Always be aware of your account's safety. If you have any concerns regarding the legality of a PLAYWITH Staff contacting you, please contact us through Playwithi Support

Q: What’s the link to the Support Site?
    A: You may go to the Support Suite through Playwithi Support.

Q: How do I register in Support Site?
    A: First go to the Support Suite website, that’s http://support.playwithi.com then click the link/icon on the left that says “Register”. Fill in your General Details (Full Name, Email and Password). After that you have to verify your registration by typing in the code shown. You should receive an Email with further instructions shortly. Please follow the link in the Email to validate your account. You will not be able to log in unless until your account is verified.

Q: Aside from the forums, where else can I find some information regarding Rohan and my account?
    A: The Support Site not only houses the Live Chat and Ticketing system. It also houses a Knowledgebase that may help you in your issues.

Q: When a GM asks that we send in a ticket, what does that mean?
    A: Aside from sending an email to support@playwithi.com, players can send them a message, commonly known as ticket, via the Support Site. On the main page of the Support Site, click on the icon/link that says “Submit a Ticket”. Under “Select Department” click on “Rohan Game Master” then hit Next. *This is very important. If you click on anything else aside from Rohan Game Master, your ticket will be sent to another department and your issue will not be addressed. On the next page, please fill up the form and please be specific in your issue.
    After you hit next, you’ll be receiving an email saying the GMs received your ticket. In that email you’ll be provided with your ticket number. Please take note of this for it for you may use it to follow-up on your issue.

Q: Where can I find the Terms of Service?
    A: The Terms of Service (TOS) are located at the bottom of the website. You can also access it by going to this link: http://portal.playrohan.com/Common/Html/tos.html?

Q: How soon can I report possible lost items/crones/characters?

A: As soon as possible, preferably within a month. Unfortunately, our restoration policy requires item restoration requests to be submitted within 1 month of the item loss time for this to be possible.

How Do I contact a GameMaster
    Game Masters can be contacted by the live support icon to chat with one or you can submit a ticket. When submitting a ticket please be sure to include all relevant information including your account name and effected character. For example, if it's a bot report, report the names and server that is on.
    In addition, an e-mail can be sent to playwith support to contact our Game Master staff as well.

In Game Policy FAQ’s

Q: If I get caught using a third party program like bots. What will be the penalty?
    A: 15 days imprisonment or account closure. It will depend on the severity of the violation committed. Be advised that the penalty system may change over time with or without the players consent. However this does not follow that those account that where permanently banned before can be released.

Q: I'm getting Pked all the time! I have a scroll and now it's wasted! GM what must I do?!

A: At this time random player killing does not violate any of our policies as this is part of our in game mechanics. There are options available for a player such as recruiting higher level members and using the "Vengeance" option to get back at the player that killed you.

Q: Is real money trade allowed?
    A: No. According to the Terms of Service, players are not allowed to trade their accounts or in-game items for real money. Once found guilty of real money trade, their accounts will be subjected to the corresponding penalty of account closure.

Q: Is account sharing highly discouraged by PLAYWITH?
    A: Yes. Most compromised accounts are typically due to account sharing. We cannot guarantee that all the people you shared your account with are trustworthy. Please be reminded that accounts that were “hacked” because of account sharing may not be eligible for restoration. That’s because the account is a responsibility of the account holder. Please refer to the Terms of Service.

Q: What’s the penalty when found to be listing a fraudulent item/character/crones (false listing)?

A: It will be a permanent block on the Exchange Market. Since it is permanent, there’s no other way to remove the block on the Exchange Market. It cannot be bought back and it will not be given back to the account in time

Q: How come I was imprisoned when I have 0 penalty points?
    A: The penalty points were implemented when the Handcuff System were still in game. Since the Handcuffs no longer exist (except for GM Handcuffs) penalty points do not count anymore. If a GM verifies that you violated our Terms of Services by using a third-party program, you will be penalized accordingly.

Q: Are special characters allowed for in a character’s name?
    A: No. If found that your character have a special character in your name, it will be changed to rock****. This will prevent other people from having a hard time typing your name.

Q: Is it safe to buy from gold sellers being advertised in the game?
    A: No. These are illegal crones from illegal sites. These gold sellers will take your account ID and password to take away your crones or worse, your whole account. GMs in game are doing their best to remove the crone spammers although there are times when they slip through our defenses. The best you can do is to ignore them because if your items/account was hacked due to buying from gold sellers, you’re not eligible for restoration.

When Is Maintenance Scheduled?
    Normal maintenance is usually scheduled for every other Tuesday (every 2 weeks). During these maintenance times, special service features (name and gender changes) will take place.

TECH ISSUES

3901 Error
    The error code 3901 is a disconnection error that is most commonly seen when the servers are down or you have lost the connection to them. Please continue to keep trying to connect.

Access Denied Issue for Vista 32bit
    Here are the steps to work-around the access denied issue for Vista 32bit users.
    1. Start> Settings> Control Panel
    2. User Accounts and Family Safety
    3. User Accounts
    4. Turn User Account Control and or off
    5. In the message box, uncheck the “Use User Account Control” (UAC) to help protect your computer.

Account not registered
    This has 2 causes First one is if the player can post on the forum but can’t get into game due to this error, the player hasn’t put in his verification code https://security.playrohan.com/Membe...ml?valid_reg=2 player needs to find his verification code and go to that page to put it in.
    The second issue is that the player put in wrong id.

You can get a new verification code by going to this link https://portal.playrohan.com/Member/...ification.html and filling out the bottom with your email and clicking submit.

Data Execution Prevention
    Data Execution Prevention or DEP is a mix of hardware and software for windows which checks memory and prevents any code that is viewed as malicious from running on the system. If you are receiving this error when you attempt to run Rohan, this is most likely occurring because windows sees a spike in CCU usage from the launch of Game Guard when the Rohan client is launched. You will have to change the settings of your DEP settings to allow these programs to launch. The following steps were taken from microsoft's website and details can be found here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875352
    Quoted from Microsoft's website:
    "If you are logged on as an administrator, you can manually configure DEP to switch between the OptIn and OptOut policies by using the Data Execution Prevention tab in System Properties. The following procedure describes how to manually configure DEP on the computer:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
    2. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
    3. On the Data Execution Prevention tab, use one of the following procedures:
    • Click Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy.
    • Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy, and then click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.
    4. Click OK two times."
    Dhans can't use traps.
    We have received reports that some Dhans are unable to use their trap skills from their second job. This issue occurs because of a graphics card error. It can be resolved by updating the drivers on your Graphics Card. This should allow you to use your traps once again (or for the first time).

Error 5101
    The 5101 error is a general disconnect error. There can be many issues that would cause this.
    Having a poor connection between you and us.
    Being on a weak wireless connection.
    Players will receive this error when they have sat on the character selection too long and will be disconnected.
    Too many players are on the servers
    Player is unable to connect to the servers.
    Route/gateway/firewall is interfering with our connection to you
    DEP or UAC settings in vista and xp.

Error: Failed to download .dll
    Error: Failed to download .dll Resolution: This occurs due to corruption in the Loader.exe file, this can be resolved by re-installing the client.
    Error:loading err [GetCollisionBase]
    Error: loading err [GetCollisionBase] 4 31106 undefine bin data try to be loaded except the numbers are 5 40101 Resolution: Re-install client should resolve this issue.
    Game Guard issues
    Game Guard issues = multiple links depending on issues. http://www.gameguard.co.kr/gameguard...ng/FAQ_3xx.htm
    Invalid HTTP address
    Invalid HTTP address" and another error saying "login failed". Something prevented the full connection of client and server. Could be router, zone alarm, anti-virus, weak internet connection, wireless, etc. Solution: Try disabling your firewall and anti-virus.

Invalid Version
    "Invalid Version" is an issue that occurs with a sync error between our download nodes and the user's system and client. We have several download nodes throughout the world used when new content is patched. This issue appears to be regional primarily effecting users connecting from South East Asia and Australia. At this time we do not have a work around to resolve these issues however this issue typically resolves it's self within 24 - 48 hours after our content update.

Rohan on Vista and Window 7

Although R.O.H.A.N. should run properly there are some issues that occur due to compatibility on some systems. If you are having issues running R.O.H.A.N. on one of these operating systems please first try right clicking the rohan.exe file and running as compatibility mode. If this fails you may need to adjust your OS "DEP settings" to allow this to launch. Primarily issues tend to occur on 64 bit version of Vista and Windows 7.

Rohan Process already running
    This means that another instance of ROHAN or Game Guard is already running on you computer. First try ending the process from Windows Task Manager. If Game Guard or ROHAN are not appearing in your process menu you will most likely have to restart your computer to resolve this issue.

ITEM MALL

Q: What payment options do you accept?
    A: A list of our payment options can be acquired at:
    (http://support.playwithi.com/index.p...ayment-methods).

Q: I just bought Rohan Points from (PayPal, Click and Buy) and I haven't received them yet. Where are my RP?
    A: When making the initial purchase from either PayPal or the Click and Buy service please note there will be a 48 hour delay for processing of information before Rohan Points are able to be spent on the Item Mall and Exchange Market. Also please be aware that the delay is separate for each service. For example, if a player bought Rohan Points form PayPal and 2 days later bought Rohan Points from Click and Buy, they will need to wait the 48 hour period before using Click and Buys bought Rohan Points. After each service has had a single purchase, further purchases from them will be instant. All other methods of purchasing Rohan Points are also instantly available for use.

Q: I accidentally purchased the same item multiple times. Can I get a refund?
    A: Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a reimbursement for RPs for purchases. However if an item is purchased on accident we can exchange these for an item or items of similar value for recent purchases only. Please contact our support staff by submitting a ticket for these requests.

Q: Why are some items available only at certain times on the Item Mall?
    A: We have several "limited items" that only appear for sale randomly throughout the month. These sales happen at random and are typically announced on our servers and forums when these occur. Unfortunately we do not have a schedule of limited item sales and are unable to sell these directly to players upon request.

Q: I completed a survey from the Game Coins payment option but haven't been paid for this. How do I get my RPs?
    A: First click the "Check Offer Status" button to ensure this survey is registering as "Completed". If the survey is not registering as "Completed" you can click the "Report Problem" button to submit an inquiry to Sometrics to review this survey's functionality. Please not that all free surveys do not register as completed to pay out to the user.
    If a survey is registering as "Completed" but the RPs have not been credited to your account you will have to contact Sometrics to have these awarded to you at:
    (http://sometrics.com/company/contact).

Q: Is it possible to transfer Item Mall items to another account?
    A: The answer is no. Item Mall items are all account exclusives. They cannot be transferred from one account to another.

Q: What is the difference of Item mall inventory, exchange inventory and event inventory?
    A: Item mall inventory stores all the items you purchased from item mall. Item mall inventory can be accessed by all characters, in any server on a given account.
    - Exchange inventory serves as a way to receive or transfer an item from exchange market. It must not be used as a storage for items or you might trigger a glitch where your items will disappear.
    The exchange inventory is server specific. Meaning there is a different exchange inventory per server.
    - Event inventory stores all the items you receive after winning an event. Although there are cases where rewards are dropped on IM inventory. Most of the time it's deposited here.
    Event inventory is character exclusive. Meaning each character you create or have has a different event inventory.

GUILD INFORMATION

Guild Icon Information
    The first thing to do is to make sure your guild emblem meets the following requirements:

1. Must have 16x16 pixel dimensions.
    2. Must be .tga format.
    3. Must be exactly 1,068 bytes.
    4. Must be saved in 32-bit mode.

If you're having trouble saving the file in 32-bit mode and still meeting the 1,068 byte requirement then, depending on your image editing program, you may have to add an alpha transparency layer. If you're not sure if your current image editing program can do this I would recommend using GIMP. GIMP is a freeware image program.

Load up your image, make sure it's 16x16, add an alpha transparency layer (Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel), and save your file as .tga and de-select compression.

To upload your guild emblem navigate to the stablished website and click on the guild name. The guild leader will see an option to upload and if it meets the requirements listed above it should upload successfully. Please allow 24 - 48 hours for the guild emblem to be successfully implemented in game.

Guild Logo Issues
    When attempting to upload a guild logo (guild icon) for you guild, the file format is very specific as to what will be accepted through our website. Only .tga (Targa) files, size 16x16 pixels with 32 bit color can be uploaded onto the guild page. In addition, only the guild master's account has access to upload a picture for the guild logo.
    If you have a picture you would like to upload that does not meet these requirements, you can simply use any program that allows you to edit Targa files (such as Photoshop) in order to edit these images. Photoshop is not the only program that can do this but is the most commonly used one. Below are the steps to edit your image files into guild logo format with Photoshop (these instructions will vary depending on the program you are using):
    1. Open the picture file in Photoshop.
    2. Select "Image", then "Image Size ...".
    3. Change the image size to 16x16 pixels.
    4. Go to File > Save as.
    5. Select to save the file in format Targa.
    6. You should receive a pop up to select the color ratio.
    7. Select 32 bit color and save.
    If you are not receiving the pop up for the color ration when you attempt to save this file, please open a different TGA or image file that has that color ratio (32 bit) already applied on it. Once it is open, copy the image you wish to upload over the old image file for the 32 bit color file and then save it again.
    If you continue to experience issues with uploading your guild logo, please feel free to e-mail these icons to http://support.playwithi.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit with the image file attached so that we may investigate and convert these images for you appropriately.
    Good luck!