+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsuga View Post
    Idk which is worse, the fact you cannot read a big picture with words underlined in red or you don't see anything wrong. Btw I love how you're using 2 accounts (Sylfaen) to try to boost your support team. However if you want to make it seem like you're 2 different people please be discrete and not post at the same time kk schizo <3.
    2 accounts ? ROFLLLLLLLL mens u live on this forums so yes cant be a coincidence when "ur friends" log at same time as u lolz thats why u think that right ?
    u can be me too since u insta answer when i post something xD

hf i log off : )))))))
    /Quit

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I don't think racism can be condoned in any way - but the question begs where to draw the line.
    I'm sure everyone complains about "them indo's" and considers every "Indo" as a potential hacker - it's been sprouted plentiful on the forums, but is it racism or realism? Should it be allowed, or should there be made a statement by a PW spokesperson?

One could excuse the "Nigga plz xD" since the term "Nigga" is more freely used among people of different race and ethnicity, regardless of the origin of the word.
    "yellow rice eater" is quite an obvious case and does not need any excuses.

On the other hand, there's plenty of disrespect towards any kind of person in the game (it's also possible to discriminate 'white' people) in various ways. Not limited to racism and discrimination, per sé. I don't think there's much done about it.
    We are 2016 and in the time this game came out up till now, nothing much has ever been done about any of the above.
    As you can see, there's hardly any moderation on these forums or ingame - do not expect any more of that suddenly now.

It's known that for this game in particular, one needs a very thick skin.

People are running around with Adolf Hitler hints in their names for years on here - Nobody ever did anything about that either.

Banning one of the ten players left is shooting in their own foot. A nice feature would have been to mute people who said x-words x-many times in x-time frame - but at this point in the game's history, that's like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
    'Noble' as your attentions may be - do not expect any sympathy on these forums. It's widely known we are a salty bunch, and love to argue despite the fact that in the roots we may or may not agree with the actual topic. Also, one could wonder if your actions are as noble as they appear to be or if it's just used to spite the person you have a gripe with.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 11-08-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I don't think racism can be condoned in any way - but the question begs where to draw the line.
    I'm sure everyone complains about "them indo's" and considers every "Indo" as a potential hacker - it's been sprouted plentiful on the forums, but is it racism or realism? Should it be allowed, or should there be made a statement by a PW spokesperson?

One could excuse the "Nigga plz xD" since the term "Nigga" is more freely used among people of different race and ethnicity, regardless of the origin of the word.
    totally agree but my exemple with "yellow rice eater" was to troll her cuz she called me a racist when i didnt even talked to her when i said "nigga", and obv it worked, and shes mad xD
    as my troll used to means, why would i call her nigger (not nigga anyway) when shes asian
    and the ****ing point overall is shes the first bitch trashtalking about arabs (e2n) & mexicans (with Sebas) and she dare calling others racists that was funny...

On the other hand, there's plenty of disrespect towards any kind of person in the game (it's also possible to discriminate 'white' people) in various ways. Not limited to racism and discrimination, per sé. I don't think there's much done about it.
    We are 2016 and in the time this game came out up till now, nothing much has ever been done about any of the above.
    As you can see, there's hardly any moderation on these forums or ingame - do not expect any more of that suddenly now.

It's known that for this game in particular, one needs a very thick skin.

People are running around with Adolf Hitler hints in their names for years on here - Nobody ever did anything about that either.

Banning one of the ten players left is shooting in their own foot. A nice feature would have been to mute people who said x-words x-many times in x-time frame - but at this point in the game's history, that's like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
    'Noble' as your attentions may be - do not expect any sympathy on these forums. It's widely known we are a salty bunch, and love to argue despite the fact that in the roots we may or may not agree with the actual topic. Also, one could wonder if your actions are as noble as they appear to be or if it's just used to spite the person you have a gripe with.
    as i said earlier when she compare arabs to camel, and trash talk mexicans with Sebas... shouldnt speak much about racism when I say "nigga plz" cuz that is funny xD
    /Quit

Quote Originally Posted by Mytt3 View Post
    like u make any sense posting deepsht not even related to racism, ok gtfo and nigga please
    The fact that you’re defending Neph by not recognizing the racial prejudice in her words and in addition to making several racial comments yourself- demonstrates how ignorant you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaen View Post
    totally agree but my exemple with "yellow rice eater" was to troll her cuz she called me a racist when i didnt even talked to her when i said "nigga", and obv it worked, and shes mad xD
    as my troll used to means, why would i call her nigger (not nigga anyway) when shes asian
    Please don’t brush the severity of this situation off by saying that you’re just ‘trolling’ for the fun of it like you always do. Racism is not justifiable anywhere, not in real life nor online in a game setting.
    Are you even aware that you literally implied that it was okay for you to publicly use that term just because someone wrote a questionable definition about it on Urban Dictionary?
    There is nothing funny about this topic, and no one should ever have to ‘lighten up and get over it’ when hateful words are being directed at them.

Also, one could wonder if your actions are as noble as they appear to be or if it's just used to spite the person you have a gripe with.
    Are you saying that just because an offensive term/stereotype has been worn down through numerous use, it is okay to classify it as “casual racism”? If anything, it just fuels prejudice and discrimination.
    Racism is just as much about the impact as it is about the intent. It should not be excused as a joke, as there are always the forgotten victims on the receiving end.
    It’s not even about having “beef” with someone, but the fact that this person has the indecency to state that it’s acceptable to act and speak in an offensive manner and justify their behavior as a simple ‘troll.’

Give it up ppl verbal pvp is the only pvp left in rohan anyways.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by apple5 View Post
    Are you saying that just because an offensive term/stereotype has been worn down through numerous use, it is okay to classify it as “casual racism”? If anything, it just fuels prejudice and discrimination.
    Racism is just as much about the impact as it is about the intent. It should not be excused as a joke, as there are always the forgotten victims on the receiving end.
    It’s not even about having “beef” with someone, but the fact that this person has the indecency to state that it’s acceptable to act and speak in an offensive manner and justify their behavior as a simple ‘troll.’
    Yes, I am. Why? Because just the way a non-offensive symbol(or word) can become offensive (Flemish/Confed. flag, (Norse)mythology symbols, Swastika, and numerous other examples) - the same is true the other way around. Offensive can become non-offensive.

Did you know that the phrases "no can do" and "long time no see", are racist of origin? Not a single person will be offended if one uses any of these two phrases today. The same cannot be said during mid 19th to early 20th century.

Do not mistake logical interpretation for a dismissal of racism in general.

Of course, it would be all the better if we flamed each other with words like bedswervers and arfarfan'arf, but it's a whole lot slower to type down for any zounderkite out there.

*edit: *oops*, something went wrong with the quoting.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    The fact that you’re defending Neph by not recognizing the racial prejudice in her words and in addition to making several racial comments yourself- demonstrates how ignorant you are.

Please don’t brush the severity of this situation off by saying that you’re just ‘trolling’ for the fun of it like you always do. Racism is not justifiable anywhere, not in real life nor online in a game setting.
    Are you even aware that you literally implied that it was okay for you to publicly use that term just because someone wrote a questionable definition about it on Urban Dictionary?
    There is nothing funny about this topic, and no one should ever have to ‘lighten up and get over it’ when hateful words are being directed at them.

I am going to stop you right there. There are things we call each other that can be taken as terms of acquaintance or as insults. The only real arbiter in that is you. If you feel what someone is calling you is an insult, ask them to stop. If they do not, then complain to the people running the game. If that doesn't resolve th issue,. you at least raised it. Move on. It really is that simple.

The reason I am saying that is I may go to a pal of mine and laughingly call him an asshole. My friend may take that in the way I meant it and turn around and call me a bellend. It will be up to me to determine if it is in fun or if he is actually trying to insult me for real. It is up to us whether to treat these insults as jokes or as a means or verbally fighting.

If you feel someone is insulting you with racist or other hurtful remarks, deal with it either with the person making the remarks or working with staff. Because let's face it, many of the things we are called in a game could be taken as racist or hurtful. It is up to us to deal with them in a mature, rational manner.

At the end of the day either you are gonna grow a pair and deal with the issue or you are going to come into forums like this and cry about it. One way gets matters solved. The other gets nothing solved but ranting about it makes you feel better. One way is productive. The other - not so much.

i defend noone
    there's no prejudice, it's an mmorpg, ur suppose to speak english, understand english and not introduce ur religion, nationality and private life in this game
    if you do then don't blame others to give stick first and then get beaten

also question: when Ketsuga saying "Go vote Trump" to Sylfaen, how do you estimate the prejudice then ?
    Last edited by Mytt3; 11-08-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Banned
    Here's some prejudice against Trump supporters:

Fact of the matter is that people supporting Trump are by association - supporting racism

1st of all im not american citizen lolz
    /Quit