+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Advice for starting players

Will put some of my experiences I've had here so people can use this.

1. For those who haven't noticed yet, there is a VIP button next to your mini map, click this and explorer the tabs it holds. These tabs hold information about your real time progress of different events which are currently going on. Beside that it has the VIP donator reward function, which is, to my knowledge currently disabled since the IM is disabled.

2. 100% SES drops from monsters and they are tradable

3. READ you skills descriptions carefully before you add points to any skill, some buffs or skills don't go together with other skills (for example sharpen blade (double auto attack from guard) won't work if you have one of the 4 elementals on)

4. There are no option stones anymore, most of the attributes which were previously obtained through option stones are now imbedded into the weapon parts, which drop from monsters or can be bought from NPC's or obtained by quests.

5. Armour parts and weapons have sockets, in which you can fit specific option stones. The system isn't working perfectly yet tho but I assume that attributes like hp/mp absorpton (which aren't imbedded in weapons) will be available in option stones which will go into these sockets later on.

6. Multiple basic stats have changed, the base movement speed from characters went from 600 to 720, the base critrate from characters went from 5% to 0%. As well as the attackspeed from some weapons was changed. There are probably many more changes which I failed to name since I've only played ORIGIN for a few hours. Got anything to add? respond below and I'll add it.

7. All classes skills have been mixed, reworked or changed, in general the % of buffs and scaling is really low, preventing you from insane stat inflation. Because there are no ''all stats'' items available (beside the 10 all stats title at the end of CB) I would advice everyone to devide their stats mixed. You'll need some dex for accuracy but also some vit for hp/pdf. Don't build a 'pure'' str character, you'll not be pleased with your progress. same goes for mages (build some vit too)

8. Making friends and sending xp/receiving xp is a great way to lvl up do however keep in mind that if you lvl that way to like lvl 25-30 you won't have any crone or armour and by that time you won't be well geared enough to farm monsters your own lvl. Instead I suggest to do the base quest line, while making friends (gifting xp) and lvling with others in a party (healers + damage dealers)

9. Making friends and sending xp/receiving xp is a great way to lvl up, try to befriend higher lvl people as the xp you receive increases if the lvl difference between you and your friend is greater (as in your friend should be the higher lvl, the lowest character (you) receives the most xp).

10. The strongest/most viable classes PVP and PVE wise (to me, this is my opinion) seem to be mages (warlocks/wizzards) as well as humans (specially guardians seem awesome). For PVE I think Scouts will rule this area, as well as for pvp suport wise (AOE apply death mark), don't know about their damage for pvp probably not enough burst to really be good.

Beside that, Giants (savage & berzk) seem to be good for pvp and pve. Dekans seem to be good too specially dragon sages which will be really tanky PVE characters.

Got anything to add, let me know
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 03-30-2017 at 02:03 AM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Dekans suck hard compared to Humans and Giants. I played a Giant to 32 now, had serval Humans in my Party(all did well in surving stuff). Dekan thou(took 2 dekans to lvl 22 now).... its a mess sure skills suggest they get tanky but, all damges is rly rly rly low and your Armor stats are weird as fuk.

To make it Clear i love Dekans but its messed up all your armor is divided into 70% magic Def and 30% Phyiscal Def... egg means with full Nyode Set my Dekan has around 100 pdef and 220 magic def with 700 hp. This as a melee Class is crap. In comparsion the Giant at lvl 22 with same Armor(traded it. so rly the same) had 170 pdef and 120 mdef and around 900 hp.

Result is even with 2 healers Dekan drops dead the moment 2+ mobs aggro him, while Giant can make it out alive and even beat them.

Beat them brings me up to the DMG. Giant allways did dmg 200-400 with skills at lvl 20-30. On Dekan instead everything is low... Forfoot Swing?(based not on max hp on REMAINING hp now) 60 dmg, Breath and full INT Dekan used to hit like 500-1000 dmg forget it. it hits up to 150-200 now, Normal dekan Skill with Fullzhen give 100-150 dmg.(on cd around 12 sec)

This combined results for me in...Dekan is a rly rly awefull starter Class.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMansEnd View Post
    Dekans suck hard compared to Humans and Giants. I played a Giant to 32 now, had serval Humans in my Party(all did well in surving stuff). Dekan thou(took 2 dekans to lvl 22 now).... its a mess sure skills suggest they get tanky but, all damges is rly rly rly low and your Armor stats are weird as fuk.

To make it Clear i love Dekans but its messed up all your armor is divided into 70% magic Def and 30% Phyiscal Def... egg means with full Nyode Set my Dekan has around 100 pdef and 220 magic def with 700 hp. This as a melee Class is crap. In comparsion the Giant at lvl 22 with same Armor(traded it. so rly the same) had 170 pdef and 120 mdef and around 900 hp.

Result is even with 2 healers Dekan drops dead the moment 2+ mobs aggro him, while Giant can make it out alive and even beat them.

Beat them brings me up to the DMG. Giant allways did dmg 200-400 with skills at lvl 20-30. On Dekan instead everything is low... Forfoot Swing?(based not on max hp on REMAINING hp now) 60 dmg, Breath and full INT Dekan used to hit like 500-1000 dmg forget it. it hits up to 150-200 now, Normal dekan Skill with Fullzhen give 100-150 dmg.(on cd around 12 sec)

This combined results for me in...Dekan is a rly rly awefull starter Class.
    Considdering your complaints it looks like you made your dekan intel, have you tried making it strength?
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

i have 2 dekans one is INT and one is STR(even 2 str 2 vit), dmg sucks compared to Giant and defense too. So no my complains arent about INT-Dekan its about Dekan in generell. Situation today : Ahkama Cave... Human says "haha easy mobs with my new Noyde i get 8-10 dmg " im here with same Noyde even 2 lvl higher skilling vit... getting 30-32 dmg from a lvl 19 mob on lvl 25.

I think the guy is b****ting you. I don't remember what it's like on such low levels but 30'ish is like minimum damage. Without min DD% you would still receive that damage, even with higher armor.
    KatyPerry level 101 guardian - Forever

I could let these dream killers kill my self esteem. Or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams. - Kanye

actually no, i have seen him tanking 4 mobs without a sweat. While dekan, Archer, "Templar" suffered struggled at moment they got hit by 2 mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMansEnd View Post
    actually no, i have seen him tanking 4 mobs without a sweat. While dekan, Archer, "Templar" suffered struggled at moment they got hit by 2 mobs.
    Hmm ic.. Weird armor stats then indeed.
    KatyPerry level 101 guardian - Forever

I could let these dream killers kill my self esteem. Or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams. - Kanye

8-10 dmg seems really low, even while considdering the dd skils from human....I haven't tested dekan tho so I can't be sure about their dmg

what I can say is: Don't get pinned down by a chars early game pve performance. sure it sucks to be weak at CB with no main or items but the balance and power of classes aren't unlocked till at least 80 or so when you can max out your skills. Some classes have a slow start up, this does however not necessarily mean they also have bad endgame gameplay
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I get hit for 40 ish dmg on my human - but truth be told, that still feels like getting hit by a truck if your hp is that low.
    Any info on protection? Haven't spend sp on it yet, since i'm quite reluctant to waste some more.

Reads as it will give %boost to stat defense. Reads to me that the defense you get from str/vit is increased by protection now. Might be something at higher lvl, idk.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    8-10 dmg seems really low, even while considdering the dd skils from human....I haven't tested dekan tho so I can't be sure about their dmg

what I can say is: Don't get pinned down by a chars early game pve performance. sure it sucks to be weak at CB with no main or items but the balance and power of classes aren't unlocked till at least 80 or so when you can max out your skills. Some classes have a slow start up, this does however not necessarily mean they also have bad endgame gameplay
    Ha na i wont give up. I wanna see the endgame off my choosen classes aka Giant and Dekan. My statement was never meant to say the class cant be good at lategame but for a starter class, its aweful. Did you know that Dekan cant teleport to placed like Altar or Roha, Lime or What ever? i basicly cant meet with other Races to do my questline like they do(5 man party to do quest) or just grind gear and lvls at Roha. Thats a real bummer.