+ Reply to Thread

How to build skill Ranger for PVP

As the title, Currently i need any advice to build skill for PVP Ranger with lev 115+ ( no skill Ultimate).
    Which PET better for ranger ? (lion, Royal ?)
    Tks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLucky View Post
    As the title, Currently i need any advice to build skill for PVP Ranger with lev 115+ ( no skill Ultimate).
    Which PET better for ranger ? (lion, Royal ?)
    Tks for reading.
    Now I'm not a Ranger player or anything (I got a Dhan Main), but you may wanna check out this guide. Not a lot of pics, but it seems legit to me. Worth the read. (I hope.)

http://guidescroll.com/2011/09/rohan...-ranger-guide/

P.S. Yo, Sniper! Come over here and school this dude real good! *You gon' learn n'day!"

Sniper ◄--- He's a pro. A Jurassic, living legend.
    Last edited by RedEmerald; 12-07-2016 at 06:54 PM.
    That drop of Bloodied Crimson which taketh away the sins of the world...

Thank you but i need advice with Rohan currently.(after patch balace nearly)

I've quit only a few weeks ago, I'm fully up-to-date of all changes. I'm in most cases just too lazy to help out since well, this game is going to sh1t and I don't care anymore.

Anyway, there are multiple ways of building a ranger, it depends on your own preferences since there are more ''usefull skills'' than you have skillpoints so you'll have to make a choice. I think it's obvious you make all ur buffs 7. I'll highlight some skills that are of special importance for me. (Idk all skillnames and I'm too lazy to log so you gonna have to do with this)

- Hidden/vanish whatever that skill is called it makes you invisible as long as you don't move. make this lvl 6, reduces the cooldown to 20 seconds and 100% chance to work. It's very usefull in multiple situations (like venging somewhere while hidden, because yes you can't move but you can venge while staying invisible)
    - Make crit shot 6 and prepare it to make it lvl 7 since it will be AOE when the koreans apply their infinity patch (my guess is it will AOE apply your ult but that's an assumption)
    - magical guard 6/7 very useful as well for pve (if your gear is ****) and PVP since there's a lot of mages around, it has a lower cooldown than before. It also blocks shots from magic patrols so you can actually pk people walking from monntt bind to monnt
    - trick 1-6 depends on what you want but it's usefull to walk into towns if you're red as wel as getting people to venge you in dhan/dekan land so the patrols crush their skulls
    - Kaels bolt or whatever it's called(ranger tree), make it 7, the bolt boost is only 2-6k RA (not sure if flat) but the real damage comes from the 50% dmg boost if your target is below 50% HP. It's broken (specially if combined with anti pot 7 and lvl x of your ult)
    - in ur first tree, get bleeding shot at lvl 1 (you need it later to apply your ult), dont use enchanted Arrow it's sh1t.

Probably forgot some skills but well..

As for a pet, get a lvl 3 fox(if you can't afford that, get a lvl 3 lion), as for a weapon, get a 3.0 xbow with DD (I've used crit myself, seen WA and Ele) 3.0 base damage + ult + anti pot + kaels bolt is plenty of dmg you don't need ele/crit/wa.

After the patch you probably gonna want to use a lvl 3 dragon since WF(goes from 140% to 80% mob at lvl 7) stacks accumulating with speedboosts (meaning it boosts your total movementspeed, not just the 660 base).

Last but not least, ranger is fairly easy to build, it's hard to play since most chars will fk you up with CC and then 1-3 shot you. I've always played rangers as glass canons, going full dex, full out on damage and using ult + anti pot to accumulate damage, silence the target and then use murder shot (100k) + strip shot (100k). that's 200k dmg with just 2 skills, not counting basic attack crits that can reach 30-40k. this damage is based on people with endgame gear and upg weapons with averagely 68% damage drop.

Any specific questions, feel free to ask.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I've quit only a few weeks ago, I'm fully up-to-date of all changes. I'm in most cases just too lazy to help out since well, this game is going to sh1t and I don't care anymore.

Anyway, there are multiple ways of building a ranger, it depends on your own preferences since there are more ''usefull skills'' than you have skillpoints so you'll have to make a choice. I think it's obvious you make all ur buffs 7. I'll highlight some skills that are of special importance for me. (Idk all skillnames and I'm too lazy to log so you gonna have to do with this)

- Hidden/vanish whatever that skill is called it makes you invisible as long as you don't move. make this lvl 6, reduces the cooldown to 20 seconds and 100% chance to work. It's very usefull in multiple situations (like venging somewhere while hidden, because yes you can't move but you can venge while staying invisible)
    - Make crit shot 6 and prepare it to make it lvl 7 since it will be AOE when the koreans apply their infinity patch (my guess is it will AOE apply your ult but that's an assumption)
    - magical guard 6/7 very useful as well for pve (if your gear is ****) and PVP since there's a lot of mages around, it has a lower cooldown than before. It also blocks shots from magic patrols so you can actually pk people walking from monntt bind to monnt
    - trick 1-6 depends on what you want but it's usefull to walk into towns if you're red as wel as getting people to venge you in dhan/dekan land so the patrols crush their skulls
    - Kaels bolt or whatever it's called(ranger tree), make it 7, the bolt boost is only 2-6k RA (not sure if flat) but the real damage comes from the 50% dmg boost if your target is below 50% HP. It's broken (specially if combined with anti pot 7 and lvl x of your ult)
    - in ur first tree, get bleeding shot at lvl 1 (you need it later to apply your ult), dont use enchanted Arrow it's sh1t.

Probably forgot some skills but well..

As for a pet, get a lvl 3 fox(if you can't afford that, get a lvl 3 lion), as for a weapon, get a 3.0 xbow with DD (I've used crit myself, seen WA and Ele) 3.0 base damage + ult + anti pot + kaels bolt is plenty of dmg you don't need ele/crit/wa.

After the patch you probably gonna want to use a lvl 3 dragon since WF(goes from 140% to 80% mob at lvl 7) stacks accumulating with speedboosts (meaning it boosts your total movementspeed, not just the 660 base).

Last but not least, ranger is fairly easy to build, it's hard to play since most chars will fk you up with CC and then 1-3 shot you. I've always played rangers as glass canons, going full dex, full out on damage and using ult + anti pot to accumulate damage, silence the target and then use murder shot (100k) + strip shot (100k). that's 200k dmg with just 2 skills, not counting basic attack crits that can reach 30-40k. this damage is based on people with endgame gear and upg weapons with averagely 68% damage drop.

Any specific questions, feel free to ask.

It is too useful for me. Thank you snipers334
    - Currently,I use set dex +8, full dex, 1 feather 12, 1 insu brooch +12, full twin dex, set chimera glasses+erring, xbow 3.0+8 with 24 crit.
    - Magic gaurd skill, we will use it for rpk which race (exp: dragon sage, warlock, wizard ?_, it correct?
    - How to pvp good with human, noir, wiz, warlock?
    - Why dont use enchanted Arrow ? i see it still increase dame ranger attack when buff it.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLucky View Post
    It is too useful for me. Thank you snipers334
    - Currently,I use set dex +8, full dex, 1 feather 12, 1 insu brooch +12, full twin dex, set chimera glasses+erring, xbow 3.0+8 with 24 crit.
    - Magic gaurd skill, we will use it for rpk which race (exp: dragon sage, warlock, wizard ?_, it correct?
    - How to pvp good with human, noir, wiz, warlock?
    - Why dont use enchanted Arrow ? i see it still increase dame ranger attack when buff it.
    - I used a 3.0 xbow with 24 crit as well. it's nice but you die VERY fast since you have no flat PDF/MDF nor DD nor blockrate.
    - Magic guard blocks all magic skills/attacks. It's usefull for rpking yes, vs dekans since ffs/wffs/dffs is a magic attack but mostly vs warlocks since they'll eat your mana with just auto attacks and kill you very fast with some AOE Dots.
    - You can invest the points from enchanted Arrow into other skills that have more use/value. the amount of ranged attack isn't worth it compared to your total RA(I used to reach up to 120k+ RA)

If you want post SS of both your skilltrees, I'll tell you which skills I'd change or if I'd maybe not change anything at all. In the end, it''s your own call, you'll be viable with many different builds, just depends on your playstyle

As for pvp'ing:

1. if you're not 115+20 you'll lose from a lot of classses, you need your ulti for your true powerspike

if you are 115+20 or higher:

Humans: It really is a matter of luck who wins, silence shot can be blocked. If it gets blocked you're probably f*cked, unless you're really good at kiting and you can stay out of a humans Paralyze range (which is hard since this game is laggy AF). if the hooman doesn't block silence shot, you should be able to unleash your full combo at him/her and mostlikely he won't survive this.

Wizzards: don't deal that much damage and you should be able to kill them since with your gear you will penetrate their Psy shield easily. I don't recall been killed by a wizzard in the time i used to rpk/pvp

Warlocks: vs. a pro warlock who knows how to play, you'll lose every 1 vs. 1 fight being a ranger(honestly with any class, a warlock is the nr.one 1 vs 1 class). A warlock will eat your mana so you lose WF, after that he'll eat you. The only thing you can try is to cast Magic Guard while the warlock is channeling his 2 main DPS Dot skills (Antipot or the other polution one, both deal 900% intel every 3 sec for 30 sec at lvl 7). If you can dodge that, outlast his intel shield, cancel is mirror with aa's and then use your combo you might kill him, but it's very unlikely.

Noirs: Tricky to fight vs. they have high mobility especially with their ulti on so it's hard to outrun them, specially if they use ult and then charge you. You can kill them easily if you can silence them but they have coat and reflect, it's a matter of timing to silence at the right time. You can bait their reflect or coat using other skills like crit shot or bleeding shot, they might assume you used silence shot (since most rangers start of with this). after that you run away and wait for their reflect and/or coat to run out, after which you silence them and kill them. in most cases this ends up with you dieing since the noir will charge you and wreck you with their infinity CC stuns lol.

Ranger is capable of outplaying people with detect, hide, kiting with wf, trick, heal canceling burst (anti pot + ulti + silence shot), magical guard and so on. With time you'll learn to time these things accordingly to outplay opponents. Ranger isn't an easy class to play (if you want to play it well and not suicide every time you leave sz) but it's probably one of the most fun classes.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

I agree with most of what snipes said.

Apart from that, Bleeding shot is the skill you'll need with new skill Death Chaser.
    What has helped me always, with old and new x-bow, is abs. Not only it works well in farming etc. it is also handy in PVP and while you hit, you get your mana and health back.
    Constant mana loss was frustrating, so it's sometimes impossible to use all the skills you need without tons of pots. This way it's more comfortable to play.

Enchanted arrow seemed to increase bolt dmg which is very low (let's say 300). If it increased x-bow dmg (1300) by 35%, that would be different. That's why I left it blank because I saw little or no change in dmg.

It's hard to deal with all these op players today and zerg, but it's no problem to have 20 or more kills in pa.

Yeah, uncomfortable when pvp with noir, warlock.
    I think i need must reset skill and try adjust any skill as advice of you.
    Thank you very much.

Thanks, Sniper!

I learned a lot! THUMBS UP!
    That drop of Bloodied Crimson which taketh away the sins of the world...