+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New player

New player

Hello, i am a new player to Rohan, dling the game and about to start playing. i did dl this game b4 but a lot of ppl discouraged me about playing this game and kept saying it is a waste of time because it is pay to win and u cant manage to ever be competitive in the game as a free player, but now i am looking around the forums and i dont find ppl talking about it anymore so i thought i should ask around, so did anything change about the game? is it still hard paying game or can i manage as a free player by farming and stuff? and also, are there any EU servers? Maybe a guild to join?

Thanks guys for help.

This game is p2w to the extreme but you can KIND of get away with being a free player on the isen server (mainly because of the non crafted damage drop) but still expect to get your ass kicked a lot.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    This game is p2w to the extreme but you can KIND of get away with being a free player on the isen server (mainly because of the non crafted damage drop) but still expect to get your ass kicked a lot.
    sorry but i dont quite understand what does the server has to do with anything and what do u mean by "kind of get away"? does this mean i will be competitive but takes time or does this mean i will never be competitive as a free player?

Quote Originally Posted by Cymesta View Post
    sorry but i dont quite understand what does the server has to do with anything and what do u mean by "kind of get away"? does this mean i will be competitive but takes time or does this mean i will never be competitive as a free player?
    The anus server has some epic/upg weapons that came out of playwith's anus and demand a high $$$$$$$ price. If you dont have the cash to buy these things then you are screwed.

The isen server has no epic/upg weapons its actually crafting based which is as close as you will get to a free player mode on rohan.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

All Hail Isen! no Serious mate i just returned to Rohan my self after years and after all i heard and tested you rly dont wanna go for the Janius-Server if you intent to be mostly freeplayer. Isen is less populated and ofc not everything is fair but way better than fighting this massive cash-advantage that then ppl have on Janius.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymesta View Post
    Let me put this in a way that someone who does not know the way things work here can understand.

there are 2 servers here:

Isen - More new/free-player friendly, but has a lower population. You will still end up paying to buy things from the Item Mall in this server but on the whole you may like this one better. The economy is more crone-based (in-game money) in this server.

Jainus - Less forgiving to new players. This is a heavily pay-to-play server in that you cannot play on this server and compete without spending large amounts of real cash. Server is mostly populated by bored end-game players that have spent many thousands of US $ on their characters and gear. If you are new coming into Rohan, I can pretty much guarantee you will get frustrated and leave the game within a couple of weeks playing here. The economy is more Rohan Point/ecash based than Isen. If you can manage to farm here, you can build good ecash flow.

Thank you guys for ur advices i will give the game a shot, are there any guides for AGI Dhan? i tried searching but found some posts that said that all the guides is gone cuz they had and old Forums and this is a new one. can some1 help?

Try this as Dhan Guide. Site also offers decent info about some stuff

http://all-aboutrohan.blogspot.com/2...han-build.html

Thx guys, i am lvl 30 now on Isen server, i have some questions to ask that i faced during my gameplay and was hopeing if u guys could help. Thx.

1) Srsly how can i teleport from 1 location on the map to another?... or do i have to walk all those long runs from the city to whatever monster i am grinding?

2) Level refiner in my opinion is so bull****, i got lvl 30 and they gave me a lvl 35 katar, and when i tried to refind the level it asked for 190k for the 3 levels refine... what am i supposed to do with Crons?

3) my last question.. where are the population? i am sorry but i cant find a single player? are there some sort of a main city later in the game where ppl handout at? or maybe a pvp zone

BTW i am talking about Isen Server.
    Please the the time to answer , Thanks guys

EDIT: Any player Currently playing on Isen? or maybe a good guild to join?

Hello! Im no new Player but a Returner started from basicly Zero. So i can kinda relate.
    1.) There are items called Portal Stones you can use em to reach serval spots in Rohan. You can buy em at Citys or at some Bindstones, for beginning take a trick on 2nd Icon on Right Symbolbar, a counter appears and after wards you are in Eres Harbor or Gathering Hall how ever you wanna call it. The Sundries Merchant sales Stones that pretty much help alot to move around. For lvl 30 i would say take Wild Highland Stone from there you can walk to Ahkma, a previously famous Dungeon. In there you can farm/grind from lvl 30-45 mobs are plenty, the deeper you go the harder it becomes.

2.) Refining is expensive thats right, but a few things to know: you can refine up to 15 lvl down safely and improtant for you maybe refining 1 lvl X 3 is cheaper than doing 3 at once.

Kinda Side Advice take your lvl up rewards at Bindkeeper of your Hometown and in Gathering Hall is a NPC that gives you gifts also ever 10 lvl until you reach 50, they help alot.

3.) Yeah where are the players...well we had a "jumping" event meaning that every player that made character in a set time got it pushed up by 50 lvl, many new and old players used this to make new Characters but now after the event the most players have their new toys on serval lvls and dont wanna lvl new ones. Specialy new players prolly faced a harsh truth if you are a lvl 115 character with no gear you suck. So manny gave up. The other new players mostly solo farm(speaking of ppl i meet during lvling my new(now lvl 88 Int-Dekan) they never been on Party Maker and farmed quietly in some spots.

For the places where ppl gather often... this are no citys but Trading/Pvp Places and rly high lvl Dungeons(since you need a party to be any efficient there) to name few: Limestone, Lower Gratt, Upper Gratt, Ronelia and a few more i never visited but heard of. If you want players to play with you are best with going to lvl places and find someone or check out the Trading places but be aware with out this jump event there arent many players lvl in 30+.

I also advised you to check out the Blog i send you link to for many informations this one could help you:
    http://all-aboutrohan.blogspot.com/2...d-farming.html
    and also this one:
    http://all-aboutrohan.blogspot.com/2...-lv-10-20.html

This is no scam i assure you if you read that stuff you get pretty detailed ideas how things work.

Oh and to the Edit, well im Playing on Isen if you have questions or need help feel free to just whisper me via the /w command. Names you can Reach me on are Crinitus, Rubbii and SuckaPunch(dont other using Serach list my Toons are hidden!)