+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Its eh not so fun right now but rohan wasnt that fun when it started anyways it will take some time to see how it develops.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by soulholder View Post
    The slight irony here being that vit dekan, aside from post-hero-patch pre-nerfed WFFS/DFFS, was probably at its strongest at this time given its relative health advantage via scaling gear. Even still, the build was kind of a pushover since it rarely truly one-shotted people, and so many people were running dhans with mana burn/silence/pouch to lock them out of combat and the old HP/MP switcheroo. And a lack of vit power creep kept them killable while not doing insane amounts of damage (coming close to 700 vit was insane).
    How were vit dekans a pushover build? They were never meant to be a one-man-army type of char. The power of vit dekans was having like at least 2-3 running around, FFS-ing Templars at the same time when DN expired, or any other char that had priority being killed. Also, having those dekans reviving people all the time was annoying af. These two things were the strengths of dekans.

Anyways, crafting etc wasn't that bad at all, if it was capped at the 51 rings. Everything that contributed to the over-the-top damage and unfair advantadges contributed to the killing of the game. Epics, upgraded, all stats acc and what even came after all of that was just plain stupid. I had epics, upgraded, all stat boss drops etc etc but I didn't enjoy it like the time before that. Just because there were dhans running around doesn't mean that dekans were a pushover build. There were guardians and rangers, which back then, were one of the main squishy killers.
    KatyPerry level 101 guardian - Forever

I could let these dream killers kill my self esteem. Or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams. - Kanye

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Ew a new Rohan selvel -_-
    So how "gud" is it?
    Or are they still scamming you people like always?
    xD
    Actually I kinda like it. PW isn't raping folks as bad as they were in R:BF. It is about as P2W as most "Free" games are and better than some pservers I know of.

If you are used to pservers, experience and rates are as low as expected. And there are some pretty marked differences:
    • No portal stones - you teleport by clicking a bindstone on the map & pay for the trip (price goes up the higher level you are).
    • No arrows/bolts needed for half elf
    • "Pure" builds will have a tough time surviving
    • The is no Gathering Hall
    • There is no Exchange Market
    • There is no Item Mall (during the cbt - will open later)
    • There are no option stones for forging. BUT weapon/armor parts have options built into them
    • There are no stat restrictions on weapons or armor
    • Refine more than -5 levels you can break your stuff without a pres stone (which means -7 is the max)
    • There is no stats refiner since there are no stat restrictions on gear - only level.
    • Use a Chance stone to give yourself better refine, reinforce and forge rates.
    • No 3rd party buffing - self and party buffs only.
    • You can reinforce (+) any weapons or armor - not just ancient & enchanted. It is crone driven like refine
    • For now mob respawn is 3 seconds - i find it way too fast but it is good for parties and melee classes which are close to where the loot drops.
    • I haven't seen any crafting facilities so I would guess no crafting.
    • No Glacials
    • All armor weapons have spirit stone sockets (most of the time 3 - may be more after forging)
    • Mobs can drop unique gear
    • All SES I have seen as drops are 100%
    • There is a piggy bank at the top of the screen that gains crones with every mob you kill. Once in a while you will get a copper key that lets you unlock it. You can't collect those keys in your treasury.
    • level cap is 100, but it >100 skills like heroic are included as part of the main and job skill trees. Heroic will give you a maximum of 15% PvP defence and no attack bonuses.

That is what I can come up with off the top of my head. I am sure there is a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by KatyPerry1 View Post
    How were vit dekans a pushover build? They were never meant to be a one-man-army type of char. The power of vit dekans was having like at least 2-3 running around, FFS-ing Templars at the same time when DN expired, or any other char that had priority being killed. Also, having those dekans reviving people all the time was annoying af. These two things were the strengths of dekans.

Anyways, crafting etc wasn't that bad at all, if it was capped at the 51 rings. Everything that contributed to the over-the-top damage and unfair advantadges contributed to the killing of the game. Epics, upgraded, all stats acc and what even came after all of that was just plain stupid. I had epics, upgraded, all stat boss drops etc etc but I didn't enjoy it like the time before that. Just because there were dhans running around doesn't mean that dekans were a pushover build. There were guardians and rangers, which back then, were one of the main squishy killers.
    100% agree.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-03-2017 at 08:12 AM.

OMG i have missed the original intro music like from forever xD
    Yeah just logged with my fancy DE and so far it seems ok-ish
    But with the experience we had with this company I have to say I am surprised o.o
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    • No portal stones - you teleport by clicking a bindstone on the map & pay for the trip (price goes up the higher level you are). I'm OK with this, it's a very nice change - but they definitely need to adjust the price tags at higher levels. I'm not going to pay over 40k to get there, and I'm not going to run through 6 maps to get there either. Sure, you can get rid of your money, get yourself killed on patrols yadayada - but that's just unnecessary rifraf I don't need
    • No arrows/bolts needed for half elfLove this change
    • "Pure" builds will have a tough time surviving Yup, this is great - can't count the amount of people complaining about weakness and still going full out on one stat other than vit..
    • The is no Gathering Hall
    • There is no Exchange Market I hope, for the love of RBF, that they will keep it this way. IDGAF about IM, as long as there is no EM I'm good
    • There is no Item Mall (during the cbt - will open later)
    • There are no option stones for forging. BUT weapon/armor parts have options built into them There is an interesting variety to be made here
    • There are no stat restrictions on weapons or armor +1
    • Refine more than -5 levels you can break your stuff without a pres stone (which means -7 is the max) +1, if you're not required to have gear 20 lvls above you to survive
    • There is no stats refiner since there are no stat restrictions on gear - only level.
    • Use a Chance stone to give yourself better refine, reinforce and forge rates. Haven't tested this yet - sounds like a nice IM touch i don't really care about, as long as it doesn't mean you cannot forge anything without them
    • No 3rd party buffing - self and party buffs only. I'm a fan of anything that compliments party play
    • You can reinforce (+) any weapons or armor - not just ancient & enchanted. It is crone driven like refine breaking at +1 is a tad overdone IMHO
    • For now mob respawn is 3 seconds - i find it way too fast but it is good for parties and melee classes which are close to where the loot drops. too fast on general maps, I say OK for dungeon rooms and places like Roha/Spire/Giant's fingerprint/etc
    • I haven't seen any crafting facilities so I would guess no crafting. +1
    • No Glacials +1
    • All armor weapons have spirit stone sockets (most of the time 3 - may be more after forging) +1, as long as the spirit stones won't yield crazy stat boosts and that you cannot stack them on the same item
    • Mobs can drop unique gear +1 interesting change for those that cannot/feel not like forging too much
    • All SES I have seen as drops are 100% I doubt they'll keep it this way (?) I don't mind 100%, to the contrary - but I think drop rate is a tad too high??
    • There is a piggy bank at the top of the screen that gains crones with every mob you kill. Once in a while you will get a copper key that lets you unlock it. You can't collect those keys in your treasury. +1 I like this, many also complain about crone drop being low, but they do not count the piggy bank on top of it. I think it's a nice add-on.
    • level cap is 100, but it >100 skills like heroic are included as part of the main and job skill trees. Heroic will give you a maximum of 15% PvP defence and no attack bonuses.+1, I think..

Forums didn't let me quote you so I did it like this..
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

I have to agree with you guys very interesting skill sets on all the classes.
    Went DE/Warlock cause why not? but i think nerfing the shields to last seconds is retarded for a very weak class that has no pdf what so ever.
    Magic mobs are no problem and resistance(Magic attack resistance) is great numbers go from 13+0 to 41+0 and some resisted but as i said physical and ranged mobs hit way too hard against this class and very little spots with magic mobs to kill. Most DEs will have a though time getting used to the old ways. Kiting is no problem tho xD
    Am pretty sure ill stick with this and just go casual.
    Still surprised on how well this server seems to be working out o.o
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Its eh not so fun right now but rohan wasnt that fun when it started anyways it will take some time to see how it develops.
    nah it is pretty fun

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblebutt View Post
    nah it is pretty fun
    Dont let the nostalgia fool you.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by KatyPerry1 View Post

Was speaking more generally; a group of three players playing anything burst-oriented (agi dhan and ranger were big ones due to their relative burst/combo reliability from stealth/range to dodge silence/pouch and pre-cast their escapes in the form of WF/Sprint on top of their low-stat-need for high damage from siege shot scaling and obviously stat-crits + invenom elemental damage) easily brought down non-tanks without the need for truly massive gear advantages as was the norm throughout most of 2008. Vit dekan worked as a good sponge and bruiser, but unless it was ganking or focusing random under-leveled players, it struggled to contribute much given its relatively easy shutdown potential from priest/dhan control effects. Possibly different metas, though, Ahkma was also the newest of the servers just after release, full of mostly rejects from the others and new players lol. Even then, templars didn't start taking the spotlight until a long ways after when people started scaling blunt with lots of all-stat bonuses; str defender was "the build" for a long time given the insanity of bonus attack force that Fixation provided on top of all the sweet defenses from the tree to keep them up.

51's while not inherently bad were a huge step towards the stats just getting out of hand; rings alone could provide almost 40% of the total achievable stat points from 1-99 in each of three separate stats. R4 rings were 15-20 each with hearts being the big vit item. Needless to say, just the difference alone between them was about the same as investing into 4:0 or 3:1 builds, which you probably recall early on being a make-or-break split for most players.

True @ the 51's being a huge step towards the starts, but still.. it was relatively harmless when it was just focussed to your 3 main stats. The +all status on drops/rings combined with +attack gave the killing blow.

Two or three dekans did the job better than two or 3 rangers or dhans. If timed correctly a Templar or w/e didn't have time to pot if he would get FFS'd by two dekans. Neither did a priest have time to heal etc. Problem with rangers and dhans were that even Templars, while hitting 1.5k's or even less, could whack down a dhan or ranger in no time. Plus dhans and rangers were focussed by guards/defenders etc. Trust me, when we ran the server before all the epic stuff etc more trouble with their dekans than any other class. Dhans and rangers were easily killed. Vit dekans with obli, cure silence,heals, perma revs from priests and other dekans was what made the pvps last longer.

And str defenders never were a real thing tbh, too easily shut down. Melee based defenders became a thing when defenders like Hikari were full vit with epic/upgraded weapons and 4x beze/ruler. Being tanky af while doing 6-7k Fix AOE. But then again, thank YNK for that.
    KatyPerry level 101 guardian - Forever

I could let these dream killers kill my self esteem. Or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams. - Kanye