+ Reply to Thread
    Banned

Legendary actress Carrie Fisher dies at age 60

Dec 27, 2016
    Carrie Fisher, best know as prince Leia in the Star Wars franchise has died at age 60 from cardiac arrest over the holidays.

After suffering cardiac arrest on a flight over the holiday, Fisher passed away after a day in reportedly "stable condition.".

R.I.P.

(source)
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/27/1...-leia-obituary

This is particularly distressing to me since I have known far too many people that have passed on at that particular age
    BNeing reported within days for George Michael's demise, 2016 is a particularly deadly Christmas season.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 12-27-2016 at 11:28 AM.

This has just been a deadly year and 2017 will be no different.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

There's a whole generation of Actors/ Musicians getting to that age now, We will lose many greats in the coming years.

For me, the death that made a real impact to me this year was the death of Richard Adams. He was the author of my most beloved book ~ Watership Down. Richard died on Christmas eve.

I've lost count how many times I've read this book and my copy is falling to bits now but it is still one of my most prized possessions.

Men will never rest till they've spoiled the earth and destroyed the animals.”
    ~ Watership Down. My fave line from the book.

"My heart has joined the Thousand for my friend stopped running today." ~ A relevant quote from Watership Down.

And no, for those that haven't read it, this book is not about fluffy bunnies and all that. It book is pretty brutal and sad.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest