+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game closure?

Game closure?

Hello since we have not seen many gms on the forums besides sibyl and karazy. I am going to ask straightforward. Do we have a crisis and you gonna close the game anytime soon? Could anyone confirm or deny it?

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    1:24 PM -> 10:12 PM

Not bad.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

I don't think they're closing down just yet; if that was to happen they'd be doing things like upgrade sales, reinforcement events, absolutes on Big5 & increased rates

they will drain your pocket first before closing!

First Euthen, then Atzigan and now Karazy there is something going on up there that good GMs just quit out of the blue like that.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by respak View Post
    Hello since we have not seen many gms on the forums besides sibyl and karazy. I am going to ask straightforward. Do we have a crisis and you gonna close the game anytime soon? Could anyone confirm or deny it?
    Weird. If they gonna close the game, there should be some kind of hints. So far I don't see any signs yet... Maybe its just a personal reason why Karazy left and not game related.
    Brought back from the grave made of pencils and papers.

Euthen was ok. He also tried to make the game better. I heard atzigan got fired up (he made a lot of mistakes with upgrades/abso sets and so on) and then they replaced him with karazy. It could be seen that karazy wanted better and they tried at least. Now I fear the most that they going to make upgrade sell and gonna **** up the stats...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    First Euthen, then Atzigan and now Karazy there is something going on up there that good GMs just quit out of the blue like that.
    I think I explained it in another thread but will put some of it here too:

Customer support is most of the time a pretty thankless job. And make no mistake - the GMs here are customer support. The problem with being in support is that you are the focus of your customers. If your product doesn't work the way your clients like, you are the one that gets their attention because you are the company. When problems happen it is your fault. If you are told of problems you can't fix and pass that info up the line, you are the one who is ignoring your customers. Everything is on you.

When a GM takes the initiative to actually get out there and talk to his players gathering player attitudes, needs and wants, he gets frustrated when (s)he passes that info along and nothing comes of it. In many ways the support person is as much in the dark about why things aren't being acted upon as the players. It is not their fault this input is being ignored, but they get the heat for it because the players see their input going into the bit bucket. When a GM cares enough to do this, it gets frustrating when they are not able to give us good news or even a concrete OK back. There is only so much of that any support person can take. That is why you don't see those that expose themselves like Euthen, Atzigan and Karazy hanging around for more than a couple years. It takes an iron will to handle that kind of job for more than 2-3 years. I know because I played a support role at the software company I worked for for 7 years before I called it a career and retired permanently. While I was at the level of support where I could actually give fixes to more common problems, the most complex fixes had to come from the developers that created the part I am troubleshooting. There are many times I had to go back to my customers (usually being a CEO/CTO of a Fortune 1000 company) and tell them that I cannot give them a fix they need and they had to wait for the next release. My health actually did go downhill during that 7 years and when I retired at the end of it the difference in my own life was like night and day. Over the following year my health improved substantially until it was almost as goods as when I started that role. I can just imagine what a level 1 or 2 GM in a place like PWI is like. I would not stay with a job like that myself for more than a couple years - especially if I were under the same constraints these guys are.

Support is a high turn around job for good reason. The 3 mentioned are only the more 'public' GMs that we see coming and going. There are others behind the scenes we don't that are coming and going just as fast (if not faster).

Didnt many of the good gms quit 4 years ago to? Or am i just makng up thing xD

I mean people quit it happens, they will find new ones, almost all the founders of blizzards have left that company and i doubt they will shut down because of that ._.

before we migrated, our GM's before quitting their jobs too, according to GM Dredd (one of our gm's of Rohan PH before replaced by GM Garrik) they told us by chat in game is one of most problems between their high department officials, is the UPDATE patch schedule from Korea which korean devs are hardly to contact and a slow respond when followup regarding the patch they send using P2P system or "IJJI" a system that connects patch server from korea to designated server which needed for patch download updates (needed every mentainance is going) and for the game to be updated in case of some adjustments done like installing new edited item patch, sprites or changes of the race system for example. The result that makes Gms mostly irritated to followup their superiors in resulting of server patch delays between korea in result of a left behind of the server in diff countries that are LICENSED from PWI korea. so since many players are getting pissed and GM's cannot do anything from it they tend to resign. I dont know if this also happens here in RBF as you can see, the balanced patch still on going and still on FLOATING state while Korean Rohan did their updates from balance patch, added new talismans like Elemental talisman, new weapons like Royal Sword patch, accessories, extended item upgrade patch, aura color changes, improving Dungeons and monsters and new armor set more than onyx and heroic etc.
    Last edited by pimoh; 09-29-2016 at 06:00 AM.