+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don't think its intended niche, a hardcore pvp scene, would still consider this game relevant.

Also the game being this old and slow helps a lot in the desync department. This is probably one of the only mmorpgs where you can pvp with/against the entire world with no noticeable advantage/disadvantage. The fact that my ping is better than those pinoys and the koreans and the polaks changes nothing. Newer games with action combat systems makes it so you can only pvp if you got 50 ping or less. I would never have had an opportunity to play with Karren and tri and 80% of the egypt and 80% of poland and a thai ladyboi if this was an action combat pvp game.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Danno and PenguinJoe has the point. The game is obsolete and sadly the developers are making bad choices with their little resources.
    Trinity update was an useless update... okay, everyone is making their MMO more "anime" like, but the new class doesn't fit to the game at all and the lvl1-50 progression is a joke and seriously, the whole update didn't add much to the game.

Then they made Rohan: Origins in the east. Again, wasted resources. The whole theme park idea is bad for this game. Rohan isn't working as a linear game. The only unique thing in this game was the open-world design, that you can choose where you want to level. And they killed it... great.

And before, they increased level cap, instead of adding more contents for lower level players and more endgame content. They didn't add anything serious content to the main game for 10 years...

The tech team is a joke with the 20FPS level cap, no 1280x1024 resolution support, because they are lazy to realise that it's 5:4 ratio, not 4:3. (I'm sure it would take like 5 minutes to add that ratio support to the game).

SQL30081N/ip.diagnostic-tools/v1/errortranslator?errorCode74/communicationerror/6f0
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLee View Post
    Danno and PenguinJoe has the point. The game is obsolete and sadly the developers are making bad choices with their little resources.
    Trinity update was an useless update... okay, everyone is making their MMO more "anime" like, but the new class doesn't fit to the game at all and the lvl1-50 progression is a joke and seriously, the whole update didn't add much to the game.

Then they made Rohan: Origins in the east. Again, wasted resources. The whole theme park idea is bad for this game. Rohan isn't working as a linear game. The only unique thing in this game was the open-world design, that you can choose where you want to level. And they killed it... great.

And before, they increased level cap, instead of adding more contents for lower level players and more endgame content. They didn't add anything serious content to the main game for 10 years...

The tech team is a joke with the 20FPS level cap, no 1280x1024 resolution support, because they are lazy to realise that it's 5:4 ratio, not 4:3. (I'm sure it would take like 5 minutes to add that ratio support to the game).

Literally 5 mins LUL
    You can’t keep doing shiitty things, and then feel bad about yourself like that
    makes it okay! You need to be better! You are all the things that are wrong with
    you. It’s not the alcohol, or the drugs, or any of the shiitty things that happened
    to you in your career, or when you were a kid. It’s you. All right? It’s you.

Rohan is very good,The quest, could give more xp, I'm tired of killing mobs 380 mobs for 1 lv lol,This is not attractive for new players. It's very tiring.
    When players come across all this grind, they walk away / quit / quit /quit

Tbh at this point they should have a permanent boost quest system to get new players to lvl 91 A S A P. Quests should take you from 1-65 in your race's map and from 66-91 in crystal quary. Job change quest has been removed and job change cert is awarded at lvl 50 from bindstone gatekeeper of your town.

That would clean up most of the maps thats unused so we can convert all the non race maps & dungeons into quest grounds. Instead of repeatable quests all quests have a 24 hour cooldown and are assigned based on your group. (all players in the server are assigned a group from 1-4 so that all maps are utilized)

Example scenario:

Defender (group 1) has 6 daily quests from the following areas:

1:Aevruary
    2:Kalista
    3:Rahkon 2

Avenger (group 2) has daily 6 daily quests from the following areas:
    1: Liom
    2: Varylon
    3: Rahkon 4

KnightDreams (Group 3) has 6 daily quests from the following areas:
    1: Kowware
    2: Shielynth
    3: Eibach

MsAbella (Group 4) has 6 daily quests from the following areas:
    1: Rahkon 1
    2: Rahkon 5
    3: Shilyah

The way this works is that when you complete a quest you are awarded a 24 hour duration voucher for the 3 maps you are assigned. All npcs in that map will accept this item as a pre quest which will then unlock the actual daily quest. Daily quests expire and reset at 3:00 am server time.

These quests award xp, transcendence fragments and power badges. Power badge shop now contains 10% scrolls as well as teardrops.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 03-05-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Tbh at this point they should have a permanent boost quest system to get new players to lvl 91 A S A P. Quests should take you from 1-65 in your race's map and from 66-91 in crystal quary. Job change quest has been removed and job change cert is awarded at lvl 50 from bindstone gatekeeper of your town.

That would clean up most of the maps thats unused so we can convert all the non race maps & dungeons into quest grounds. Instead of repeatable quests all quests have a 24 hour cooldown and are assigned based on your group. (all players in the server are assigned a group from 1-4 so that all maps are utilized)

Example scenario:

Defender (group 1) has 6 daily quests from the following areas:

1:Aevruary
    2:Kalista
    3:Rahkon 2

Avenger (group 2) has daily 6 daily quests from the following areas:
    1: Liom
    2: Varylon
    3: Rahkon 4

KnightDreams (Group 3) has 6 daily quests from the following areas:
    1: Kowware
    2: Shielynth
    3: Eibach

MsAbella (Group 4) has 6 daily quests from the following areas:
    1: Rahkon 1
    2: Rahkon 5
    3: Shilyah

The way this works is that when you complete a quest you are awarded a 24 hour duration voucher for the 3 maps you are assigned. All npcs in that map will accept this item as a pre quest which will then unlock the actual daily quest. Daily quests expire and reset at 3:00 am server time.

These quests award xp, transcendence fragments and power badges. Power badge shop now contains 10% scrolls as well as teardrops.

I understand, this is the mechanics of the game, but the initial dekan map is empty, and this mechanics does not work, does not have the player to pt, log 10 acc, will the solution? i Like '' DEKAN '' tanker healer aoxoaxoa prozor.
    I'll look all class the initial maps and see which one has more player, human has more or not? Elf must have more, templar youtuber have much pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp rohan = templar f1 f1 f1 f1 healer f1f1f1f1f

Quote Originally Posted by fulgorexx View Post
    I understand, this is the mechanics of the game, but the initial dekan map is empty, and this mechanics does not work, does not have the player to pt, log 10 acc, will the solution? i Like '' DEKAN '' tanker healer aoxoaxoa prozor.
    I'll look all class the initial maps and see which one has more player, human has more or not? Elf must have more, templar youtuber have much pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp rohan = templar f1 f1 f1 f1 healer f1f1f1f1f
    I dont understand what you are trying to say.

Problem with rohan is that it's obsolete.
    Last edited by acheter; 01-19-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acheter View Post
    Problem with rohan is that it's obsolete.
    The game itself isnt obsolete and the primary content (people to kill) never gets old. All that leaves is graphics and the game system itself.

Honestly I like the mechanics of the game and I like the fact that it isnt an action combat system which would prevent the entire world from being able to play on the same servers. If this game were fixed up properly I could see it outliving most mmorpgs the same way runescape is still alive.