+ Reply to Thread

critical shut down when playing rohan

Hi,
    Does anybody experiencing similar problem with rohan ?
    After last maintenance my pc shuts down when I play rohan, usualy in couple mins to 1 hour, (temperature of CPU is ok and it isnt overloaded)
    It happens only when rohan is loaded.
    I tried to reinstall rohan, nothing helps. After couple other tries i discovered that I need to uninstall antivirus. (I remember that time ago was problem with Avast+Gameguard+HP PC configuration)
    But unfortunatelly this time I uninstall Avast and tried Avira with the same result - PC shuts down in couple mins when log in to rohan.
    I can play with no antivirus only .. Id say it shouldnt be like that.
    Last edited by jiryBB; 01-13-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Client download error: melicious file.!

For technical issues, you may 1st try our troubleshooting procedure by visiting the link below:
    http://rohan.playrohan.com/DownLoad/Trouble.html

If the issue still insisted, you may want to send us a ticket by clicking the SUPPORT button at the top of the screen.

troubleshooting procedures doesnt help in my case,
    PC turns off in short time after log in even with fresh instalation of windows 10 + fresh Avast + downloaded and patched Rohan (nothing else installed)
    but it seems to be problem of some HP laptops only, probably gameguard is in conflict with some HP drivers but only when antivirus is installed
    its strange
    Last edited by jiryBB; 01-16-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jiryBB View Post
    troubleshooting procedures doesnt help in my case,
    PC turns off in short time after log in even with fresh instalation of windows 10 + fresh Avast + downloaded and patched Rohan (nothing else installed)
    but it seems to be problem of some HP laptops only, probably gameguard is in conflict with some HP drivers but only when antivirus is installed
    its strange
    This is interesting. Do you get a bluescreen when your system shuts down? Does it actually shut down or restart?
    Usually restart happens when there is a driver crash (drivers run on ring 0 or ring 1 - while everything is in the recoverable ring 3 zone). If you get a bluescreen you may actually get the name of the faulting component (usually a .sys file).

As this says you are only having problems when the anti-malware stuff is installed, it may be interfering with drivers (gameguard kicks off a driver file and some anti-malware suites use driver-level components as well). The only thing I can think of for you is to add the entire Rohan client directory into your antivirus exceptions (some just let you provide the directory and and they will ignore everything in it).

It shuts down (like you turn off power) but its notebook so it isnt because of electricity.
    Another thing is that I actualy need to uninstall that antivirus when I want to play Rohan, It isnt enough to turn it off only.

On the end I found it happen again even when there is no antivirus (except windows defender which i turned off) that means it has nothing to do with Avast or other antivirus.
    I checked whole laptop, fresh system installation, stress tests, memory and disk tests, I disconnected all possible parts, I changed RAM and CPU as well nothing helps ..
    Only thing which left is motherboard, but I would say its because of Gameguard, because it happen only when I play Rohan. Gameguard must be in conflict with some of my HP drivers, because on other PCs its ok. I was monitoring system and temperature was about 30 degrees below CPUs critical temperature and hardly 70% load. There are no records about these shut donws in system event viewer. BTW even compatibility setting to windows XP SP3 didnt help
    Id say its my goodbye to Rohan ...
    Last edited by jiryBB; 01-18-2017 at 08:24 AM.

hey when you restart your pc after its had the crash does it come up with any error message at all or even take you straight to Bios? I had an issue soo long ago where I was borrowing a friends pc and it would shut down every time I was playing Rohan. I later found out that there was an issue with the power supply surge "detect" thingy. I had to go into the bios and disable it, once I did that, Rohan worked fine and no damage done to my pc. Keep in mind, this was on a desk top, I'm not sure about notebooks.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Thank you i will check if i can do something with power or battery in bios, but I do not get any error msg, it just turn off with no records.

------------

No, I cant do anything with power in BIOS,
    only thing I could do was to disable some of ACPI drivers in windows, but it doesn't help, anyway I checked those drivers and there wasn't any update lately
    Last edited by jiryBB; 01-19-2017 at 01:06 PM.