+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Guardians, Worth it or not?

Hello guys, me again xD. now that my dhan is 103 lvling became really slow, so i decided to make another account while my dhan is on HK, and so comes my question about the guardians. Why i never see them on Isen server? can some1 help out with some pros and cons for the guardian class. like good pvper or pve kind of character. Should i pick it or a defender. cuz i see ALOT of defenders.

Also i read on the wiki that a guardian can dual wield swords and off wield a dagger and maybe a shield? what do u guys think.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cymesta View Post
    Hello guys, me again xD. now that my dhan is 103 lvling became really slow, so i decided to make another account while my dhan is on HK, and so comes my question about the guardians. Why i never see them on Isen server? can some1 help out with some pros and cons for the guardian class. like good pvper or pve kind of character. Should i pick it or a defender. cuz i see ALOT of defenders.

Also i read on the wiki that a guardian can dual wield swords and off wield a dagger and maybe a shield? what do u guys think.

Thanks!!
    ''lvl 103'' ''really slow'' ..... uh my man? At lvl 103 the xp travels at just below lightspeed. I'll talk to you when you''re 115+40....

Do inter/minor dungeons, you'll be 115 in no time.

Guardian > Defender PVE and PVP wise. Use sword (dd) and dagger (dd + hp/mp abs)

Defender is cheaper to gear, tankier (50/50 vit/str) and very wanted in partys (emp 7 with monthly free ASES 30% attack force and 45% pdf), if you wanna lvl to 115+20 fast & cheap, get a def.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    ''lvl 103'' ''really slow'' ..... uh my man? At lvl 103 the xp travels at just below lightspeed. I'll talk to you when you''re 115+40....

Do inter/minor dungeons, you'll be 115 in no time.

Guardian > Defender PVE and PVP wise. Use sword (dd) and dagger (dd + hp/mp abs)

Defender is cheaper to gear, tankier (50/50 vit/str) and very wanted in partys (emp 7 with monthly free ASES 30% attack force and 45% pdf), if you wanna lvl to 115+20 fast & cheap, get a def.
    Well i do know that higher lvls are harder to get. and on Isen server not much ppl are doing inter dungeons so. anyways i wont rush it lol.
    About the Guardian tho what stat build do u recommend? And if u would rank guardian pvp-wise where would u rank him?

Quote Originally Posted by Cymesta View Post
    Well i do know that higher lvls are harder to get. and on Isen server not much ppl are doing inter dungeons so. anyways i wont rush it lol.
    About the Guardian tho what stat build do u recommend? And if u would rank guardian pvp-wise where would u rank him?
    Oh you're at isen lol, come jainus it's much more populated. Full str is the way to go.

I can only rank classes on Jainus, Isen is probably similar but I'm not sure what chars are capable of doing there, I quit ISEN at 115+3, when the lvl cap was +10.

Jainus PVP rank: (damage and rpk ability wise)

1. Int Warlock
    2. Agi Avenger
    3. Str Noir
    4. Str Guardian
    4,5,6,7,8,9,10 etc. Everything else

There is not much difference between Noir and Avenger, Avenger is better for rpk since it can attack from hide and silence people. For group/party pvp I'd say Noir/Guardian/Warlock own pretty much any other class. Warlock falls off a bit in party pvp since people can outheal their dots as well as spirit makes their whole skillset useless, nontheless they are still really good (specially AOE mana drain)

Best allround classes for pvp,rpk, group pvp and grinding and farming inter are: 1. Noir, 2. Guardian, 3. Predator

*Note: Not to forget Rumirs, which are #1 supports and can deal a tonn of damage too. great in almost any situation
    **Note: Predators are really good at grinding, sustain and inter, they are okay-ish for group pvp but can't withstand nor put out CC. For rpk they are pretty crappy if you ask me but other people disagree with this.
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 01-25-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Gotta disagree with you about Guards > Defenders especially in pve.
    I played Guard b4, changed to Def months ago (also coz i thought they would release the balance patch soon so guards will be nerfed lol)
    And i definetely do better in PVE as i did as a guardian.
    pvp wise im still able to beat almost everything even tho when i really miss rohas blessing.

Anyway, warlock is nasty as **** but u need to know what youre doing.
    On isen we only had 2 warlocks u had to take serious.
    One quit few months ago, the other one changed class again.
    Warlocks on isen arent very popular somehow.
    Same with agi avengers. Nobody sees the benefits of the avenger they are all blinded by the extra crit rate of predators katar mastery.
    Noir and Rumir are awesome but yea the arrendal weapon is the huge negative point on this.

@topic get a guard to support your dhan with critical aura.
    Go full strenght with shield and dagger or sword & dagger.
    Or get a rumir for a great party support
    Last edited by Jester999; 01-25-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Camora
    Superiors

IIvodkaII
    (i) Made Str Dhan great again
    - retired on Isen -

WhyMee
    Famous

I've been here killing it
    Longer than you've been alive, you idiot

Gud to see someone reading the wiki page
    Gotta update some stuff still QQ
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Well guardian beats everyone in a group pvp so ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jester999 View Post
    I played Guard b4, changed to Def months ago (also coz i thought they would release the balance patch soon so guards will be nerfed lol)
    pvp wise im still able to beat almost everything even tho when i really miss rohas blessing.

Same with agi avengers. Nobody sees the benefits of the avenger they are all blinded by the extra crit rate of predators katar mastery.
    Noir and Rumir are awesome but yea the arrendal weapon is the huge negative point on this.

Guardian #1 group pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Jester999 View Post

It might be a little different on Isen but for Jainus it's 100% sure:

Guardian > defender

Full str Guard does 1 mill aoe crits in pve no problem, it's clearing big waves of mobs in inter faster than any other class can. PVP wise defenders are too slow, their movement speed is really bad, specially with Fix on. Now so many classes get movement speed bonuses from their ultis you really just can't pvp with a class that is as slow as a defender. Defenders skills are split into damage and support skills, this also makes them less viable for pvp than guards. I've pvp'ed vs max geared guards and defs, almost all defs changed and went guard or played another class with time....

I think there is currently only one good high lvl defender on Jainus that pvps with it and that's Tifa, I think he's just trying def coz he's been guard, warlock, savage and idk what more. All at +50.

Quote Originally Posted by manciai View Post
    Well guardian beats everyone in a group pvp so ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon11 View Post
    Guardian #1 group pvp
    Yup, guards are amazing for group pvp. Don't underestimate noir/warlock tho, it's less of a rambo playstyle but it's very effective.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    It might be a little different on Isen but for Jainus it's 100% sure:

Guardian > defender

Full str Guard does 1 mill aoe crits in pve no problem, it's clearing big waves of mobs in inter faster than any other class can. PVP wise defenders are too slow, their movement speed is really bad, specially with Fix on. Now so many classes get movement speed bonuses from their ultis you really just can't pvp with a class that is as slow as a defender. Defenders skills are split into damage and support skills, this also makes them less viable for pvp than guards. I've pvp'ed vs max geared guards and defs, almost all defs changed and went guard or played another class with time....

I think there is currently only one good high lvl defender on Jainus that pvps with it and that's Tifa, I think he's just trying def coz he's been guard, warlock, savage and idk what more. All at +50.
    uhh id like to see some fraps of Tifa then. are there any o_O ? wonder how much melee he has and how much dmg hes dealing in fixation to 70% DD users.

well i just can talk for isen, so im totally with u if u say on jainus guard are the way to go when i look at the huge DD and HP people have over there so having Order Swing is a must and also as u mentioned about the crits, sure with the crit % on upgrades guards are strong.
    i watched some fraps of a guard in PA, yea looks fun
    also the ultimate skill of the guard is obviously a huge plus, the defender ulti is defense like, guess with this they even wanna force us to see the def mostly as a tank/empower support.

anyway, on isen the average HP and DD is around +65k + 38%.
    so i dont need the befenfits of the atk speed or rohas blessing from a guard to be deadly as ****.
    youre right about the movement especially in fixation but well remember the time you couldnt even move in fixation or crazy standing? yea? so im down for it.
    Last edited by Jester999; 01-26-2017 at 06:06 AM.
    Camora
    Superiors

IIvodkaII
    (i) Made Str Dhan great again
    - retired on Isen -

WhyMee
    Famous

I've been here killing it
    Longer than you've been alive, you idiot