+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by urfriendvoi View Post
    my char is GOLDENBOY add me friends
    Tried to. you weren't online.

Look for Voodoo or Spanks (those are the toons I'm on most often.

Also found out they have HKs in this version

Bad move PlayWith!!!

Where did you find the hks?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    saw chat ingame of someone buying it from an npc. was only good for 4 hrs - i think he paid about 50k for it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulholder View Post
    Googled this board during an offhand conversation with a girl about my previous endeavors here. Well, damn, maybe I'll need to swing by.

Screw it.

HellHunter has re-entered the game.

So many old faces here it's insane.

If I do, I might need to fight back for my proper forum account, though. Apparently my inactivity during college and change of staffing in the meantime let it end up locked.

How's it going everybody?
    SH!T, how did I miss this post? lol dam this game is bringing out everyone from the old days ;p

Hi THH!!!! <3

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

well well, some old faces here
    Miss the old days of Rohan, all friends and enemies. Made for some fun times

~Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    SH!T, how did I miss this post? lol dam this game is bringing out everyone from the old days ;p

Hi THH!!!! <3
    Hey Karren! <3
    Very much surprised to see you still floating around here haha.

The amount of people calling me out in-game is crazy - some of them I barely even talked to when I played and haven't seen in years! If there's one thing to have learned from this community, it's that it's extremely tightly-knit, and most of us have made lasting impressions as people on one-another. I can't be certain how long I'll be around, but the nostalgia and reconnecting has been great fun so far. Just like a family reunion, it seems so many are setting aside all the dysfunction for a brief while and are just enjoying the company and remembering the past in good spirits.

Though apparently I didn't leave enough of a reputation for all these young whippersnappers I keep seeing in-game who maxed out in R:BF that don't know of the OG danger-ranger :3

Though I'm kind of bummed that I'll need to be playing a scout...

Hey Karren! <3

It's basically just a big family reunion here ain't it! Just a brief period where everyone's setting aside the dysfunction and negative feelings towards each other to enjoy each others' company and reconnect after so long ;D

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    saw chat ingame of someone buying it from an npc. was only good for 4 hrs - i think he paid about 50k for it.
    Has me worried; 50k for four hours is pretty cheap. The last thing we want back is those things making a return...

Probably still would just have been best off relaunching the game as it released in '08.
    Last edited by soulholder; 03-31-2017 at 07:25 PM.

lolno

Everybody SAYS that they would like the old school rohan feel but in reality its bull****. I have played on maybe 20 or so lvl 99 pservers and they die within weeks because simply put the struggle is just not fun. We have exposed the masses to a higher quality lifestyle with twins and the lvl 15 costume and chimera gear. IMO epic-upg 1.0 pre +18 rings was the BEST time in rohan history, the best pvps that lasted because people didnt die in 2 hits ala 2008 rohan and people didnt die in 4 hits ala +18 boss drop 50% scrolls bull****. I honestly would prefer rohan origin with either a scaled down upg weap style (maybe +30% hp on all dps weapons and +70% hp on tank weapons / +6% dd / +6% crit) or a working not p2w style of isen server. The main problem with the isen server was the stupid gear progression system that made it impossible unless you balled out to upgrade past chimera on anything except weapon. The system of farming power badges to get the spirit stones for your crafted gear was fair a f and if they added more ways to get power badges (example: buying from ip shop or making quests in indun) it would be much better since everyone just logged like 5 chars for PA to keep up with the spirit stones.

Nah. How did Twins possibly make the game better in the grand context of things? I could take a level 30 with agi twins and crit people in the nearby levels for five times their max health. Level curbing of abilities helped, but honestly, there shouldn't be a need to do so. It's symptoms of a bigger issue. And at the end of the day, the issue is P2W powercreep in a highly exclusive have or have-not environment. R:BF's pop died out with epics and upgrades not because of bad balance or time investment, but the sheer fact that it was pretty much impossible to climb out of being a have-not without major assistance from big-name guilds or P2W spenders.

2008 was the best this game ever was, and likely ever will be. People didn't die in two hits, either, unless they were just bad or massively underleveled/geared. A player in good gear in his 70's was an endgame or 8x/9x threat enough to take them damned seriously Combos dropped people 10-15 levels up if they weren't paying attention. Strictly speaking, the pace was fast, yes, but the combat itself required some mental acuity, and success was found in a mixture of gear + skill. AA resets and every little cooldown mattered. Good-enough gear wasn't IM-dependent or expensive to make. Costumes gave +5 stats and 30 pdef/mdef and were hardly mandatory because of it.

Most skills had barely any difference between 6/7 and there was little incentive to spend a ton monthly to stay competitive. Minigame (B5/L7/nopoly)stat scrolls didn't even exist - just wraths, sprint scrolls, and some other minor junk in the mix. In no other time has this ever been the case.
    Twins were a good QoL buff to offset the intense needs for crafted accessories and the insanity of powercreep someone who spent a ton of money on the game could achieve. However, hard-stat-capped R1-R4 rings with a low level requirement were amazing because the gains level-to-level between a well-geared level 60 character and level 99 only differed in raw stats mostly from the actual point investments from builds. The rest was gear amp from %'s.

A lot of the rest of the problems just happened from over-farming and obvious best-choices for PvP as far as option items went (DD).

THH you never actually played this game so I can chalk your thoughts up to just being a casual. I have been around the endgame pvp scene since the start and I can tell you that balance during the 08 days was just an illusion. You are a victim to confirmation bias which is when you think its fair because you managed to get away with it when in reality at the top tier that never happens. Templars with feathers that had a decent defender on their back did not die to anyone not within 30% of them gear wise. Dekans with 4x hearts were 1 hitting anyone who didnt have at least 19k hp and good luck killing a 1 vit per lvl priest with 4x amulets it wasnt gonna happen.

Getting that full buff empower dark eyes ctb people had 25k+ melee fighting ppl with at most 8k. Night and day difference and lol plz lvl 7s were always important again thats confirmation bias. You got away with having lvl 6s and you think that you would be able to get away with it in real pvp? plz

The epic-upg pre +18 days was THE BEST MOST BALANCED time in rohan. Ask anybody who was around at that time and they will tell you.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Well - we've been there, said that, discussions all over the place yadayada.
    Epics themselves weren't what initially broke the game, but the fact they were a limited sale along with a whole bunch of other shizzle that went down.

There's so many things that "broke" the game, that it's pointless to pinpoint it down to one thing when, TBF, it was never right to begin with.
    But hey - let's not debating on what could be and what should be - but what is and what small tweaks can make the difference.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast