+ Reply to Thread
    SQL30081N/ip.diagnostic-tools/v1/errortranslator?errorCode74/communicationerror/6f0

Cool Rohan Frame Rate FPS and Resolution

Has anyone tried playing Rohan on a 144Hz monitor? Or a 1440p monitor? I'm trying to tell if 144Hz or 1440p will make Rohan gaming better even though Rohan runs at like max 20 fps. Any tricks to maximize performance experience in Rohan? Prevent input lag or make everything smoother? Increasing resolution and playing on 1080p shows you more of the map but what about the frame rate and the other stuff?

Share your experiences ;D
    You can’t keep doing shiitty things, and then feel bad about yourself like that
    makes it okay! You need to be better! You are all the things that are wrong with
    you. It’s not the alcohol, or the drugs, or any of the shiitty things that happened
    to you in your career, or when you were a kid. It’s you. All right? It’s you.

SQL30081N/ip.diagnostic-tools/v1/errortranslator?errorCode74/communicationerror/6f0
    Was wondering if anyone has a wider screen or higher resolution than this and with Rohan still working. Anyone got a much wider distance (d) from center to the sides?

It's hard to measure and tell but with how gratt walls look hope you guys can tell.

makes it okay! You need to be better! You are all the things that are wrong with
    you. It’s not the alcohol, or the drugs, or any of the shiitty things that happened

Rohan is programmed to run at a max 20 fps. 1440p or 144 hz monitor wont do you any good. If you get an ultrawide however... you can do some mad multiclient hunterkit pvp.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Rohan is programmed to run at a max 20 fps. 1440p or 144 hz monitor wont do you any good. If you get an ultrawide however... you can do some mad multiclient hunterkit pvp.
    Yes I know the 20 FPS max cap making 144 Hz useless. But 1440p would'nt be that useless because it'll give you more space for the client room also. Cuz it's wider. I have a 27 inch with 1080p and I can run 3 clients on same screen without alt-tabbing just like Ultra Wide screens. But I was thinking something even bigger and sicker, is it possible to run more than 3? I get a message saying 3 clients are maximum everytime I try to run a 4th.

I wonder if the Rohan Client could be adjusted to an Ultra Wide's resolution. Probably see like half of limestone ROFL

I can run 20+ rohan clients at once.

You gotta use the shortcut trick and I wont post it on here.

Everyone who has ever done events with me knows how many chars I can log at once

I can run 20+ rohan clients at once.

You gotta use the shortcut trick and I wont post it on here.

Everyone who has ever done events with me knows how many chars I can log at once

Need a damn good PC :'(

I think the FOV will stay the same at that point, so you won't see more, but i never played at 2560x1440.
    The graphics benefits a lot from high resolution though. I play with 8xSSAA at 1920x1080 res, which basically means rendering at 4x resolution... so something like 7000x4000. And the image quality is just so much better... mostly objects at far distance or vegetation...
    I made some screenshots if you are interested, not sure if you see the difference or it's just me.
    https://u.cubeupload.com/Shing/rohanclient201509072.png
    https://u.cubeupload.com/Shing/cb5ro...t201509072.png

Quote Originally Posted by LaLee View Post
    I think the FOV will stay the same at that point, so you won't see more, but i never played at 2560x1440.
    The graphics benefits a lot from high resolution though. I play with 8xSSAA at 1920x1080 res, which basically means rendering at 4x resolution... so something like 7000x4000. And the image quality is just so much better... mostly objects at far distance or vegetation...
    I made some screenshots if you are interested, not sure if you see the difference or it's just me.
    https://u.cubeupload.com/Shing/rohanclient201509072.png
    https://u.cubeupload.com/Shing/cb5ro...t201509072.png
    Jesus that's alot better. Does SSAA work only on specific monitors or can I check it out somehow? I'm sure it'll cause some fps drops tho making respawn in lime more a headache than it already is.

so many years in IT and u say such stupidities ? wtf rly ?
    1440 is the resolution so it doesnt matter

for the 144hz, it is the refresh rate per seconds that ur monitor will catch up the image from the graphic card (called also VSync, GSync or FreeSync), NOT the game itself, so wtf u talking about ?
    ofc it will be much fast in 144hz than 60hz when, per exemple, u will move the camera, because this depend on the refresh rate and not the fps of the game

what u were saying is like when u watch a video in 480p (without pushing theater or full screen mode) and change in 720/1080p 60fps (the 60fps is the most important things here) (without, still, theater or full screen option) and says even if its "little" u dont percept the "smooth" of the video, if is it, then go to an optician asap ty
    /Quit

I went for the easier to understand over the technically correct route. People assume that the games they are playing have a frame rate closer to their monitor's refresh rate and I only pointed out that this game is not the case because its locked in at 20 fps.